Man shot outside stadium has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junglist

Reaction score
Per 105.3, The Fan.

My heart goes out to the family. A man was killed trying to do the right thing. The suspect has been officially charged with murder. Have fun in prison, idiot.

:facepalm:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Per 105.3, The Fan.

My heart goes out to the family. A man was killed trying to do the right thing. The suspect has been officially charged with murder. Have fun in prison, idiot.

Only the good die young. RIP brother, you were trying to do the right thing.

erod

Reaction score
It bothers me how there is absolutely no restriction on the amount of beer you can bring into the parking lot, or the amount of beer you can buy inside the stadium.

There are several people so messed up they can barely walk, and nothing is done. After the games, it's a hugely toxic situation with almost no police presence other than to direct traffic.

Of course, if you just go to your car and leave, you'll have no issue.

Jerry ain't giving up his Miller Lite money though.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Pride+idiocy+alcohol+handgun

Very bad combo. He has the rest of his life to stew in a cell wondering if it was worth it.

rockj7

Reaction score
Per 105.3, The Fan.

Your talking about the State of Texas he is going to Death Row they don't mess around in Texas

rockj7

Reaction score
It bothers me how there is absolutely no restriction on the amount of beer you can bring into the parking lot, or the amount of beer you can buy inside the stadium.

There are several people so messed up they can barely walk, and nothing is done. After the games, it's a hugely toxic situation with almost no police presence other than to direct traffic.

uhhh the beer didn't have anything to do with it Why you taking a gun to a football game?

romothesavior

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of details that have come out so far. I'd be interested to know more about how this went down.

What a terrible tragedy, especially hearing he was engaged and due to be a father.

Junglist

Reaction score

There's always a few bad apples. The vast majority people are perfectly fine drinking in the lots. Our tailgate has between 10-15 bottles of liquor, and we've never had a problem. As far as in the stadium, you can only buy two beers at a time. How could they possibly keep track of how much alcohol THOUSANDS of people drink?

Junglist

Reaction score
Your talking about the State of Texas he is going to Death Row they don't mess around in Texas

Not every person convicted of murder goes to death row. If you kill a cop, that's automatic. If it's a double homicide (or more), you will go to death row. There are over 8,000 people currently incarcerated for murder in Texas.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Unreal.... What a Jackass, and I hope all those stupid *******s who egged this idiot on to shoot him rot in hell and live miserable lives! Karma will sort that **** out.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Not every person convicted of murder goes to death row. If you kill a cop, that's automatic. If it's a double homicide (or more), you will go to death row. There are over 8,000 people currently incarcerated for murder in Texas.

You're right.

But it was a Good Samaritan. Defenseless. Execution style shooting.

Zero self defense plea.

Witnesses.

Aggravating circumstances.

The DA office will likely seek the death penalty and win.

(Texas just smoked a cop killer Wednesday. Same scenario.)

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Beer doesn't kill people...people kill people.

Well alcohol actually does kill people. People get depressed and drink themselves to death.

Kids get their hands on alcohol at home and OD.

People walk around with alcohol and do stupid things with it. They get brave when they have alcohol.

Alcohol is sold to people wrongly that shouldn't have alcohol.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

So it's Jerry's fault? Hmmmm? I think there's something to be said about personal responsibility here as well. Not that it's a solution to do nothing about the incident but blaming the alcohol, the server, the bar tender, the gun or gun dealer or manufacturer, the car or car manufacture who built the care go 170mph...etc. It goes on and on and more regulation.
Yes put new lighting up around the lot. stop having night games. patrol the area more. Empty all lots after the game (no post game parties) but lets not go nuts at the world for one tragic moment. On the other hand, I'm all for a fair trial and quick but painful capital punishment.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

It don't bother me because for the amount of people doing all this and the amount of situations this bad happening its not a problem. Nobody wants to see anybody killed or anything but to say its some type of big problem isn't realistic to me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per 105.3, The Fan.

Yep, there's probably only about 100 witnesses. He might as well just plead guilty because he has no chance in court.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beer doesn't kill people...people kill people.

Well alcohol actually does kill people. People get depressed and drink themselves to death.

Kids get their hands on alcohol at home and OD.

People walk around with alcohol and do stupid things with it. They get brave when they have alcohol.

Alcohol is sold to people wrongly that shouldn't have alcohol.

Some people eat themselves to death.

rockj7

Reaction score

Junglist Sorry bro didn't mean to offend living here in California we always get the impression that Texas will put people on Death Row in a heart beat my apologize Thanks for the info though

Status
Not open for further replies.