Manning in the Probowl

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ajk23az;2499865 said:
This is the 08-09' season not the 07-08' season. Last years playoff record doesn't matter what-so-ever.

Manning is 11-3, Romo is 8-3 this year. Who knows what he would have done if he played vs. the Rams & Giants.

Romo deserves it and it isn't blind homerism behind my decision.

You can say that -- but I see it as ridiculous to ignore nearly two months of season played since the last vote.

If however you can show me where exactly it states that probowl decisions must be based only on THAT year's performance please show me.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
If Romo doesn't make it, it didn't help him that the last impression he left before the players and coaches voted was of him throwing a game-losing interception for a touchdown.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499905 said:
If Romo doesn't make it, it didn't help him that the last impression he left before the players and coaches voted was of him throwing a game-losing interception for a touchdown.
So true. Not sure why they have to vote before the season is even over.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
On the plus side, I didn't Pierce on the list. That means that unless Beason gets a lot of love (or Urlacher for some bizarre reason), Bradie has a chance.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
i didn't think wins had anything to do with probowl? probowl is all about individual numbers. if romo doesn't get in it would be a travesty. he has by far the best numbers with 3 less games played.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
good, now Romo get concentrate on getting to the only bowl that matters.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2499926 said:
On the plus side, I didn't Pierce on the list. That means that unless Beason gets a lot of love (or Urlacher for some bizarre reason), Bradie has a chance.

Pierce is the first alternate I think. Brandon Jacobs is the 3rd alternate.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2499935 said:
i didn't think wins had anything to do with probowl? probowl is all about individual numbers. if romo doesn't get in it would be a travesty. he has by far the best numbers with 3 less games played.

actually the probowl vote is about whatever a voter decides it is about. you would be hard pressed to find specific voting guidelines.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
RainMan;2499877 said:
The only thing that ticks me off is I think Romo deserves to be a three-time Pro Bowler in his three seasons of starting.

But this is nothing new. Players get jipped all the time. Several of our guys that got in last year got in over more deserving players. You could argue Romo, when he barely started half a season in 2006, didn't deserve to get in.

It kills me, but oh well.

Ain't that the truth.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TheCount;2499945 said:
Ain't that the truth.

Of course no one was complaining then about how the team's record shouldn't make a difference...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theogt;2499876 said:
Clearly Romo is playing better than any other QB in the conference and Romo's team is playing better than any other QB in the conference right now.

Sucks, but oh well.

:hammer:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499905 said:

I thought that might be the nail in his probowl coffin. But I'm surprised to hear the players voted last week? Thought they did that yesterday.

Do you have any insight into why they vote on this thing before the season's over?

Never made sense to me.

Givincer

Reaction score
I laugh at this.

But, hey, he does have a good chance of finishing this season with a career high QB rating (anything over 77 will do).

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ajk23az;2499941 said:
Pierce is the first alternate I think. Brandon Jacobs is the 3rd alternate.

If Jacobs is 3rd then Barber isn't an alternate. Unless they go 4 or 5 deep on those things

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2499965 said:
If Jacobs is 3rd then Barber isn't an alternate. Unless they go 4 or 5 deep on those things

They do, but they don't necessarily announce them, I don't think.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if Marion showed up there. It seems hard to justify having him on that list this year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hostile;2499838 said:
Romo is having a better season than any QB in the NFC.

IMO.
I completely agree, I don't see how you can make an argument for anybody other than Warner.

I know Brees has big numbers, but he can't win.

Romo showed the world last night that he is the better of those two QBs...hands down.

Givincer

Reaction score
Future;2500001 said:
Romo showed the world last night that he is the better of those two QBs...hands down.

They were in pretty similar situations Sunday. Both QBs had pressure all night.

The difference was that one was elusive enough to still make plays.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Oh well maybe Tony and TO will be pissed and play with a chip on their shoulders.... Eli got the Aikman treatment this year, period...........

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Givincer;2500023 said:
They were in pretty similar situations Sunday. Both QBs had pressure all night.

The difference was that one was elusive enough to still make plays.
And thus, better :starspin:

TX_Yid

Reaction score
The only bowl that turd in a helmet deserves to play in is the busdrivers weekly bowl.

Regardless I couldn't care less, I'd take Romo in his worst form over Sheli at his best.