Make Cooper Rush 2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Maybe so but it's still an over reaction.

Explain the over reaction? It wasn't a reaction to the loss, it was a reaction to Dak getting hit and coming up wincing, knowing how close we came to having Kellen Moore as our QB. It takes nothing away from the importance of "ground zero" yesterday, but it needs to be addressed. If Dak goes down....you know what...just read the above posts that have already explained this. Or don't.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This coaching staff are a bunch of Clowns. Having Moore ahead of Rush is a joke. Would it have been terrible if Dak was sat down for a series or two and let Rush try the Offense? Might have done Dak some good watching from the sideline and catching his breath.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Explain the over reaction? It wasn't a reaction to the loss, it was a reaction to Dak getting hit and coming up wincing, knowing how close we came to having Kellen Moore as our QB. It takes nothing away from the importance of "ground zero" yesterday, but it needs to be addressed. If Dak goes down....you know what...just read the above posts that have already explained this. Or don't.

Okay, I wont. :rolleyes:

How long do you think Kellen Moore will stay in the game if he is as pitful as you think? It doesn't matter if Cooper Rush is 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart. After that butt kicking you are going to nit pick about that? We have much bigger fish to fry than who is our 2nd or 3rd QB.

Cowfan75

Reaction score

How long do you think Kellen Moore will stay in the game if he is as pitful as you think? It doesn't matter if Cooper Rush is 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart. After that butt kicking you are going to nit pick about that? We have much bigger fish to fry than who is our 2nd or 3rd QB.

I think this team would sacrifice multiple games under Moore before they pull the trigger, as we have seen that in the past with bad backups, and under the explanation of "experience". Hey, if you're not worried about backup, that's good for you. Maybe I worry too much. Go fry those bigger fish.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think this team would sacrifice multiple games under Moore before they pull the trigger, as we have seen that in the past with bad backups, and under the explanation of "experience". Hey, if you're not worried about backup, that's good for you. Maybe I worry too much. Go fry those bigger fish.

Hey we are in total agreement there... you worry too much. :lmao:You are a prisoner of what your own mind "thinks". Somebody like me has got to go fry the bigger fish because people like you are too busy nit picking. Go to you corner and nit pick away. Me and the other real fans can handle the heavy lifting without you. :lmao2:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Hey we are in total agreement there... you worry too much. :lmao:You are a prisoner of what your own mind "thinks". Somebody like me has got to go fry the bigger fish because people like you are too busy nit picking. Go to you corner and nit pick away. Me and the other real fans can handle the heavy lifting without you. :lmao2:

Lol...now I'm not even a real fan?? Who let this kid in here?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking they might elevate him when they need the spot in week 5. It's possible it happens now, though.

It's most likely the spot comes from a bottom roster defender.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Who is our backup isn't the only topic, and not even the most important topic, but it is highly important. This fandom suffered through 2015 with inept backups. Rush gives us a better chance to win than Moore. Therefore, he should be our backup. There are topics more important, like how are we going to field a defense that can stop teams, but that doesn't make the backup QB topic irrelevant. It's highly relevant.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Who is our backup isn't the only topic, and not even the most important topic, but it is highly important. This fandom suffered through 2015 with inept backups. Rush gives us a better chance to win than Moore. Therefore, he should be our backup. There are topics more important, like how are we going to field a defense that can stop teams, but that doesn't make the backup QB topic irrelevant. It's highly relevant.

Yup. That was my point. But it seems talking about that position strikes a nerve with two or three folks. I've been informed things like I'm not a real fan, to I'm not a real man, lol. Who knew Moore had so many angry followers?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Yup. That was my point. But it seems talking about that position strikes a nerve with two or three folks. I've been informed things like I'm not a real fan, to I'm not a real man, lol. Who knew Moore had so many angry followers?

Yeah, it's bizarre. Tony Romo himself said an NFL team is a meritocracy. Rush earned the backup spot; Moore didn't. End of story. I want this team to do the smart thing and make Rush the #2. Could be the difference in a game on whether we win or lose. In the Denver game, it would have made no difference. We weren't going to win that game with any of our QBs. But in other close games, if Dak goes down, we want the next guy up who gives us the chance to win.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Yeah, it's bizarre. Tony Romo himself said an NFL team is a meritocracy. Rush earned the backup spot; Moore didn't. End of story. I want this team to do the smart thing and make Rush the #2. Could be the difference in a game on whether we win or lose. In the Denver game, it would have made no difference. We weren't going to win that game with any of our QBs. But in other close games, if Dak goes down, we want the next guy up who gives us the chance to win.

I agree. We were doomed against Denver, and I probably wouldn't have even thought about Moore if Dak hadn't taken that wincing shot to the knees. Knowing this team would absolutely let Moore lose a couple games before they benched him (seeing as they can't comprehend how bad he is) scares me, especially with a schedule that will probably not leave much room for error in the standings. Rush might not be Aikman (or maybe he is), but he earned the spot and performed better, as you mentioned.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you think you are more qualified to appoint whom is the QB2 than the OC... gotcha. I'm glad you can at least see that fielding a defense that can defend is more important... but this isn't rocket science so don't expect a pat on the back.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So you think you are more qualified to appoint whom is the QB2 than the OC... gotcha. I'm glad you can at least see that fielding a defense that can defend is more important... but this isn't rocket science so don't expect a pat on the back.

Come on. It' was obvious to every fan that Rush was a better QB than Moore. I guess you're saying none of us have the right to express that view. Seems pointless to have this message board in that case. What I believe:
Yes, this fan community exists so that fans can express their views.
Yes, Rush is a better QB than Moore.
Yes, I have every right to express my view that this coaching staff did Rush an injustice by not making him the backup, as does every fan here.
Yes, every fan here has the right to criticize the coaching staff instead of simply proclaiming, "They know better than we do because they're the pros."

Glad I could clear that up.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
now he's trying to spin it to make it seem like this was in reference to Dak being injured, when it never was a part of his original post. Backtracking at its finest
Only now is he trying to spin it to make it seem like this was in reference to Dak being injured, when it never was a part of his original post. Backtracking at its finest. His opening lines were about hitting the panic button if Dak struggles vs the rams and how the latter reminded him of a young Romo. No openly made statements referencing Daks injury as his talking point. Hence why no one was co signing his bs

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Come on. It' was obvious to every fan that Rush was a better QB than Moore. I guess you're saying none of us have the right to express that view. Seems pointless to have this message board in that case. What I believe:
Yes, this fan community exists so that fans can express their views.
Yes, Rush is a better QB than Moore.
Yes, I have every right to express my view that this coaching staff did Rush an injustice by not making him the backup, as does every fan here.
Yes, every fan here has the right to criticize the coaching staff instead of simply proclaiming, "They know better than we do because they're the pros."

Glad I could clear that up.
So if the views on the this board don't match yours then what's the point in having a board? Tell you what... when boosting your ego is the center of the universe, I'll come around to agreeing with you. Until then you can continue to expect to see some differing views from yours... even on this very board. I hope you can manage to man up so you can handle it... so far doesn't seem you are doing so good at that.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
now he's trying to spin it to make it seem like this was in reference to Dak being injured, when it never was a part of his original post. Backtracking at its finest

Only now is he trying to spin it to make it seem like this was in reference to Dak being injured, when it never was a part of his original post. Backtracking at its finest. His opening lines were about hitting the panic button if Dak struggles vs the rams and how the latter reminded him of a young Romo. No openly made statements referencing Daks injury as his talking point. Hence why no one was co signing his bs

And just for you, since you won't actually read my original post, opting instead to stomp your feet and insist it's not true...from my original post:
"because like it or not, we are sinking or swimming with Dak this season. But when I saw Dak take that awkward hit, the 2017 season flashed before my eyes"
Work on the trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.