Maliek Collins signs with the Raiders

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
....and just like that Dallas has lost their #1CB, their #1 sack DE, and their #1 DT.

Tell me again all those that said the top priority was signing Dak and Cooper how Dallas will stop anyone?????
Well the good thing is those guys aren’t irreplaceable.

GMO415

Reaction score
My Reaction to losing Collins:

ESKD0UKX0AAxfAv.jpg
Add Witt too

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s crazy that we have to lock in the final 53 this week and Jerry still hasn’t signed or drafted anyone smh

It's crazy that you guys say this every year and then every season the team shows some clear flaws and either doesn't make the playoffs or spits the bit in the playoffs.

No one suggested they have to lock in the 53 today. But we know the results when we ignore FA mostly and wait for the leftover shoes that are mixed sizes go on sale next week at the shoe store.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
It's crazy that you guys say this every year and then every season the team shows some clear flaws and either doesn't make the playoffs or spits the bit in the playoffs.

No one suggested they have to lock in the 53 today. But we know the results when we ignore FA mostly and wait for the leftover shoes that are mixed sizes go on sale next week at the shoe store.

Ok well two players that signed last year and we just flipped for future draft picks - Cobb and Quinn - were not signed until March 20th and March 28th of 2019.

So I guess maybe wait until then?? We were having this exact same panic attack last year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
For how much? Possible 5th round comp pick?

Can't even guess that even when we know what how much his contract is because part of the formula is based on what free agents the Cowboys may sign. I will admit it does look promising losing Collins, Quinn and Jones. Any mid level free agent the Cowboys sign will wash out Witten.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ok well two players that signed last year and we just flipped for future draft picks - Cobb and Quinn - were not signed until March 20th and March 28th of 2019.

So I guess maybe wait until then?? We were having this exact same panic attack last year.

How'd the team do last year?

Oh that's right, a flawed team with a mediocre coach missed the playoffs again for like the 7th time in 10 years.

But yeah, good point, how we approach FA is pretty spot on.

Common Sense

Reaction score
We're going to be in something closer to a base 3-4 alignment anyway. Imagine Lawrence as one of your OLBs who plays at the line of scrimmage most of the time. That leaves Crawford for one of the 5T spots and Woods at the nose. You need another base end and a pass rusher who can cover, which isn't any worse shape than we seemingly are every single year with the front seven. Plus, you could upgrade Woods with Snacks Harrison and not lose a comp pick.