Maliek Collins is a serious Problem

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
b6c.gif

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Collins plays all out every snap too and is considerably more talented.
Ok, so if every play he's so disruptive in the backfield...where are the sacks? If his responsibility is not against the run but instead trying to make it to the quarterback, he's really doing a piss poor job at it. The whole defense is inept - line included.

Maverick84

Reaction score
That scheme is one of the stupidest ever seen, one rush and the others don't, so wonder the cheeseheads gash them with A. Freaking Jones, who problably will not score 4 TD's the rest of the year.
will Adrian Clayborn ever get 6 sacks in a game again? no
will Aaron Jones ever get 4 touchdowns in a game again? no
will the Cowboys probably allow another record setting performance again? yes
will I break my record for most beers drank in one game because of it? yes

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wish I was tech savvy so I could post the All22 coaches film clips. But I am not. I went back to watch and concentrate on the defensive line. One thing really stood out, Maliek Collins.

He is a huge liability vs the run. It’s very evident that at the snap of the ball he is selling out and disregarding everything in order to try and get to the QB. He isn’t staying square or maintaining any gap control. Most of the opposing teams long runs this season are right through Collins gap.

He is on a contract year and it looks like he doesn’t care about anything except sacks. Someone needs to sit down with this dude and chew into his ***. In hindsight I was actually surprised by how well Covington played. He is SOUND with his gap assignment and takes on double teams pretty well. For those of you that have All22 go and watch Collins and you’ll be shocked how bad he is.
Is he being told to play that way?

Changes your perspective if he is.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Ok, so if every play he's so disruptive in the backfield...where are the sacks? If his responsibility is not against the run but instead trying to make it to the quarterback, he's really doing a piss poor job at it. The whole defense is inept - line included.

Who said he's disruptive and in the backfield every play? If that was the case he'd be making a whole hell of a lot more money. I said he plays all out every play and is more talented than Hyder.

He IS hands down our most disruptive interior presence and he IS considerably more talented than Hyder. Are you arguing he's not?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Collins plays all out every snap too and is considerably more talented.
No he doesn’t. I hate to say it. On run plays he just goes half speed. He is not giving full effort you can 100% see it on these angles available on coaches film. He is walking a lot too once the play is past him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Contract year. All he is thinking is that sacks equal a payday. He doesn’t give a crap about stopping the run or maintaining gap integrity

texbumthelife

Reaction score
No he doesn’t. I hate to say it. On run plays he just goes half speed. He is not giving full effort you can 100% see it on these angles available on coaches film. He is walking a lot too once the play is past him.

I've been watching the All-22 for years and haven't seen that. Not any more than any normal player at least. He's literally gotten in trouble for jumping on piles from behind.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is most of Marinelli's defense is calling for M.Collins to get vertical and disruptive etc. Good OC's and O-lines are exploiting Marinelli's run defense like never before since Colts/Rams last year

Exactly. They know how to exploit it and use that aggression against us. But an old dog can't learn new tricks.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I've been watching the All-22 for years and haven't seen that. Not any more than any normal player at least. He's literally gotten in trouble for jumping on piles from behind.
I’m glad you have it too. So go back to 2018 and tell me if you see our 3 tech playing like Collins is right now. I compared it and he is playing much differently. He is selling out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he being told to play that way?

Changes your perspective if he is.

This failed 'scheme' is telling the linemen to "get up the field" first and foremost, but "oh by the way, if you see a guy with the ball on the way? Tackle him!"

And people still wonder why it's failing?

But yeah, put all of this on the players too!

:facepalm:

Qcard

Reaction score
Wish I was tech savvy so I could post the All22 coaches film clips. But I am not. I went back to watch and concentrate on the defensive line. One thing really stood out, Maliek Collins.

He is a huge liability vs the run. It’s very evident that at the snap of the ball he is selling out and disregarding everything in order to try and get to the QB. He isn’t staying square or maintaining any gap control. Most of the opposing teams long runs this season are right through Collins gap.

He is on a contract year and it looks like he doesn’t care about anything except sacks. Someone needs to sit down with this dude and chew into his ***. In hindsight I was actually surprised by how well Covington played. He is SOUND with his gap assignment and takes on double teams pretty well. For those of you that have All22 go and watch Collins and you’ll be shocked how bad he is.
That's what happens when Marinelli's archaic training camp coaching style

He was Dline rushing during one on one without snap of the ball..... dumb dumb dumb, being relentless is good but it needs to be measured to read and react too

If Collins is smart he'll move on to team that has a coach who can relate to today's game and players (see Taco )