Mad Dog - "You can't tell me he (Prescott) is a Top 10 QB". Booger McFarland disagrees

phildadon86

Reaction score
There has been no better opportunity to win it all than there actually was in Dak's rookie season.

There has just been opportunities lost, so many injuries to key position through the seasons, poor coaching, just about all the bad things that can happen. Still, I can't let Dak off as much as I would love to.

Even though Dak is my guy, the great quarterbacks win playoff games. They just find a way. And, yeah, I'm jealous of the young quarterbacks in the NFL today that have done that, guys like Burrow and Mahomes,

It's all about the playoffs.

The Cowboys have been so irrelevant in the postseason that many fans may not realize just how low the standard has fallen.
That Green Bay loss was not on Dak. At all.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak is not elite he is a tier 3 Qb like Cousins

Dak is not a bad QB he has moments where he plays pretty well but they usually are against bad teams.

Dak is terribly inconsistent against the better teams making him incapable of leading the team thru the playoffs and beating multiple good teams. Not capable of winning a SB.

Dak needs the team to carry him just to get a playoff win. Just like another tier 3 QB named Jimmy G.

Dak is top 3 QB against bad teams and a 18 to 23 ranked QB against good teams.

He is way overpaid and should be paid more like a QB ranked 15 in the league.

Flamma

Reaction score

Dak is not a bad QB he has moments where he plays pretty well but they usually are against bad teams.

Dak is terribly inconsistent against the better teams making him incapable of leading the team thru the playoffs and beating multiple good teams. Not capable of winning a SB.

Dak needs the team to carry him just to get a playoff win. Just like another tier 3 QB named Jimmy G.

I agree with this take, but you're forgetting one thing. When your opponent has a better roster, it affects every player. That includes the QB. If Foles, Goff, and Garoppolo can get to the SB, so can Dak. You just have to put that team around him. He's not going to be like John Elway and take 3 trash Broncos teams to the Super Bowl like he did in the 80s. People criticized Elway back then too. Anyone watching the game back then could see those Broncos teams never stood a chance.

Today's game is different as there isn't as wide of a gap between teams like there used to be. So I understand a lot of the blame going to the QB. But rosters do matter. Otherwise it would be Green Bay and the Rams in last year's championship game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The other common is this team hasn't had a QB who can win big games since Aikman. Some people say Daks a bus driver and I disagree. He is worse because you get highs and lows extremes and the lows come when you really need that 3rd down conversion. You know something is wrong when Dak has a better chance of throwing a TD pass from the 50 yard line than the 10 yard line.

The Red Zone is the MOON for Dak and verifies all his shortcomings as a QB.
You can see how uneasy and panicked he is and is looking to run it in like he did in college or throw the check down to Zeke.
Field goal anyone????:rolleyes:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So now Nick Foles Jimmy G, Tannenhill, Ryan, Goff, Newton and Flacco are top 10 quarterbacks? :laugh::omg: Damn what is going on with this site? We have to start banning people for such moronic thoughts.
You said when talking about Dak, and I quote directly from your post:

"Which is odd because I can't think of 10 QB's who have won more playoff games than him" - TheMarathonContinues

You really thought there wasn't 10 QBs in the NFL currently that had lead their teams to more playoff wins than Dak, didn't you? You said that with such confidence too. Then I named off 14 for you and you come back acting like I said they were top 10. You fool nobody. You only make yourself look foolish just like you did in the now deleted post from 2 days ago that showed you getting schooled over a year ago for a horrible take. You are not good at this football stuff! Just stick to being a Dak homer, because your football knowledge clearly doesn't go any further than that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We come here to chill, laugh, cry, disagree, keep up to date, and even argue a little bit now and then.
After 27 years have you learned nothing about this clown show we love and support????
Getting emotional over a player who quite frankly has done pretty much 0 on the Glory front is eccentric and odd at best for any true blue Cowboy fan.
Now if you know Dak personally then your reactions might be excused but I highly doubt that.
We are one big happy Cowboy family so chill man and trust me you will feel a lot better about your daily presence here!
Pappy, You're trying to talk sense into to a kid that's truly believes that he has single handedly cause fans to turn against Jerry.

We are not dealing with normal delusion here. This is delusion on a different scale.

Normally, I would say that we should not allow this to happen and should be stern with him and not feed into his delusions, but I believe the best course of acting is to completely ignore him and let him believe he is doing some kind of heroic work. He is clearly too far gone off the deep in to help at this point. We can only hope that some professor or something stumbles across this and uses it for a course in a psychology class. Maybe at least something good will come out of it.

75boyz

Reaction score
I agree with this take, but you're forgetting one thing. When your opponent has a better roster, it affects every player. That includes the QB. If Foles, Goff, and Garoppolo can get to the SB, so can Dak. You just have to put that team around him. He's not going to be like John Elway and take 3 trash Broncos teams to the Super Bowl like he did in the 80s. People criticized Elway back then too. Anyone watching the game back then could see those Broncos teams never stood a chance.

Today's game is different as there isn't as wide of a gap between teams like there used to be. So I understand a lot of the blame going to the QB. But rosters do matter. Otherwise it would be Green Bay and the Rams in last year's championship game.

True but not all the playoff teams had a 4000 yd passer, 1000 yd WR, 1000 yd RB, 10 plus INT defender and 10 plus sack defender.
And that's not forgetting the #2 ranked Offensive Coordinator, #2 ranked Defensiive Coordinator and what was it #6 ranked offensive line?
So surely, the guy who touches every snap of the ball,
with this much team support, can be expected to lead this type of team to at least ONE playoff win.
I dont think thats asking too much based on the 75 million he received in order to do so. REGARDLESS if 66 of it were signing bonus.

But hey, jmo.

Everybody's got em.

Flamma

Reaction score
True but not all the playoff teams had a 4000 yd passer, 1000 yd WR, 1000 yd RB, 10 plus INT defender and 10 plus sack defender.
And that's not forgetting the #2 ranked Offensive Coordinator, #2 ranked Defensiive Coordinator and what was it #6 ranked offensive line?
with this much team support, can be expected to lead this type of team to at least ONE playoff win.
I dont think thats asking too much based on the 75 million he received in order to do so. REGARDLESS if 66 of it were signing bonus.

But hey, jmo.

Everybody's got em.

Back in the 70s and 80s when statistics weren't readily available, no one would dig all of that up. They would go into the game assuming the 49ers were going to win. Just based on what they saw during the season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Back in the 70s and 80s when statistics weren't readily available, no one would dig all of that up. They would go into the game assuming the 49ers were going to win. Just based on what they saw during the season.
Most sound analyst and experts were picking 49ers. And it had very little to do with either QB.

Instead it was based on matchups in which we couldn’t stop their running game and or stop their pass rush. Which both proved out. In the end we only had a shot which fell short because of our QB.

This Cowboys team could certainly use an Elite QB. Everyone would love to have one . But it’s not our greatest weakness. This doesn’t mean our QB doesn’t have weaknesses and concerns which have been well documented . But it’s not the sole cause for this team having more success .

NotForLong

Reaction score

Perfect assessment

phildadon86

Reaction score

But hey, jmo.

Everybody's got em.
No QB is overcoming 14 penalties. Dak made throws in that game that should have been first downs however when you’re constantly at 1st and 20 you’re already starting behind the 8 ball. Eventually that whole “refs are screwing us” starts seeping into the players minds and they give up. Just my 2 cents

NotForLong

Reaction score
Most sound analyst and experts were picking 49ers. And it had very little to do with either QB.

Instead it was based on matchups in which we couldn’t stop their running game and or stop their pass rush. Which both proved out. In the end we only had a shot which fell short because of our QB.

This Cowboys team could certainly use an Elite QB. Everyone would love to have one . But it’s not our greatest weakness. This doesn’t mean our QB doesn’t have weaknesses and concerns which have been well documented . But it’s not the sole cause for this team having more success .
Cowboys don't need an Elite QB . . . Just one that doesn't choke and suck Against Quality competition

Not an all star Elite QB every time . . . just one who is not a fraud. . . . A QB that can compete with the Big Boys . . .

But that's not what the Cowboys have so its a Mute point . . . All I get to watch is the Dak Soap opera . . . I can't wait for the new season to start . . . Last season ended on a Cliff Hanger . . . They even killed off one of the Major Characters for the Drama Queen.

No Gallup . . . No Coop . . . How long until the Media turns on Dak and He simply implodes . . . Its gonna be a sight to see

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys don't need an Elite QB . . . Just one that doesn't choke and suck Against Quality competition

Not an all star Elite QB every time . . . just one who is not a fraud. . . . A QB that can compete with the Big Boys . . .

But that's not what the Cowboys have so its a Mute point . . . All I get to watch is the Dak Soap opera . . . I can't wait for the new season to start . . . Last season ended on a Cliff Hanger . . . They even killed off one of the Major Characters for the Drama Queen.

No Gallup . . . No Coop . . . How long until the Media turns on Dak and He simply implodes . . . Its gonna be a sight to see
They're already turning.

Less and less have him as a top 10 QB, and those that still do have him around the 8-10 spot and I predict that by midseason nobody except a few homer holdouts will think of him as a top 10 QB.