Twitter: Mahomes extension underway

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If Dak want Mahomes money win a SB. I still offer him the 35. If anything Watson contract may reset the market for him.
I have no clue how Mahomes or Watson set anything for Dak.

Houston has nowhere near the talent Dallas has for Dak.

Mahomes is light years better than Dak ever will be.

Dak would have to have a football reinvention to match either QB.

So that just lowers his value, not raise it.

People are so crazy to me. Not everybody's that way, but still.

lostar2009

Reaction score

I compare Watson more to Dak. But i believe Watson is a better thrower of the ball.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Some people have this stupid idea of next man up sets the market. If this was really true why didn't Tannehill, Wentz or Goff get more than Wilson.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Watson doesn't have the running game or offensive line Dallas has. You put Watson on the Cowboys with this supporting cast and we would all be wearing hats saying Dallas Cowboys SB champions.
Probably the best comparison I have seen, Dak is a poor mans Watson, but just barely.
Watson, Wilson, both so much better.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I agree with Mahomes but Watson isn't way much better than Dak. At the very least they are even but Watson has enjoyed having a top 3 receiver and a very good defense. This year will show what Watson can do without Hopkins and we also get to see if Cobb has a better season then last year with Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
50 million and worth every penny
The real question is, and will be,, which franchise first steps up to correct the run away franchise QB price?
If you are so lucky, fortunate to have a Mahomes as your QB, than you set the market, he is the best QB in the league, hands down.
The burden is on teams like the Cowboys with QBs like Dak, with pending contracts.
Huge margin when comparing talent.
Small margin when comparing contracts.
That's the issue for an FO when you have to construct a team to compete in a league in which every team is held to the same Cap standards.
That's why I SMH at those that are willing to pay anything because they just want a deal in place for a starting QB.
Dak is a starting QB in this league... should he be the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.. is that the level we are at now?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hopefully he just accepts the 35 million. Give him good guaranteed money and let’s get to camp and get better this year. With a better ST that helps us start drives past our 20 or 25 yard line we will have more success. Maybe a punt returner that gets us some yards and a kicker that don’t miss half the time. That will help us put points on the board. A Defense that stops some teams and don’t give up 3rd and longs and stay on the field. That alone drive me nuts. But put that stuff together and Dak will be just fine...

Darkhound

Reaction score
Dak is an ABSOLUTE idiot if he wants to compare himself to Mahomes, he is deslusional and just simply stupid

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Some people have this stupid idea of next man up sets the market. If this was really true why didn't Tannehill, Wentz or Goff get more than Wilson.
Becuz their owner is not using their QB signing to get more buzz.

Jerrah wants this to last to keep the team in the headlines during this pandemic where nothing football is in the news.

That might be far fetched to some. But Jerrah is the modern Ringling Bros of football.

This will end come July 15. Dalton will be starting and Dak will remain a hold out.

Its coming.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Watson doesn't have the running game or offensive line Dallas has. You put Watson on the Cowboys with this supporting cast and we would all be wearing hats saying Dallas Cowboys SB champions.
No question here.

Every year with Dak we have to specifically work on some aspect of his game he needs to improve to get him to the next level.

It's fine if you are planning to take 7 years to groom him.

But most of our cap is set to win now.

Watson would go off like a Roman Candle in Dallas under McCarthy. Big Mike would quickly think him and Rodgers in GB was just a nightmare.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Becuz their owner is not using their QB signing to get more buzz.

Jerrah wants this to last to keep the team in the headlines during this pandemic where nothing football is in the news.

That might be far fetched to some. But Jerrah is the modern Ringling Bros of football.

This will end come July 15. Dalton will be starting and Dak will remain a hold out.

Its coming.
You think so. I think JJ is for sure dragging it out.

I think the guaranteed money is all that’s left. JJ will throw a couple million more on the pile and the deal will be done. On or around 15th. It will be a big signing at the star or the ranch. Maybe even in the yacht.

Only other scenario is that he signs his tag and shows up. No way he is gonna give Dalton a chance to start or give MM a reason to be mad at him and want to start Dalton.

If his agent tells him to hold out when camps start then he is destroying Daks career. He already has him losing money after not negotiation a deal last year. If he pulls a Elliot then he may not be playing this year.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You think so. I think JJ is for sure dragging it out.

I think the guaranteed money is all that’s left. JJ will throw a couple million more on the pile and the deal will be done. On or around 15th. It will be a big signing at the star or the ranch. Maybe even in the yacht.

Only other scenario is that he signs his tag and shows up. No way he is gonna give Dalton a chance to start or give MM a reason to be mad at him and want to start Dalton.

If his agent tells him to hold out when camps start then he is destroying Daks career. He already has him losing money after not negotiation a deal last year. If he pulls a Elliot then he may not be playing this year.
All true.

But apparently what we never knew before but know now..

Dak is a drama queen.

He likes to have controversy.

His dinner party shows this.

His practicing despite laws against doing so make it obvious.

He does not wear a mask.

People have to look at reality.

Dak is not the leader we hoped he would be.

He is more of a rebel if you ask me.

:thumbdown:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The real question is, and will be,, which franchise first steps up to correct the run away franchise QB price?
If you are so lucky, fortunate to have a Mahomes as your QB, than you set the market, he is the best QB in the league, hands down.
The burden is on teams like the Cowboys with QBs like Dak, with pending contracts.
Huge margin when comparing talent.
Small margin when comparing contracts.
That's the issue for an FO when you have to construct a team to compete in a league in which every team is held to the same Cap standards.
That's why I SMH at those that are willing to pay anything because they just want a deal in place for a starting QB.
Dak is a starting QB in this league... should he be the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.. is that the level we are at now?
Hey pard..

I agree.

If the HC and the staff are good enough, then the QBs are a bit interchangeable. A good system will make a lesser QB a better QB.

This is where Dalton is a wildcard.

My suspicion is than being out of Cincy will be like fertilizing a flowering plant.

Boom. Flower everywhere.

He has been injury free all of his career and should have tons of experience from the AFC.

The AFC is way more wide open than the NFC tends to be. The championship teams there know how to score AND play defense.

Having Dalton is a big advantage over a middling Dak who is up and down now ever since 2016.

Experience at this level is more desirable than potential.

Just my thoughts.

glimmerman

Reaction score
All true.

But apparently what we never knew before but know now..

Dak is a drama queen.

He likes to have controversy.

His dinner party shows this.

His practicing despite laws against doing so make it obvious.

He does not wear a mask.

People have to look at reality.

Dak is not the leader we hoped he would be.

He is more of a rebel if you ask me.

:thumbdown:
I am not defending him.

He has made some not so smart choices. I heard he said he didn’t have more than 10 people at the party but I think it was total lock down in Texas at the time.

He is letting his agent handle the business. But I lost a little respect for him when he said there should be plenty of money for everyone to get paid. He should have kept his mouth shut.

We all saw what Elliot did. If he choses that path then it’s a very bad look for a QB as a leader. And on the field I think he is a good leader.

He has to learn to be a leader off the field as well. Your looking at kids about to be paid millions of dollars and they have agents that are telling them how to handle themselves.

I think most of the player understand what he is doing. They all have to go through it at some point. The better you are the harder you have to negotiate.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I am not defending him.

He has made some not so smart choices. I heard he said he didn’t have more than 10 people at the party but I think it was total lock down in Texas at the time.

He is letting his agent handle the business. But I lost a little respect for him when he said there should be plenty of money for everyone to get paid. He should have kept his mouth shut.

We all saw what Elliot did. If he choses that path then it’s a very bad look for a QB as a leader. And on the field I think he is a good leader.

He has to learn to be a leader off the field as well. Your looking at kids about to be paid millions of dollars and they have agents that are telling them how to handle themselves.

I think most of the player understand what he is doing. They all have to go through it at some point. The better you are the harder you have to negotiate.
oh tay.

Dak reminds me of this guy.

He tries to come off as serious but he is just too funny.

I laugh at Dak anymore.

Last edited: