Machota on the new DC if Quinn leaves

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
This is probably our biggest concern. I expect it to be Whitt, who we don't know anything about.

Or they'll bring in some retread pal o' Mike. Anyone who is willing to come in for a one year deal will be bunk.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so.
:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously???

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't see him coming back........I can see him asking Jerry to let him out of his contract to pursue another DC job.
I truly believe it's Seattle or he is coming back. Just like MM, think Jerry allows him to finish his contract and have 1 more season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I expect Quinn to leave and Belichick to be the new coordinator.
LOL.....you have no boundaries (lol) but the thought isn't as crazy as it seems.
I mean if Belichick works his magic as our DC .......he will still have tons of offers in 2025.