Manning in the Probowl

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve it. But his team is vying for the top spot in the NFC.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ajk23az;2499828 said:
He doesn't deserve it. But his team is vying for the top spot in the NFC.

I think he does deserve it.

The guy I think doesn't is Brees since his team sucks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo is having a better season than any QB in the NFC.

IMO.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499833 said:

Wait isn't the Pro Bowl an individual thing?

In that case I agree Brees should be in, with Eli out.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499833 said:

My only issue is that I think he's getting in largely because he's "on the best team."

But that's such a non-stable argument. I mean, Delhomme could be that QB next week, and he's not going to be in the Pro Bowl.

Manning has thrown more INTs than TDs since Thanksgiving, for what it's worth.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Hostile;2499838 said:
Romo is having a better season than any QB in the NFC.

IMO.

I agree. The three-game absence just killed the individual momentum he had, though, in terms of public opinion. He became the forgotten QB, and it's almost as if Johnson's struggles (losses, namely) get subconsciously credited to Romo.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499833 said:

I agree with some of what you say. Eli doesn't deserve because he hasn't done anything special this season. Brees doesn't not so much his team sucks but he is mediocre on the road and has a lot INT's. It's like night and day with him at home and on the road. That is not a Pro bowl QB. Regardless to me Romo is the best QB in the NFC in my opinion whether he makes it or not and I wouldn't trade any of those that make it over him.

ajk23az

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499833 said:

Why though?

Romo has better #'s all around practically.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
RainMan;2499842 said:
My only issue is that I think he's getting in largely because he's "on the best team."

But that's such a non-stable argument. I mean, Delhomme could be that QB next week, and he's not going to be in the Pro Bowl.

Manning has thrown more INTs than TDs since Thanksgiving, for what it's worth.

Sure -- but his performance in the playoffs last year sealed this.

People can argue those games shouldn't "count" toward this vote but the way I see it is that everything the follows the probowl vote from the previous year should be part of the evaluation.

I do think Romo is a far better QB and a far better choice for the probowl but that is b/c I think Brees' performance on a crap team should be discounted.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ajk23az;2499852 said:
Why though?

Romo has better #'s all around practically.

Wins are a pretty big number in my book. 4-0 in last year's playoffs is something to notice as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea looks like Romo isn't getting in. I knew this would happen. I felt the only way Romo would get in was if Eli didn't which he didn't deserve. But it is what it is. Warner or Brees will probably drop out anyway.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499854 said:
Sure -- but his performance in the playoffs last year sealed this.

People can argue those games shouldn't "count" toward this vote but the way I see it is that everything the follows the probowl vote from the previous year should be part of the evaluation.

I do think Romo is a far better QB and a far better choice for the probowl but that is b/c I think Brees' performance on a crap team should be discounted.

Yeah, I can see that. And I don't disagree. Two weeks ago, I think I posted the very thing -- that Eli was a near lock after being the Super Bowl MVP. It provided him a lot of national recognition, and your average joes -- players included -- probably recall those playoff efforts, as you say, more so than inspecting any of his numbers all that closely this year.

ajk23az

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499856 said:
Wins are a pretty big number in my book. 4-0 in last year's playoffs is something to notice as well.

This is the 08-09' season not the 07-08' season. Last years playoff record doesn't matter what-so-ever.

Manning is 11-3, Romo is 8-3 this year. Who knows what he would have done if he played vs. the Rams & Giants.

Romo deserves it and it isn't blind homerism behind my decision.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Clearly Romo is playing better than any other QB in the conference and Romo's team is playing better than any other QB in the conference right now.

Sucks, but oh well.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
ajk23az;2499865 said:
This is the 08-09' season not the 07-08' season. Last years playoff record doesn't matter what-so-ever.

Manning is 11-3, Romo is 8-3 this year. Who knows what he would have done if he played vs. the Rams & Giants.

Romo deserves it and it isn't blind homerism behind my decision.

The only thing that ticks me off is I think Romo deserves to be a three-time Pro Bowler in his three seasons of starting.

But this is nothing new. Players get jipped all the time. Several of our guys that got in last year got in over more deserving players. You could argue Romo, when he barely started half a season in 2006, didn't deserve to get in.

It kills me, but oh well.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
thisisepic;2499840 said:
Wait isn't the Pro Bowl an individual thing?

In that case I agree Brees should be in, with Eli out.

Who says it is an individual thing? Aikman often made the probowl when others had put up better numbers. He made it in 1996 with a PR of 80.1 - Ty Detmer had a better rating that year as did several others who didn't make the Pro Bowl