Ma'ake Kemoeatu “ma-AK-kay kay-moy-AH-too.” 3-4 NT

ddh33

Reaction score
For the last time, Ferguson didn't get beat out by Glover. Glover was healthy. Bill rewarded him for his play and toughness. When Dallas went with their best group in their base defense, Ferguson was always out there. Glover was the pass rusher.

neosapien23

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
For the last time, Ferguson didn't get beat out by Glover. Glover was healthy. Bill rewarded him for his play and toughness. When Dallas went with their best group in their base defense, Ferguson was always out there. Glover was the pass rusher.

Dude what are you talking about? Ferguson was brought in to be a starter. Yeah he got hurt, but he was healthy all year. Glover kept him on the bench as a "rotational player". If Ferguson had not gotten beaten he would have started. Ferguson did not make the starting squad until the last three games of the season when Bill started Ferguson and Canty. Yet somehow the run defense actually went down. Even Mickey Spagnola stated that the Cowboys didn't get their money's worth from Ferguson, and he is the ultimate company's man.

ddh33

Reaction score
I believe that everyone complains about Ferguson because they want stats. Ferguson did a good job this season though.

He was a "rotational" player - just like Glover. I don't see your point? Bill played them both, but Ferguson was the key to this defense because he was (and is) the NT that allows you to play those 3 man fronts. When the Cowboys wanted their best three man line on the field, Ferguson was in the middle of it. That's just the way it is...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This signing will impact draft as Rush Stated. Also watch the Abraham move.

Ravens | Want to re-sign Kemoeatu
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:04:27 -0800

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Baltimore Ravens NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu's agent, Ken Vierra, said he talked with the Ravens Monday, Feb. 13, and the team would like to retain the soon-to-be free agent.

Browns | Interested in Kemoeatu?
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:04:04 -0800

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Baltimore Ravens NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu, who is soon to be a free agent, could be an option for the Cleveland Browns if he doesn't re-sign with Baltimore. The Browns may be willing to pay him more to plug him into their 3-4 defense.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I believe that everyone complains about Ferguson because they want stats. Ferguson did a good job this season though.

He was a "rotational" player - just like Glover. I don't see your point? Bill played them both, but Ferguson was the key to this defense because he was (and is) the NT that allows you to play those 3 man fronts. When the Cowboys wanted their best three man line on the field, Ferguson was in the middle of it. That's just the way it is...

:hammer:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Ravens | Want to re-sign Kemoeatu
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:04:27 -0800

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Baltimore Ravens NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu's agent, Ken Vierra, said he talked with the Ravens Monday, Feb. 13, and the team would like to retain the soon-to-be free agent.

Browns | Interested in Kemoeatu?
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:04:04 -0800

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Baltimore Ravens NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu, who is soon to be a free agent, could be an option for the Cleveland Browns if he doesn't re-sign with Baltimore. The Browns may be willing to pay him more to plug him into their 3-4 defense.

So the Ravens are saying that they want him back but hes not saying he wants to be back and other teams are showing interest.

The dude is hitting the market. Whether or not well be willing to pursue/pay him is another. Would be a great fit. What do you pay him though? $3mil $4mil. Whats a starting nosetackle worth. This is his first shot at FA so it will be interseting to see what happens.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We could sign him for less than we are on the hook to Glover for.......

Ngata/Watson in draft are also options.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
So the Ravens are saying that they want him back but hes not saying he wants to be back and other teams are showing interest.

The dude is hitting the market. Whether or not well be willing to pursue/pay him is another. Would be a great fit. What do you pay him though? $3mil $4mil. Whats a starting nosetackle worth. This is his first shot at FA so it will be interseting to see what happens.

we run a 3-4, where you only need 1 NT, we already have big money invested in Ferguson

James Reed would be a more suitable candidate, cheaper, and fits the bill for a rotational player as a NT in the 3-4, or DT in the 4-3, that we need, or just go with Thomas Johnson and/or bring back Chris Van Hoy, or get another one late in the draft, or sign one as a UFA

Rush 2112

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
we run a 3-4, where you only need 1 NT, we already have big money invested in Ferguson

James Reed would be a more suitable candidate, cheaper, and fits the bill for a rotational player as a NT in the 3-4, or DT in the 4-3, that we need, or just go with Thomas Johnson and/or bring back Chris Van Hoy, or get another one late in the draft, or sign one as a UFA

Ferguson is the wrong side of 30.

More importantly he has a 2 year contract disguised as a 4 year deal.

He won't see years 3 and 4 at their current price tags IMO.

Time to draft a young NT is now and groom him the way Wilfork was....behind a vet like Keith Traylor.

Traylor started 10 games, Wilfork started 6 in the year he was drafted.

Worked out ok. They won the Super Bowl.

Why wouldn't we want young depth and a future franchise guy at the most important position in the 3-4?

Answer:

Not enough stats and not a sexy pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Ferguson is the wrong side of 30.

he's 31

Rush 2112 said:
Why wouldn't we want young depth and a future franchise guy at the most important position in the 3-4?

Answer:

Not enough stats and not a sexy pick.

no, the answer is our roster still needs some more quality starters, we don't have the luxury, or talent on the 1st teams, or depth, to use our 1st round pick on strictly BPA, and future options, we need starters

I'll put everything on us NOT taking a DT on the 1st day

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
hormone-induced pineapples? :huh:

j/k to all our hawaiian folks... :)

I am deeply offended!!! I may not be "Hawaiian" technically, but I do enjoy Hawaiian Punch. How dare you?!:nono2:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
BIGDen said:
I am deeply offended!!! I may not be "Hawaiian" technically, but I do enjoy Hawaiian Punch. How dare you?!:nono2:

It's tantamount to saying black guys run so fast because they are being fed hormone induced watermelons.

Oh, and those guys are Samoans not Hawaiians.

/married to a Hawaiian

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tass said:
It's tantamount to saying black guys run so fast because they are being fed hormone induced watermelons.

Oh, and those guys are Samoans not Hawaiians.

/married to a Hawaiian

You want to get really ahead of the curve? Someone should go get the best of the best Sumo wrestlers and convert them into NT's. Now thats an idea!:)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Then why do you want to draft guys in the first round to replace him?

Good one MW...lol..

How the snowmobiling up there now ? headed up that way tomorrow.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Then why do you want to draft guys in the first round to replace him?

Because the patriots did it. He is also big on a TE in the first round. Go figure.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Nors said:
You want to get really ahead of the curve? Someone should go get the best of the best Sumo wrestlers and convert them into NT's. Now thats an idea!:)

I dunno. I watched Sumo a LOT when I lived in Hawaii and those guys are carrying too much weight for the NFL.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sumo wrestlers have no endurance. 5 or 10 pays at most and they would be worthless.