Mad Dog - "You can't tell me he (Prescott) is a Top 10 QB". Booger McFarland disagrees

Flamma

Reaction score
Most sound analyst and experts were picking 49ers. And it had very little to do with either QB.

Instead it was based on matchups in which we couldn’t stop their running game and or stop their pass rush. Which both proved out. In the end we only had a shot which fell short because of our QB.

This Cowboys team could certainly use an Elite QB. Everyone would love to have one . But it’s not our greatest weakness. This doesn’t mean our QB doesn’t have weaknesses and concerns which have been well documented . But it’s not the sole cause for this team having more success .

I agree with you for the most part. I just don't agree that we fell short because of our QB. He may have been part of the reason, but at the end the only reason we were in it is because of a stupid pick thrown by Garoppolo. Otherwise we're not in that game.

You don't have to be an analyst to see the Cowboys weren't all that good by the end of the season. We couldn't stop the Eagles backups from running it down our throat.

Sydla

Reaction score
You fellas really should go back and review the context that comment was made in. It seems you both completely missed the point.

No, I think you are missing the point. Mountaineer is basically trying to discredit my point here by saying I must agree that Dak is really good because I didn't pop into the Stephen A Smith thread about how good Dak is and call him a boob too. Since I am only criticizing Mad Dog as a putz and didn't criticize Stephen A when he argued Dak is good, I must therefore be a Dak apologist.

Let's make this simple. Using Mad Dog as part of your support for why Dak isn't all that good is stupid. Using Stephen A as part of your support as to why you think Dak is really good is also stupid. These guys don't know football. They are loudmouthed pundits.

Flamma

Reaction score
So, you believe that QB is our only weakness? We were an Elite QB away from a championship?

You didn’t have any concerns about 14 penalties , a rush defense which couldn’t stop the run and an OL which could stop their rush. No other contributing factors ? It’s all about our QB??

Don't even bother. How many years did we see this with Romo? You want to compete? Put the team around the QB.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He didn't need to overcome 14 penalties. Overcoming just one or two on a single drive could have changed the outcome.

A holding call is a death penalty with this team. They'd be better off to run the old quick kick on first and twenty.
A holding call has been a death sentence for this team for years.
You can’t hold the QB accountable when he’s making the plays he needs to make and they keep being called back though. Let’s be real here. Put your hatred aside for a second. I’ve seen mahomes Brady Rodgers and all the best not dig their teams out of 1st and 20s. It happens. And no I’m not comparing them I’m just saying it happens. We had the ball with a chance to do something and didn’t. The mental makeup of this team is soft and has been since Switzer took over.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He didn't need to overcome 14 penalties. Overcoming just one or two on a single drive could have changed the outcome.

A holding call is a death penalty with this team. They'd be better off to run the old quick kick on first and twenty.

You mean like the one where he converted 3rd and 25 after we got a hold and a false start on it? I think the Cowboys ended up scoring on that drive.. but I'll leave it to you to go back and watch and report back.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You mean like the one where he converted 3rd and 25 after we got a hold and a false start on it? I think the Cowboys ended up scoring on that drive.. but I'll leave it to you to go back and watch and report back.

My bad it was 2nd and 25 after a sack and a penalty.. Dak to Wilson for 24, Zeke for 4 and a first down. The Cowboys would eventually kick a FG to make it 23-10.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Defense and or Elite QB’s wins championships . In our gloried championship eras we had both.

Until this Cowboys franchise takes these two areas more serious we will not be playing in February.

Unfortunately looks like this dysfunctional ownership is all in on Dak. Our only hope is to build a championship caliber defense. As history as illustrated less than Elite to average QB can be carried by a top defense.

But to hold our QB totally responsible for our lack of success with so many other contributing factors blatantly visible is agenda driven or simply lazy analysis. Which is often depicted by national media and trolls . Or what some have called highlight fans .lol
You are out your mind with your assessment . . You are the one with an Agenda. . .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are out your mind with your assessment . . You are the one with an Agenda. . .
Of course. You have no response . All that’s left now is personal insults.

My agenda is exposing trolls and those who only hold our QB responsible for our lack of success.

Last edited:

Redline360

Reaction score
See my problem with Dak.

Was handed a cadillac of an offensive team especially with the Coop signing. In his first couple years he was expected to be a bus driver but transition himself into taking over the offense and having it go through him. First couple years he improved and was looking like he was on the right path however that's not the case anymore. Can we still win a superbowl with him? Sure but it's not going to because of him

Dak is simply the product of the environment around him. Hasnt shown the ability to take over games when needed and honestly have little faith in him in the big moments now.

With all this talent, his "stats" , and number one offense damn near everyone ranks him in the 8-12 range. Which says alot

He is essentially Cousins 2.0

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Exactly that's your agenda . . . I just watch Cowboy Games and Comment on what I see
Notice he forgot to include "expose homers" too right?

He slips up sometimes and forgets that he's supposed to be a fence sitter fighting the extremes on both sides. Every now and then he slips up and exposes himself as just another Dak homer.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This team has constantly build a defense with quick, finesse type defensive lineman. Those type of DL"s are notoriously bad at stopping the run. Plus they haven't drafted a safety in the early rounds since Roy Williams. We got lucky last year with a 7th round draft pick, on his 4th team, in Jayron Kearse. But I can't think of a defense that puts jags at both safety spots that end up being a good defense. So when we spend most of our cap on the offensive side of the ball and run into a good defense...we automatically lose. The offense and our QB are good but not great.

The difference between Peyton Manning's and Tom Brady's careers is...Tom Brady always had a top notch defense. The Colts always struggled to beat those guys. So when I look at this teams lack of playoff success I'm not blaming Romo or Dak for that. I'm blaming the front office for not seeing the big picture.

Imagine a guy blaming Dak for losing against the Rams, when the Rams ran for over 200 yards against us. That guy would not be taken seriously. SF has a good defense that slowed down our offense, but their jag offense ran the ball against us like it was nothing. Complete teams win championship. Balanced teams win championship. So why is this team not a complete team or a balanced team?

Defense...defense...defense. This team doesn't have a QB problem it has a front office problem. This team has done nothing in 26 years. Yet Dak and Romo only account for about 17 of those 26 years. Consequently this front office has been over building the offense while starving the defense since 2006.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Of course. You have no response . All that’s left now is personal insults.

My agenda is exposing trolls and those who only hold our QB responsible for our lack of success.

You shouldn't equate criticism of the QB as, "our QB [is only] responsible for our lack of success." You're creating a strawman and acting like you're crushing an argument. Who has said Dak is the only reason they haven't succeeded?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So I guess you aren’t pretending….you really listed a top 10 with Nick Foles in it. I can’t….:facepalm:
You're trying to change the narrative after I embarrassed you because, as you are known to do, you tried to act like you know something and spoke up. You thought you made a realllll good point.

It's your own fault.

That name change didn't save you from having an entire thread dedicated to your lack of knowledge a couple days ago. We don't forget.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See my problem with Dak.

Was handed a cadillac of an offensive team especially with the Coop signing. In his first couple years he was expected to be a bus driver but transition himself into taking over the offense and having it go through him. First couple years he improved and was looking like he was on the right path however that's not the case anymore. Can we still win a superbowl with him? Sure but it's not going to because of him

Dak is simply the product of the environment around him. Hasnt shown the ability to take over games when needed and honestly have little faith in him in the big moments now.

With all this talent, his "stats" , and number one offense damn near everyone ranks him in the 8-12 range. Which says alot

He is essentially Cousins 2.0
Product of what environment? The one that won 4 games before he got there? They were 4-12 prior to him coming to Dallas….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're trying to change the narrative after I embarrassed you because, as you are known to do, you tried to act like you know something and spoke up. You thought you made a realllll good point.

It's your own fault.

That name change didn't save you from having an entire thread dedicated to your lack of knowledge a couple days ago. We don't forget.
The fact you think you can embarrass anyone is embarrassing in itself lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It's your own fault.

Who is “we”? Lame lol…

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So I guess you aren’t pretending….you really listed a top 10 with Nick Foles in it. I can’t….:facepalm:
"Which is odd because I can't think of 10 QB's who have won more playoff games than him" - TheMarathonContinues

Foles is in the top 10 of what you clearly have zero knowledge about and have even less shame in exposing that lack of knowledge for all to see.

Active NFL QBs ranked in terms of leading their teams to playoff wins:

1 Tom Brady - 35
2 Aaron Rodgers - 12
3 Joe Flacco - 10
4 Russell Wilson - 9
5. Mahomes - 8
6 Jiummy G - 4
7. FOLES - 4

OWNED.