Man, It's Quiet Around Here

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I kind of equate it to a running back and pass blocking. The majority wouldn't trust a back that's a good runner but bad at blitz pickups. That makes your offense predictable. I feel the same way about tight ends. If you can't block, then you aren't a tight end, you're something else. My coach back in school said the TE had to be the smartest guy on the field because he has so many jobs and responsibilities.

Like I said, Jimmy Graham is an amazing pass catcher and he's a great weapon to have on any team, but he isn't a tight end. He was right about himself. He should he classified as a wide receiver or some new designation like Split End.

I love Witten but if they had Graham this offense would be breaking records. Deep threats like Dez and JG would give teams fits. Witten may be a better blocker, but freaks like Gronk when healthy will kill a team. Besides, seems like they have been trying to slot in a pass catching TE beside Witten for around eight years now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He's a good safety, but I noticed that he missed 2 TD saving tackles against Murray.

Either that, or Murray is really just that good.

Players miss tackles, though - I'm not going to "but" the guy that much. He was the only one out there flying around and seemingly trying to play defense.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I love Witten but if they had Graham this offense would be breaking records. Deep threats like Dez and JG would give teams fits. Witten may be a better blocker, but freaks like Gronk when healthy will kill a team. Besides, seems like they have been trying to slot in a pass catching TE beside Witten for around eight years now.
I would rather punish a team like the Saints with the run than have a one-dimensional pass-catcher like Jimmy Graham. And Gronk is done.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm not talking about EVERYONE. I'm specifically speaking to those who feel the need to CALL OUT others. We're 3-1. We haven't won the Super Bowl. It's too early for call outs, if there's ever a time for them.

That's my point.
Nobody's calling anyone out over a win. If you're feeling some kind of way about people celebrating a win, maybe you should look in the mirror.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nobody's calling anyone out over a win. If you're feeling some kind of way about people celebrating a win, maybe you should look in the mirror.

Uh, you haven't been reading many of the posts have you? People have been calling out stash and others.

Oh, and I look in the mirror quite often every day, and I like what I see. :D

Jenky

Reaction score
Either that, or Murray is really just that good.

Players miss tackles, though - I'm not going to "but" the guy that much. He was the only one out there flying around and seemingly trying to play defense.

He's top 3. We, as fans though, couldn't handle anyone other than Earl Thomas. It's sad.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Gronk isn't any more done than Romo was in week one unless he can't get healthy again.

Talked to someone I know who watches a lot of football for a living about Gronk. Texted back: "old man's body. He's done as we knew him."

rcaldw

Reaction score
I think some folks need to give the call outs a rest. It was a great win all the way around. But some of you folks are so invested in Garrett that it's more about rehabilitating his "image" than it is about the team. It took bringing in Linehan to save JG from himself. 3 and 1 is great with a long road ahead. If the team can build on this win and bring some consistency, they can make some noise if the D can hold up. Good win and one we haven't seen in a long time.

lol, and I can see you are not invested in your view at all :)

Last edited:

Dodger12

Reaction score
lol, and I can see you are not invested in your view at all :)

If you have a question about my opinion on the subject, tell that to the owner/GM that took JG's playcalling away two years in a row.

EST_1986

Reaction score
We keep playing like we are and these guys will need to switch to Pats fans so they have something to complain about.