Making a Mockery of the 2010 Draft

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm bored. Rip it apart if you desire.

Reminder, Denver has our 5th round pick for the Montrae Holland trade. I am not projecting we will have any Comp picks at this point.

Theory, we are only looking for two starters in 2010, WR and LT. Not a deep draft at WR, but there's a gem we might nab.

1. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State, 6'2", 210.

2. Zane Beadles, OT, Utah, 6'4", 312.

3. Boo Robinson, NT, Wake Forest, 6'2", 325.

4. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'3", 295.

6. Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA, 5'11", 185.

7. Dan Doerring, OG, Iowa, 6'6", 305.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think we'll have a shot at Dez unless i'm overrating him

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2920839 said:
I don't think we'll have a shot at Dez unless i'm overrating him

I'd trade a first,3rd and 4th to trade up and grab him. He's a complete beast and the next Andre Johnson.

I really hope we draft just 2-3 players in the 2010 draft. We went quantity over quality over last draft. We pretty much replenished youth by drafting 11 guys. Give me quality over quantity this time around. Dez Bryant,one O-lineman and one D-lineman. 3 guys.

Hodge,B-Will,Brewster,will all be basically 2010 draft picks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez Bryant is overrated up to this point in his career.

He gets shut down vs good defenses and he plays in a conference that is terrible defensively.

I like guys like Mardy Gilyard, and Damien Williams better.

But the 2 best College receivers aren't even draft eligible. Julio Jones, and AJ Green.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2923457 said:

He gets shut down vs good defenses and he plays in a conference that is terrible defensively.

But the 2 best College receivers aren't even draft eligible. Julio Jones, and AJ Green.

Just stop..Dez Bryant will be a probowler his first year in the NFL.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;2920837 said:

Reminder, Denver has our 5th round pick for the Montrae Holland trade. I am not projecting we will have any Comp picks at this point.

Theory, we are only looking for two starters in 2010, WR and LT. Not a deep draft at WR, but there's a gem we might nab.

Hos, what do you think about the Texas center, Hall? He should be available in rounds 5-7. Texas does a nice job developing OL.

BTW, I want no part of any defensive player from UCLA. The Bruins motto......Defense, what is that?

Temo

Reaction score
Biggems;2923920 said:
Hos, what do you think about the Texas center, Hall? He should be available in rounds 5-7. Texas does a nice job developing OL.

BTW, I want no part of any defensive player from UCLA. The Bruins motto......Defense, what is that?

Chris Horton would like a word with you :)

Jarrad Page is pretty decent too; Ricky Manning and Robert Thomas if you want to go back a few years.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Biggems;2923920 said:

Are you serious? Maybe you should at least make a half a$$ed attempt at a google search or watch a UCLA game before making statements that make you look uninformed.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;2920837 said:

LOVE Estes and Doerring.

My focus is OL, OL, OL......................I just hope Dallas takes the same approach.:(

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jcollins28;2947239 said:
Are you serious? Maybe you should at least make a half a$$ed attempt at a google search or watch a UCLA game before making statements that make you look uninformed.

I watch UCLA at least 3-4 times a year. Is that half-a$$ed enough for you. Maybe they actually have a player or two who can play D on an individual basis, but as a team, they have stunk it up badly over the last several years.

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2920864 said:
I'd trade a first,3rd and 4th to trade up and grab him. He's a complete beast and the next Andre Johnson.

I really hope we draft just 2-3 players in the 2010 draft. We went quantity over quality over last draft. We pretty much replenished youth by drafting 11 guys. Give me quality over quantity this time around. Dez Bryant,one O-lineman and one D-lineman. 3 guys.

Hodge,B-Will,Brewster,will all be basically 2010 draft picks.

Hate to drag up an old thread but I wasn't really here and it's relevant...if we just miss or make the playoffs Dez Bryant COULD very well fall to us...Maclin fell a bit IMO...the next Andre Johnson? Please. And you said he'd be a Pro-Bowler his rookie year, you have completely got to be kidding me...if he's playing for the cowboys and for some ridiculous reason they decide to focus the offense around him he might gain the statistics to be a pro bowler and we'll win two games or so...He's roughly as polished as Heyward-Bey IMO...He's just a shiny talent who needs a lot of work. Not that he shouldn't be a first rounder but 25-31 sounds about right. He's not a top 10er...Andre Johnson was ready day 1 and Dez Bryant is Antonio Bryant

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2923457 said:

Great call...I am absolutely over the top over Gilyard...and you could slot him, put him out wide, reverse him, punt and kick return him, whatever...he's productive. And hasn't had trouble with better competition...He's gonna be a Desean Jackson for somebody. He's a Felix Jones gamebreaker at the WR spot to me, and man are we are gonna pay if we pass that up...that's my 2 cents...I also really like Williams, but so far over the 2 USC games i've seen...he's had that nasty case of the dropsies, and if we play on holding Roy, no thanks to Damien...Gilyard's my pick, and he's starting to shoot up so we may not even get him in the first round anyway. I want Mardy Gilyard so bad!

cboyd

Reaction score
CATCH17;2923457 said:

LOL have you ever seen Dez Bryant??? Infact I will give you an example this year he scored two touchdowns vs Georgia in double or triple coverage. Unless you think SEC defense is overated. I also like Gilyard and Damien Williams but not over Bryant. You could also see that Dez is way beyond AJ Green in the Oklahoma State vs Georgia game. Infact, AJ Green was single covered by Parish Cox and still did not do much. Every one is projecting Dez at least a top 15 pick. I would love to get Dez but I dont think he will be in reach when we pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cboyd;2981413 said:
LOL have you ever seen Dez Bryant??? Infact I will give you an example this year he scored two touchdowns vs Georgia in double or triple coverage. Unless you think SEC defense is overated. I also like Gilyard and Damien Williams but not over Bryant. You could also see that Dez is way beyond AJ Green in the Oklahoma State vs Georgia game. Infact, AJ Green was single covered by Parish Cox and still did not do much. Every one is projecting Dez at least a top 15 pick. I would love to get Dez but I dont think he will be in reach when we pick.

I think that's a guy we should look into drafting

cut Ken Hamlin, move Alan Ball to FS, and Perrish can be the 4th corner/PR

cboyd

Reaction score
Parish Cox is doing a much better job as a corner than he did last year. He is more of a kick returner than a punt returner. However, he has done both. He could go up draft boards if he continues what he has been doing. The reason why he could fly up draft boards because of his measurables (6'0 200 ibs Low 4.4 speed) and is noted to have very good returning abilities and possibly having a very good senior year at corner. Now the thing with him is that he has not done very much at the corner position until this year. So I dont know if this is a one year wonder or what. So some teams may back off of him because of this. I would say that he is a boom or bust type player. Could end up in the third round.

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
cboyd;2981413 said:

CATCH17 was right, he does typically get shut down by good defense. And he had 3 catches for 77 yards...gotta give him all the credit the world for the two TDs against an SEC D. But it's not like he set the world on fire and usually doesn't against steeper competition.

cboyd

Reaction score
Benny Blue Boy;2982534 said:
CATCH17 was right, he does typically get shut down by good defense. And he had 3 catches for 77 yards...gotta give him all the credit the world for the two TDs against an SEC D. But it's not like he set the world on fire and usually doesn't against steeper competition.

Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma 2 TDs and a 2 point conversion, He set the Holiday Bowl Record with preety much at half time with 165 yards and a Touchdown vs Oregon. Oregon had several DB drafted with in the first day. He was doubled or tripled team in all of his games and he still puts up numbers like that? That is impressive. Not to mention Oklahoma State is a very balanced offense. However, Dez was the main reciever. The sad thing is that defenses knew where the ball is going to be thrown too and defenses still could not stop him.