Twitter: Machota implying Jerry thinks we were out coached

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant speak on what this board was like back then, but I do know on the motherships message board people have been wanting to get rid of him since that 2nd 8-8 season. which was 2012 i think.
I heard that there were some posters, on that board, so unhappy with him that they swore to not wear pants again as long as he was there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile’s posts were basically romantically delusions based on historical trends of a completely different era.

His posts influence plenty of these Garrett homers, with their absurd takes on the ‘new dress codes’ and the like. About how Garrett carried himself like Landry. Now they sell it that Garrett is one of the guys and a coach players can relate to. They’ve flipped their rationalizations 180 degrees.

I can understand like a few people maybe buying into it but about half of this board somehow convinced themselves that he was the next Landry.

He was just as much of a problem when Wade was our coach if not more.

The game against the Giants gave a lot of fans false belief in him for years too.

Now there is just a few of the super homers left that really believe in him but my gosh I can't believe all of the wasted players, years, and time on a coach that was never good.

khiladi

Reaction score
The thing is, we can actually se improvement in things like roster and talent. The only constant of outside Jerry the GM, is Garrett. Jerry has shown willingness to change everywhere else.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sorry Jerry, Zim isn't available. You had him once and let him get away.

Problem with Zim is he stopped getting results.

Good coaches in this league don't keep their job if they don't get results.

That's the thing some fans and even organizations do not get.

I'm of the belief that even if we had Bill Belichick and he hadn't done anything in 4 or 5 years then you move on.

There is no time for loyalty in this sport and quick changes can sometimes result in a quick championship.

links18

Reaction score
Problem with Zim is he stopped getting results.

Good coaches in this league don't keep their job if they don't get results.

That's the thing some fans and even organizations do not get.

I'm of the belief that even if we had Bill Belichick and he hadn't done anything in 4 or 5 years then you move on.

There is no time for loyalty in this sport and quick changes can sometimes result in a quick championship.

Yet we have Carrott Head for a decade. :(

slick325

Reaction score
I'm officially joining the group that wants every Coach on the staff on the 1st thing smokin'. The entire staff...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm officially joining the group that wants every Coach on the staff on the 1st thing smokin'. The entire staff...

Change is good..

And if it's bad? Then bring on the good draft picks.

Mediocrity is the worst spot to be in though. I want to be really bad or really good. In between is terrible because it keeps you chasing a carrot you will never catch.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Zimmer bringing in Kubiak as a "consultant" has been one of the best offseason moves any team has made.

Just like Shanahan, the guy knows how to run the football.

slick325

Reaction score
Change is good..

And if it's bad? Then bring on the good draft picks.

Mediocrity is the worst spot to be in though. I want to be really bad or really good. In between is terrible because it keeps you chasing a carrot you will never catch.

I held out for so long Catch...one of the few on the board that would defend Garrett and the staff. But now...they lost me.