Mahomes passes protocol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

A tweaked nerve in his neck was never reported on NFL network. That’s where I get my NFL news. They interviewed him and he never mentioned anything about a tweaked nerve in his neck. He was visibly woozy when he left the field after having his head/face slammed into the turf.

ghst187

Reaction score
If it were Dak and we were in the playoffs, Goodell would get involved and say Dak has to sit a week.
Of course in the first scenario, we’d wake up because we were dreaming.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why do people actually think he had an actual concussion? He didn't. It looked like it in real time but watch the replay. He never hit his head. His neck was twisted around. He was put in the protocol but he never actually had a concussion.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
A tweaked nerve in his neck was never reported on NFL network. That’s where I get my NFL news. They interviewed him and he never mentioned anything about a tweaked nerve in his neck. He was visibly woozy when he left the field after having his head/face slammed into the turf.

His head never hit the ground.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

His head came in contact with the ground but most of the impact was on the ball. Check out my previous post with the video. The defender hit his shoulder pad as he was going down so the injury occurred when his head was slammed into the ball and ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why do people actually think he had an actual concussion? He didn't. It looked like it in real time but watch the replay. He never hit his head. His neck was twisted around. He was put in the protocol but he never actually had a concussion.

He was dizzy and his eyes were glazed over watch the video I posted. His face/head got slammed into the football which was on the ground. Had the ball not been in front of his face he would’ve had a facemask full of dirt.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree! People are coming up with these ridiculous conspiracies when Reid said he was already feeling normal when he ran up the tunnel. They said when he was grabbed by the back of the neck it made him dizzy. He went through what they said was a protocol but almost all people said he had no symptoms Monday. Basically he didn’t have a true concussion. He was loopy so was put in the protocol. Reid isn’t full of bs and said doctors would decide

I don't know about any conspiracy, but besides drugs, alcohol, or a significant hit to the head, what makes you loopy? And in this specific case, what can make you loopy in about 1-2 seconds? A head injury. To watch him after the play and say he didn't have a head injury would be the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy. This guy explains it pretty well.

(7976) Patrick Mahomes CLEARED!? Doctor Reacts to A Week Full of Controversy and Unknowns in the NFL - YouTube

Oh yeah. Count me in as one of the people that thinks there was no chance in hell he wasn't clearing protocol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a bunch of new reports saying it was a nerve in his neck that caused him to go out.
There is a nerve cyatic [sp?] nerve, it is the nerve that a karate chop is supposed to hit, and it knocks a person out. That is a real deal, I always thought
that was just movie bs , but it can be done.
There is also the carotid artery , if that is hit or squeezed down long enough person will go out.
A blow to the neck can collapse that artery and sometimes it stays closed long enough to cause damage or kill the person.

I saw a vid about the wash fan who hit the cowboys fan in the neck, and that guy went out, and wound up dying. partly because no one knew
it was collapsed, probably a simple massage of that area gets blood flowing again, but no one knew what the deal was.

From what I saw, the guy had mahomes neck, so it could be that he was put out in similar fashion by having his blood flow to brain cut off.
You see guys do it in movies, grab the neck and squeeze till they go out.

But all that said, sure NFL wants mahomes in champ game, ratings are important to them, and sure he wants to play as well.
Being the darling of the NFL will get him in the game lol even if this had been a concussion.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don't know about any conspiracy, but besides drugs, alcohol, or a significant hit to the head, what makes you loopy? And in this specific case, what can make you loopy in about 1-2 seconds? A head injury. To watch him after the play and say he didn't have a head injury would be the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy. This guy explains it pretty well.

(7976) Patrick Mahomes CLEARED!? Doctor Reacts to A Week Full of Controversy and Unknowns in the NFL - YouTube

Oh yeah. Count me in as one of the people that thinks there was no chance in hell he wasn't clearing protocol.

That made no sense. You don’t have to have an “injury” to get dizzy. Kids spin in a circle and get dizzy. My point, which you skipped, and that was talked about was the compression in his neck. He passed protocol on game day! He ran up the the tunnel with no symptoms. Do you think he could go from not being able to stand to sprinting up a tunnel with a major head injury? That is why people are going on conspiracy. He didn’t have a major head injury

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/patrick-mahomes-gets-good-news

According to Carrington Harrison of 610 SportsKC in Kansas City, Mahomes passed a concussion test after the game.

"Patrick passed all of his tests last night," a source told Harrison. "He didn’t actually hit his head, there was a nerve in his neck that got tweaked that made him out of it. He’s getting testing done on his neck/nerve today but did clear all tests last night.”

I’ve actually had a similar deal where I injured a neck nerve working out snd was dizzy and nauseous for a day. Your 3 ONLY ways to get loopy are your made up, unqualified ways. Your not a doctor and have zero clue. So basically the tin foil is in the other foot.

Do people really think doctors are going to put their careers on the line to pass a guy because they want the Chiefs? Ignorant. Reid said he would go with what the doctors told him. Mahomes has practiced 3 days. Is he faking his way through 3 practices? This is the same crowd that thinks refs screw us every game, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Dr: What day is it?
Patrick: Potatoe
Dr: What year where you born?
Patrick: Wednesday
Dr: How many fingers am I holding up?
Patrick: Green
Dr: You know, in my professional opinion, the NFL has informed me he’s good to go.

Last edited:

csirl

Reaction score
Shocked at this. In most sports a suspected concussion means no serious activity for a min. of 14 days and no game for a min. of 21 days, even if no symptoms other than the momentary ones experienced on the day. Mahomes was visibly woozy on the day so he did have a suspected concussion.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

As for the doc video. I feel like half his reasoning is “the Chiefs never stated wherever he had a concussion or not. “ Honestly sounds like a smart man but seems to be going in circles. At the end of the video he actually debunks the “rigged” talk snd says he could pass protocol after a concussion and its normal. At the 5:30 mark

I stated before the playoffs I wanted the Bills to win it all. I don’t care if Mahomes plays. I just find his sudden lack of symptoms strange for all the explained concussion symptoms/protocol. You can’t fake not having dizziness snd running. You can’t fake headaches, being bothered by light etc while at a practice field.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
That made no sense. You don’t have to have an “injury” to get dizzy. Kids spin in a circle and get dizzy. My point, which you skipped, and that was talked about was the compression in his neck. He passed protocol on game day! He ran up the the tunnel with no symptoms. Do you think he could go from not being able to stand to sprinting up a tunnel with a major head injury? That is why people are going on conspiracy. He didn’t have a major head injury

Compression in his neck for that short of time isn't going to do it. Being spun to the ground wouldn't do it either. Might make you momentarily dizzy, but not like that. I really have no idea what effect a pinched nerve would have.

I don't know what you mean by a major head injury. Do you consider all concussions major head injuries? But I definitely saw people like Patrick need help off the field and then return to the game. Get knocked out and return to play. But that's no longer allowed. When you get a concussion you're not dizzy the entire time.

csirl

Reaction score
As for the doc video. I feel like half his reasoning is “the Chiefs never stated wherever he had a concussion or not. “ Honestly sounds like a smart man but seems to be going in circles. At the end of the video he actually debunks the “rigged” talk snd says he could pass protocol after a concussion and its normal. At the 5:30 mark

I stated before the playoffs I wanted the Bills to win it all. I don’t care if Mahomes plays. I just find his sudden lack of symptoms strange for all the explained concussion symptoms/protocol. You can’t fake not having dizziness snd running. You can’t fake headaches, being bothered by light etc while at a practice field.

There may be zero symptoms after the initial incident, but this doesnt mean the person is ready to play.

I would love to see a Mahomes v Allen game. Its the AFC match-up I wanted to see. 2 of the young guns going head to head. But I'd hate to see a player suffer further injury. The big danger with concussion is getting a second one within a short timeframe. This is what does the real damage.