Make Cooper Rush 2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There were probably 30 players that underperformed today and the problem is Kellen Moore? Who never set foot on the field?

Moore obviously wasn't the problem in today's game. However, this team made an asinine choice for their #2 QB. Rush outperformed Moore in preseason and earned the backup job, end of story. However, this team made a ridiculous choice in not giving Rush the spot that he earned. When Dak looked like he might have to leave the game hurt, the thought of Moore taking over was sickening indeed. Rush is better than Moore. Make him the backup. Wouldn't have made a difference in today's game,but it might make a difference in another one.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Moore obviously wasn't the problem in today's game. However, this team made an asinine choice for their #2 QB. Rush outperformed Moore in preseason and earned the backup job, end of story. However, this team made a ridiculous choice in not giving Rush the spot that he earned. When Dak looked like he might have to leave the game hurt, the thought of Moore taking over was sickening indeed. Rush is better than Moore. Make him the backup. Wouldn't have made a difference in today's game,but it might make a difference in another one.

Exactly. I realize there were a hundred other things that are worrisome about this game today, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who could see the season spiraling when Dak came up gingerly. Hopefully the team would eventually give Rush what he earned, but how many games would they sacrifice before that point? Best case is that Dak just doesn't get hurt, but this is the NFL.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
There were probably 30 players that underperformed today and the problem is Kellen Moore? Who never set foot on the field?
I will say this... I think the problem with carrying 3 QBs showed today.

Going w/ 6WRs and only 4 CBs was probably not the best move.

PRobably see Noah Brown inactive next week in favor of Benwickere (and/or another DB depending on injuries)

Kaiser

Reaction score
Moore obviously wasn't the problem in today's game. However, this team made an asinine choice for their #2 QB.

That's kind of like saying you had a fight with your wife, and the problem is that she burned a steak she was cooking two years ago.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
let be honest, Moore is holding a roster spot another player could be using that will help the team. The season is over, (im not saying that after 1 loss) but play the young guys, trim your roster of useless players and get the team ready for the next coach and staff.
Moore might get cut when Moore (Demontre) comes back......speaking of which is this week.

Welcome back Demontre. D Law and Demontre causing havoc on the ends......yes please

Kaiser

Reaction score
Going w/ 6WRs and only 4 CBs was probably not the best move.

Very true, but in most games team use 4 CBs. If your top CB is out and 2 of the 3 best remaining go out with injuries you are boned no matter what.

I haven't seen the snap count but Jamaal Lewis played a starters amount of snaps today in his first NFL game ever. That isn't a recipe for success.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The first thing this team needs to do is make Rush the backup. No more stupidity and love affair with Kellen Moore. I'm not saying pull the plug on Dak (maybe if he plays poorly against the Rams, I will hit the panic button), because like it or not, we are sinking or swimming with Dak this season. But when I saw Dak take that awkward hit, the 2017 season flashed before my eyes. Surely I can't be smarter than the organization. Surely they realize how horrible Moore is, and what would happen if he went in to ANY game. Meanwhile we have the upstart rookie who reminds me of a young Romo.

I don't know what we will do, after watching this game today, I only know what would happen if Moore has to go in. The team, and the fans, don't deserve that nonsense.

Not happenin as long as Linehan is offensive coordinator.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's kind of like saying you had a fight with your wife, and the problem is that she burned a steak she was cooking two years ago.

No, that's not saying that. And, frankly, that's a ridiculous comparison. What it's saying is that this team chose the wrong backup QB. It didn't affect today's game because we didn't play the backup, but it could affect another game.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I can only imagine the opinion in the locker room about this. Rush EARNED the backup slot yet it was GIFTED to Moore. This entitled mindset definately affects ANY work enviroment.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
With everything that went wrong yesterday, this guys focus is on our backup QB. Unless you're foolishly calling for Daks head after this lone game, what is the point of talking about out back up. Lol smh

Cowfan75

Reaction score
With everything that went wrong yesterday, this guys focus is on our backup QB. Unless you're foolishly calling for Daks head after this lone game, what is the point of talking about out back up. Lol smh

I already acknowledged other things happened that need to be addressed, and at no point did I call for Dak's head. It's also been explained multiple times here why I brought up the backup issue. If you actually read the posts and still don't understand, then there really isn't anything I can do for you. Best to just try another post.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Kellen Moore rode that bench so poorly that Cooper Rush needs to be promoted. Wow, if that ain't kicking the dog after a loss, I don't know what is. :lmao:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Kellen Moore rode that bench so poorly that Cooper Rush needs to be promoted. Wow, if that ain't kicking the dog after a loss, I don't know what is. :lmao:

That dog has been getting kicked since before the season started. And Moore is an insult to benches everywhere.

Satchel89

Reaction score
How the hell this is relevant whatsoever is beside me

From everything that transpired today, you want to talk about this?

Strange
The threads just continue to get worse and worse. It was a very disappointing game but the entire team played terrible. The most consistent unit that the Cowboys have which is the O-Line was as bad as I've seen them. I just don't think that happens two games in a row. Everyone has to be better but there's 14 freaking games left. Can we watch them play a few more games before we call the season a waste and cut 20 players and fire coaches.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
How the hell this is relevant whatsoever is beside me

From everything that transpired today, you want to talk about this?

Strange

It was Moore who was designing the plays on the sidelines, then handing them to Linehan.

Status
Not open for further replies.