Ma'ake Kemoeatu “ma-AK-kay kay-moy-AH-too.” 3-4 NT

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Then why do you want to draft guys in the first round to replace him?

You win games in the trenches. You add NT rotation and depth to grind out Wins. Go see our 90's Dallas defense - we had serious DLine depth. Pats drafted and stockpiled Dline beef. Its how you win in the NFL! Bears? That was Refrig Perry and a lot of beef! Baltimore defense was centered off the Siragoose!

Size matters! (sorry miki)

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT said:
He is a free-agent , and this is only his 4th year in the league . Right now he is rated as the 3rd best DT available in FA , only behind R. Bernard and C. Hovan . He's been a guy I've been interested in , and is familiar with the 3-4 . He's been overshadowed by guys like T. Suggs and R, Lewis , but he is a solid young player . I'd like to see what Dallas could get done by sending Glover to Baltimore for Kemoeatu . They have moved to the 4-3 , and I'd think that Glover lined up next to Suggs would be interesting to them . Likewise , a young 6-5 350lbs. NT to line up behind Fergi SHOULD be interesting to Dallas .

Why would we trade a Pro-Bowler to Baltimore for a player who is likely to become a FA? The Cravens, so far, signed Kemoeatu as an UFA in 4/2002, then re-signed him to one-year contracts in '04 & '05. My guess is that he is looking for more security than one-year deals, and will check out FA to see what he is worth, and to try to get a long-term deal. Man, if we could get a guy that big & strong in the middle of the 'D, we could free up the LBs to stuff the run. That would also free us up from having to draft a NT.
IMHO Fergi just wasn't worth his $$, and let way too many runs come up the middle. A guy 6-5, 350 would really be hard to move out of there.

Then, we could save Glover for a mid-lower draft pick from a 4-3 team who feels they are a solid DT or so away from the big time.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tass said:
I dunno. I watched Sumo a LOT when I lived in Hawaii and those guys are carrying too much weight for the NFL.

Yes - the Heavies won't cut it. You have to focus into the Hybrid Sumo's. They are agile and small enough to fit into a 3-4 scheme.

Also look for the shoguzon pedigree. They are stout and strong with major go go. Just like Ichiro came in and made a huge splash. Sumo's are next big score in the NFL.

Buguzo ishi ebridosan nagazakuboza kickasapora sun.

"NFL Centers beware"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We could always do what another poster suggested a month or so ago, put Larry Allen at NT...:)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Excellent point,

The islands of Somoa and Tongue are churning out NFL players. Its time to raid the big island next - Japan and Sumo's