Man, The Time Flies

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dalmations202;2021009 said:
Man, I was 11 when he retired. To this day, in my mind, he is still the best QB ever.

I saw Montana play, but he had the best WR ever playing with him. Roger just never said die, and they were always in the game as long as he was taking the snaps.

Roger was one awesome player, and to all that missed him play, you really did miss something.

Hey Joe did have Jerry...after he'd already won 2 rings. But whose counting those, right?

Reaction score
Hostile;2020541 said:
28 years ago today, Roger Staubach announced his retirement. I was a skinny sophomore in HS who still dreamed I was him in my back yard like the song says.

Captain America, you're still the best IMO.

Being born in 1986 I feel like I was cheated out of so much Cowboys history but I can always come here for some classic cowboy stories.

I used to work with someone who did not watch football, born and raised in va, very family oriented woman. She knew I was a cowboys fan and would always talk to me about how she loved Staubach for everything he did OFF the field. If I played football I know thats the way I would want to be remembered even 28 years later.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
dbair1967;2020797 said:
I was 11 when that happened. Still one of the all time bummer days

I'm convinced we'd have won another super bowl or two had he kept playing. Alot of people dont realize he went out on top of his game. He had an awesome 1979 season

David
Yeah, he truly was at the top of his game.

He left because of his history of multiple concussions. If not for those concussions, he would have had at least two or three more years in him.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Hostile;2020541 said:
28 years ago today, Roger Staubach announced his retirement. I was a skinny sophomore in HS who still dreamed I was him in my back yard like the song says.

Captain America, you're still the best IMO.

I obviously have no recollection of that day, because I was only 4 months old back then. I do wish I could have seen him play though.