Manning in the Probowl

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TX_Yid;2500254 said:
The only bowl that turd in a helmet deserves to play in is the busdrivers weekly bowl.

Good to see the grownups are back on the board :rolleyes:

coogrfan

Reaction score
Eli Manning?

9th in the NFC in qb rating, 8th in passing yards, 19th in yards/att, 6th in tds...and he's going to Hawaii?

Are you freaking kidding me?!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2499838 said:
Romo is having a better season than any QB in the NFC.

IMO.

My only beef with Romo is the untimely turnovers and the turnovers period. But Brees and even Warner aren't having better seasons than either Eli or Tony, IMO.

coogrfan

Reaction score
jobberone;2500828 said:
My only beef with Romo is the untimely turnovers and the turnovers period. But Brees and even Warner aren't having better seasons than either Eli or Tony, IMO.

For the record Romo has only two more turnovers (one fumble lost and one int) than Eli, in three fewer starts.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
coogrfan;2500843 said:
For the record Romo has only two more turnovers (one fumble lost and one int) than Eli, in three fewer starts.

Eli is managing the game better. He's clearly not the most talented QB. But Eli has the capability of putting passes in tight places as well. He's just not the playmaker Tony is. He's not losing games and that's what some people count as much as winning them.

I wouldn't take Eli over Tony right now. Not by a long shot but I just have to give Eli credit for not only this year but last as well. He's definitely not just a busdriver.

coogrfan

Reaction score
I disagree, but leaving that aside for the moment...

There are 8 qbs in the NFC with a higher qb rating than Eli. That's E-I-G-H-T.

Eli getting a Pro Bowl spot is just plain assinine.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
niether Manning belongs in the probowl this yr, but both made it...

the probowl is pretty useless

honestly I wish they didnt even play it...I always worry one of our guys will get hurt in it and mess up the next season

Givincer

Reaction score
jobberone;2500862 said:
Eli is managing the game better. He's clearly not the most talented QB. But Eli has the capability of putting passes in tight places as well. He's just not the playmaker Tony is. He's not losing games and that's what some people count as much as winning them.

I wouldn't take Eli over Tony right now. Not by a long shot but I just have to give Eli credit for not only this year but last as well. He's definitely not just a busdriver.

I know if Tony had a completion percentage hovering around 50% in two straight losses, with one touchdown and two interceptions (regardless of the cause of those statistics), he'd probably be blamed for losing those games.

What is Eli if he's not a bus driver, though, when he's never completed 60% of his passes in a season (or even 58!) and has never had a YPA better than 6.8 (hasn't had a YPA better than 6.3 since 2005). Also, his career high QB rating for a season is 77. That's a bus driver right there, in my opinion. A guy who happens to be on a team that wins games.

The guy is not a pro bowl level player. Him and Romo cannot even be seriously compared, I don't think (not that you were comparing them).