Video: Manster - For You Young 'uns

LittleD

Reaction score
Dreaming of the days when it was Dallas & Green Bay (we couldn't beat them). Lombardi & Landry. Bart Star and Dandy Don.
Smash mouth and no crying about it. Yes, those were the days. You knew what the Packers were going to run, yet you couldn't
stop them. Sounds a bit like the 90's Cowboys right?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Wow. I'll admit - I'm 31 years old and never got a chance to see this generation of Cowboys.

That play at 2:22 is so freaking unbelievable. All-out effort and heart there

You missed some great ones. The Landry era had some thrillers, success, and heartbreaks. The one thing for sure is we knew how to get into the playoffs year after year, and many times at least to the Championship Game if not the Super Bowl.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
I always wondered how utterly devastating White and Too Tall could have been playing in an attacking pressure defense instead of that reading Landry Flex defense.

lkelly

Reaction score
Anything that makes Mark May unhappy makes me happy. He's truly objectionable.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Manster would be small to play DT today. Not in heart or desire but in stature. I don't think he ever weighed much over 260 pounds. Even OT and G were smaller back in the day though. Heck Rayfield Wright only weighed around 280 pounds

Manster would be a LB'er today and a damned good one. My favorite Manster story was when he drove through a picket line because the players were on strike and if players wanted their annuity they had to cross the line. He just wanted to play football, screw the rules and the money wasn't big back then. I think the story was he drove up in a big old truck with Don Smerik beside him, revved the engine, popped the clutch and the players had to let him through. It was ugly but that was Manster.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't want these def=lineman there expensive you know lol....all we want is to pay all our cap for the Off-line there no complaints from our fans......Doomsday a lost word and 24 yrs of no Superbowl glory and counting....wait the FO will draft another Off-lineman in the 1st round and most here will cheer and smile...oh well .....wait till theres 8 in the box our offline will fold like a stack of cards.....Denver game anyone???

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Manster would be small to play DT today. Not in heart or desire but in stature. I don't think he ever weighed much over 260 pounds. Even OT and G were smaller back in the day though. Heck Rayfield Wright only weighed around 280 pounds

Manster would be a LB'er today and a damned good one. My favorite Manster story was when he drove through a picket line because the players were on strike and if players wanted their annuity they had to cross the line. He just wanted to play football, screw the rules and the money wasn't big back then. I think the story was he drove up in a big old truck with Don Smerik beside him, revved the engine, popped the clutch and the players had to let him through. It was ugly but that was Manster.

Landry played him at linebacker his first year.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Gosh darn it, when we had a defense for your A--. Where has the good old days gone. Miss you 70's the greatest era ever, from TV to music to sports.