Maliek Collins Year 3

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If DT is not drafted this year as deep as this draft is, that will tell me alot about what we think of that position and don't want to hear well they covered that in FA.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
IMO Maliek is like Tank. The only thing that has really been able to slow the growth of the kid is injuries. I am expecting a break out season this year. Thoughts?
Freakin hope so. Dude shows up and plays well for about 3 or 4 games.

I like the Nebraska kid. Just wish we had some consistency.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Injuries have led to a decrease in snaps IMO due to lack of conditioning I think. Just like with it was hard for me to forget that he had a 8 sack season it is hard for me to forget that Collins had a 5 sack season.

He was almost equal in sacks per snap played in 2016 and 2018.

Including the playoffs:

Collins
2016 sacks 5
2018 sacks 4

2018 snaps played = 87% 2016 snaps played

2018 sacks = 80% 2016 sacks

87% of 5 sacks is 4.35 which is obviously not possible.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Coaches are supposed to, you know, coach? Part of that is making sure players are using the proper equipment. Players should not be expected to be experts on proper equipment. These are not teenagers buying cool shoes at the mall. These are professional athletes at the highest level, on the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

I'm fully aware of what coaches are supposed to do. You, on the other hand, are looking for an employee at Foot Locker
to coach professional athletes at the highest level... smh. Wow!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He was almost equal in sacks per snap played in 2016 and 2018.

Including the playoffs:

Collins
2016 sacks 5
2018 sacks 4

2018 snaps played = 87% 2016 snaps played

2018 sacks = 80% 2016 sacks

87% of 5 sacks is 4.35 which is obviously not possible.
Healthly going into the season snaps is what Im hoping for.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm fully aware of what coaches are supposed to do. You, on the other hand, are looking for an employee at Foot Locker
to coach professional athletes at the highest level... smh. Wow!

No, it's you who think players and employees at Foot Locker should be determining equipment fit for professional athletes.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No, it's you who think players and employees at Foot Locker should be determining equipment fit for professional athletes.

Shoes. We are talking about shoes, here.
I'm guessing Belicheck doesn't walk around the locker room
measuring players feet.

But hey, if you're just looking for things to blame on the coaching staff,
I give you credit for originality.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Shoes. We are talking about shoes, here.
I'm guessing Belicheck doesn't walk around the locker room
measuring players feet.

But hey, if you're just looking for things to blame on the coaching staff,
I give you credit for originality.

I bet Belichick does have equipment professionals handling the equipment for his team.

Especially the footballs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is much more to shoe fit than just the shoe size in regards to custom fit shoes.

Even without custom fitting, there a big variations between types/brands of shoes.

Also, cleats add additional issues because the placement of the cleats, especially the natural grass cleats, affects the weight distribution (pressure) on specific points of the foot.

A few of the parameters:
  • length (shoe size)
  • width
  • arch height
  • instep (height of the foot at the laces)
  • shape (wide toe area or narrow toe area)

This is from an article about pressure testing an NBA player with 3 different shoes.

1. The Jordan 2 had much lower pressures at the fifth metatarsal.
2. The Jordan 10 had much lower pressures at the fifth metatarsal, but for some reason, the Jordan 10s caused some dysfunction in his gait.
3. The Nike Air Max shoe increased pressures under his fifth metatarsals bilaterally and especially under the left foot.

1. Jordan 2
Williams1_1.png

2. Jordan 10
Williams2_1.png

3. Nike Air Max
Williams3.png

dimension2.png

dimension1.png

RoboQB

Reaction score
I bet Belichick does have equipment professionals handling the equipment for his team.

Especially the footballs.

Wait a sec. You blamed the coaching staff. Not the equipment guys.
Picture this, a line of athletes waiting to receive their equipment. Helmets, shoulders pads,
pant, cleats, etc. When it comes to cleats, this equipment professional says... "what size shoe do you wear?"

But I love the comment about Belicheck and footballs. I'm going back to give you a "like" for that.
We can agree to disagree, but funny is funny and it deserves to be recognized... lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
There is much more to shoe fit than just the shoe size in regards to custom fit shoes.

Even without custom fitting, there a big variations between types/brands of shoes.

Also, cleats add additional issues because the placement of the cleats, especially the natural grass cleats, affects the weight distribution (pressure) on specific points of the foot.

A few of the parameters:
  • length (shoe size)
  • width
  • arch height
  • instep (height of the foot at the laces)
  • shape (wide toe area or narrow toe area)

This is from an article about pressure testing an NBA player with 3 different shoes.

1. The Jordan 2 had much lower pressures at the fifth metatarsal.
2. The Jordan 10 had much lower pressures at the fifth metatarsal, but for some reason, the Jordan 10s caused some dysfunction in his gait.
3. The Nike Air Max shoe increased pressures under his fifth metatarsals bilaterally and especially under the left foot.

1. Jordan 2
Williams1_1.png

2. Jordan 10
Williams2_1.png

3. Nike Air Max
Williams3.png

dimension2.png

dimension1.png

I like Nike, but can't wear them. Way too narrow for me. I've got Fred Flintstone feet and
I'm not famous enough for the custom shoe contract.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft a DT with the first pick and put some pressure on him. No assurance one player makes the move in his 3rd year that another made. And no assurance Collins can stay healthy.

conner01

Reaction score
When healthy he’s a solid player but foot issues are hard on a DT
Hopefully he’s healthy this year

conner01

Reaction score
Draft a DT with the first pick and put some pressure on him. No assurance one player makes the move in his 3rd year that another made. And no assurance Collins can stay healthy.
I’m hoping a DT worth taking is there but I’m not optimistic
I think the quality is gonna be at safety

Wood

Reaction score
IMO Maliek is like Tank. The only thing that has really been able to slow the growth of the kid is injuries. I am expecting a break out season this year. Thoughts?

I thought he was on verge of blowing up after watching Dallas vs Cleveland (Dak rookie season). It hasn't happened and I have just learned that the athletes who are on the verge of blowing up will give you enough indicators that its about to happen. I don't see it any longer with Collins. I would make revamping DT position number #1 priority over next two drafts.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Another victim of Cowboys indecision. They asked him to play NT...so he puts on weight....loses speed.... loses effectiveness. Then jerk him around..buy moving him back to the 3tech...when he is overweight. This teams indecision is what is killing this team.:rolleyes:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Maliek is FA in 2020.

Could be his last season? Maybe there is a 5th year option in his contract.?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Overrated like Crawford until he can show me otherwise. I did want to get hyped from what I saw in training camp before, but it never translated to the field. At least with Tank we saw his potential his rookie year, Collins has just been flat every season.