Man shot outside stadium has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
To start... the laws already on the books don't work or aren't being enforced. When someone shouldn't pass a background check but does because someone else entered their data wrong, the system is broke.

First of all there is a powerful lobby that fights even basic controls. The recent mass shooter passed his background checks.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Of course he will. But how does that stop the next killing?

Haven't millions been punished before? Then why do we still have thousands die each year. Including the massacre of children. Guess it's just a necessary evil.

We live in a free society. If someone wants to run over you with their car, they can. But you don't see talk about more car control.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We live in a free society. If someone wants to run over you with their car, they can. But you don't see talk about more car control.

No. Because we don't see thousands of people doing that each year. Nor do we see someone drive into a school and massacre children with their car. If that happened it would be a reasonable discussion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First of all there is a powerful lobby that fights even basic controls. The recent mass shooter passed his background checks.

Should he have passed a background check, though? Could that process be improved so that he would have been identified and not pass the check? Was there signs he should not have a firearm?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Can I buy a nuclear bomb? Apache helicopter? Abrams tank? M-60? Fully auto M-16?

So it's not really a free country I guess.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No. Because we don't see thousands of people doing that each year. Nor do we see someone drive into a school and massacre children with their car. If that happened it would be a reasonable discussion.

You think more people in the US are killed each year by guns than cars?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Should he have passed a background check, though? Could that process be improved so that he would have been identified and not pass the check? Was there signs he should not have a firearm?

see "powerful lobby" comment. And see those who back it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Can I buy a nuclear bomb? Apache helicopter? Abrams tank? M-60? Fully auto M-16?

So it's not really a free country I guess.

So you give examples of things that we are prohibited from getting and that makes your argument for gun control how?

Status
Not open for further replies.