Management dropped the ball

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That is what you said, there's no distract. Your whole argument was based on Free agents equating to playoff success

My point is that Stephen Jones is cheap and incompetent.

Your post quoting me + past 26 years only support me.

Your turn.

rambo2

Reaction score
Fowler, Turpin, Barr and Peters were low risk signings.

None of those guys have Von Millers current production.

We will be very fortunate to hit on 2 of those guys.

For most part you get what you pay for.
The Cowboys already have the best pass rusher in the league and the guys they signed are going to help them win. They are a team and love what their plan is. Younger, stronger, faster.

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL

Don't forget to take your xanax.

23 years Veteran
17 Postal
* I am pending a position with the Nueces County Correctional Facility. DA to provide an origial DA214, (a copy isn't sufficient for the state of Texas!)

Dre11

Reaction score
:rolleyes:o_O

Of course Cowboys spend in FA - Stephen loves the bargain bin.

We are talking about adding critical big name acquisitions (FA or trade) to fill or upgrade key positions of need like Jerry used to routinely do (and most contending teams STILL do).

NOTHING guarantees postseason success but adding more talent YOY makes success more likely than not (instead of replacing similar talent or remaining status quo).

This is not rocket science.

Then why say it does as you did. And most contending don't do it. So as I said from the beginning big name free agents doesn't always mean success, in fact they rarely do.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Then why say it does as you did. And most contending don't do it. So as I said from the beginning big name free agents doesn't always mean success, in fact they rarely do.

You are truly hopeless.

Still using "always" when I've taught you better.

Contending teams DO look to add proven impact players:

Rams added Wagner, Bills added Von, Eagles added Haason Reddick + AJ Brown, Chargers added Khalil Mack, Ravens added Marcus Williams, Bucs added Akiem Hicks + Julio Jones

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
I saw run plays allowed in the playoff game due to inexperience, not lack of physicality.

The 49ers running scheme is unique and changes angles, etc. for defenders.

They lost that game because of the OL. Pressure resulted in turnovers.

Tyron could barely move due to the ankle issue.

La'el struggled because he is a dumb player.

Biadasz can manage if he has power on both sides but with Connor Williams & Biadasz together they didn't have enough power.

You do have to admit that Joe Burrow overcame many of the same obstacles that Dallas experienced. Dak folded under that line pressure and the DL couldn't figure out the Rams.

rambo2

Reaction score

Your turn.
You are ignorant. 26 years has absolutely nothing to do with the current team and where they are today. They should have double digit wins again this year and next year as well. They clearly have a shot in the NFC.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Your turn.

wins/losses over the past 5 years
offensive productivity/ranking over the past 5 years
draft rankings over the past 5 seasons
NFC East standings over the past 5 seasons
World sports franchise value rankings over the past 5 years
How many times the team entered the playoffs in the past 5 years...
then look again and not explain away

Defense improving?

Now do some discussion beyond just showing attitude against doing some real work.

Answer any of the questions beyond the now expected insult.

Show some realistic discussions upon of these questions beyond what is now just expected and personal insults!!!

1. Wins over last 6 years - 66
Losses over last 6 years - 39

RonWashington

Reaction score
I don’t know I could see not going the Von Miller direction .

To me the head scratch is drafting cultivating Cedric Wilson to the point he becomes a threat finally and you let him walk for peanuts . After you let Cooper go for bottom feed draft picks . Couldn’t get a 4 for the guy ?

:huh: :facepalm:

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You are ignorant. 26 years has absolutely nothing to do with the current team and where they are today. They should have double digit wins again this year and next year as well. They clearly have a shot in the NFC.

Cowboys have had a shot almost every season, not just NFC but to win it all, since Parcells in 2003.

That was almost 2 decades ago.

Personnel and coaches have changed many times, but same FO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Again at this point in his career, his production isn't that much better than Randy's, this ain't Von Miller from 5 years ago. The last time we saw Miller and Gregory their production is comparable. Fact

LOL, it was not.

But you keep clinging to this belief Gregory and Miller are comparable players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You went from 30 year old vets to very specific 33 year old to take topic off tangent because you lack ability to argue your case.

Both Landry and Jimmy supplemented their young teams with impactful vets. EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

Jimmy and Landry have 5 SB wins between them.

And you really believe Stephen would sign the very best 20 year olds in their prime - because these just fall out of trees and are available for Jones to acquire on the cheap amirite?

You are laughable.
You are crying about Von Miller and then go on a rant about how 30 year olds have been apart of championships then I ask you to name them and you bail out like a dope fiend in rehab…..unbelievable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do have to admit that Joe Burrow overcame many of the same obstacles that Dallas experienced. Dak folded under that line pressure and the DL couldn't figure out the Rams.
Did Joe Borrow win the Super Bowl?