Machota on the new DC if Quinn leaves

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.
I don’t always agree with you, but I do respect you. Grudges are for children.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still believe he lands the Seattle job.
Was it the players, or was it him? The only thing I think he did was bring a strong strong safety group. I imagine a lot would’ve been different if we had to middle linebackers not get hurt.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
LOL.....you have no boundaries (lol) but the thought isn't as crazy as it seems.
I mean if Belichick works his magic as our DC .......he will still have tons of offers in 2025.
Atlanta seems to be the only one pursuing him as it appears his agent is trying to drum up interest.

Majic

Reaction score
I don’t think Quinn was the problem. I think the injuries to Overshown, and LVE really hurt this defense. He was playing with a 215lb LB out of necessity not want.
His whole scheme is not conducive to success in the play-offs

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dom Capers still above ground? Maybe Jerry will call " A Place For Dad" and see if he can talk the assisted living folks into giving Dom a weekend pass to come coach the D. Thats a MM guy.

LysleE

Reaction score
Jerry want to keep the existing staff in their entirety; getting dominated for the first 54 minutes of a 60 minute Wildcard game where Dallas was heavily favored and their franchise QB was lucky to have thrown just 2 picks is “close” in Jerry’s mind.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Can't link it as it's a paid service but in Machota's 5 things that must change in 2024 (Run game, better Prescott in big games, improved road performance, must draft well unlike 2023 and defensive improvement) he says this about Dan Quinn's replacement should he leave.

-

The biggest uncertainty at the moment for the Cowboys is who will be calling their defense. Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is in the process of interviewing with several teams for their head coach openings. If he doesn’t get one of those jobs, will he back in Dallas for another season? Probably so. If he’s not back, who is taking over that very important position? It’s unlikely that someone in house would be next in line. It would probably go to a coach with previous NFL head coaching experience.

-

No in house. Someone with prior head coaching experience. Which would mean more of a scheme change than if they elevated Nit Whitt Jr.
I would give you like. But I just don't care anymore. The Cowboys are Trash just like their QB

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t think Quinn was the problem. I think the injuries to Overshown, and LVE really hurt this defense. He was playing with a 215lb LB out of necessity not want.
Come on man. Yes he was terrible. Overshown was a rookie, so we have no clue how much, if any, he would have helped us. LVE wasn't great either, even when healthy. Lets stop the excuses for bad coaching. I am praying DQ leaves and then we hire the right guy as DC. Then we gotta draft well. Micah needs to be moved back to linebacker, that much is clear. Hes better there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry want to keep the existing staff in their entirety; getting dominated for the first 54 minutes of a 60 minute Wildcard game where Dallas was heavily favored and their franchise QB was lucky to have thrown just 2 picks is “close” in Jerry’s mind.
its the echo chamber of yes men he has surrounded himself with.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I truly believe it's Seattle or he is coming back. Just like MM, think Jerry allows him to finish his contract and have 1 more season.
I don't he wanna come back.....more jiob security as a DC with one of the new HC. Not to mention he was forced to work with a few missing pieces. Now he's the scapegoat......

raven55

Reaction score
just remember that old movie GROUNDHOG DAY NEXT YEAR. more of the same bs bs bs draft then more bs bs and ( dak will throw very few interceptions maybe during the regular season) then HERE WE GO playoff bust just saying