Reaction score
will Adrian Clayborn ever get 6 sacks in a game again? no
will Aaron Jones ever get 4 touchdowns in a game again? no
will the Cowboys probably allow another record setting performance again? yes
will I break my record for most beers drank in one game because of it? yes

LLLOOOLLL

Sydla

Reaction score
No he's not. He's not a 1-tech, and isn't going to eat up double teams. He's not supposed to.

He's been disruptive and in teh backfield every game.

And yet the team results? Awful.

We can't stop the run and we don't get to the QB.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Wish I was tech savvy so I could post the All22 coaches film clips. But I am not. I went back to watch and concentrate on the defensive line. One thing really stood out, Maliek Collins.

He is a huge liability vs the run. It’s very evident that at the snap of the ball he is selling out and disregarding everything in order to try and get to the QB. He isn’t staying square or maintaining any gap control. Most of the opposing teams long runs this season are right through Collins gap.

He is on a contract year and it looks like he doesn’t care about anything except sacks. Someone needs to sit down with this dude and chew into his ***. In hindsight I was actually surprised by how well Covington played. He is SOUND with his gap assignment and takes on double teams pretty well. For those of you that have All22 go and watch Collins and you’ll be shocked how bad he is.
I don’t have to watch it to believe you. I figured he’d be at his best in his contract year. Sacks get you paid. It is what it is. Maybe Woods coming back will help

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I guess our injuries were more of an issue than we first thought. Crawford woods Tyron etc.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No he isn’t at all....if he’s gone? You’re screwed,because ROD has it his job and ONLY job to rush,rush,rush all the way home little piggie for 60 minutes. They drafted Hill...and he’s not even strong enough to compete with these guys yet. They scrwed themselves,not Collins. He actually breaks up run plays in the backfield due to this,but it’s not a regular thing all game,you get tired. You must ditch this candy crap system we use. Put Collins next to a serious guy in rotations and it’s much better. He’s being used wrong...he’s the “rotational” guy in the Cowboys 90’s lineup like I he should be....they just don’t have the starters though. Thanks FO! But Rod is shaking hands over the draft table isn’t he? Well not anymore if I can help it...gosh damn drafting Taco and Hill? What in Jumpin Jehoshaphat would you sign off on that for? They needed them to be instant ready. If you’re rebuilding and a team out of it,go ahead. Not when you’re weak upfront but in contention and need impact help ASAP. Those utter bean of cheese ding dongs them....one day...one day I’d like a private informal sit down at the bar table. “Why? ...you had it in place and...Taco salad’s and Hill of beans? Why?”

pitt33

Reaction score
Been saying this for some years now. His scheme is outdated. He is terrible at evaluating player personnel. Pretty much every guy he wants, especially in the interior, turns into junk. Either they suck or he is a terrible coach. Take your pick. Either way, it is an indictment on him. I have no clue why he was able to keep his job this offseason when Linehan was fired. Both of them were dead weight. I mean we all know the main problem is Jason but if you are going to have scapegoats, at least let them both go. I am fed up with Marinelli's garbage defenses. His scheme is to play soft and let the offense dictate everything. Receivers run freely on us. We are soft up the middle. He does not value the DT and safety. His defenses in the divisional round of the playoffs have been god awful under him.
Couldn’t agree more.

If he doesn’t have pro bowlers at every level of the defense his scheme is very pedestrian.

pitt33

Reaction score
Contract year. All he is thinking is that sacks equal a payday. He doesn’t give a crap about stopping the run or maintaining gap integrity
Most of those guys are all the same. Play lights out for the big payday. Get the money and go in the tank. :cool:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
MARINELLI needs to go. Enough of his lame scheme. His lame schemes slant the DL all over the place and many times leave HUGE holes for RB's to run through. If each player stayed home they might actually defend the run fairly well. Ironic isn't it that Marinelli is TRYING to get his DL to get sacks but in reality his defense is lousy at getting sacks...
This right here. They keep slanting and the o line knows its coming. They just get easily run out of the gaps. Its 100% the scheme

Wood

Reaction score
Wish I was tech savvy so I could post the All22 coaches film clips. But I am not. I went back to watch and concentrate on the defensive line. One thing really stood out, Maliek Collins.

He is a huge liability vs the run. It’s very evident that at the snap of the ball he is selling out and disregarding everything in order to try and get to the QB. He isn’t staying square or maintaining any gap control. Most of the opposing teams long runs this season are right through Collins gap.

He is on a contract year and it looks like he doesn’t care about anything except sacks. Someone needs to sit down with this dude and chew into his ***. In hindsight I was actually surprised by how well Covington played. He is SOUND with his gap assignment and takes on double teams pretty well. For those of you that have All22 go and watch Collins and you’ll be shocked how bad he is.

entire front 7 is getting worked right now.

Proof

Reaction score
Remember when some folks wanted to extend Collins during preseason?

Good times.
For the past two years he’s been the guy I’ve anticipated making a difference the most. Shame :(

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All Packers inside running plays that gained over 5 yards:

First Quarter
2-10-DAL 18 (9:02) (Shotgun) A.Jones up the middle for 18 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

2-2-GB 42 (3:53) (Shotgun) T.Carson up the middle to GB 49 for 7 yards (D.Armstrong).

Fourth Quarter
2-7-GB 39 (6:14) A.Jones up the middle to 50 for 11 yards (L.Vander Esch).

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think that's the scheme of the defensive line coach. There's always one guy bulrushes and does everything they can to get to the quarterback. Well everybody else makes up for run support. Not working is it

Agree.

Marinelli is stubborn. Won't change for anything.