Video: Manster - For You Young 'uns

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Back in the 90s, I met Bob Lilly, Danny White and Drew Pearson at a party at Southfork Ranch. They were great guys. Sadly, I never met Manster. He would have made a good bulldogger.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
When your mother carries a blackjack you have no choice but to grow up being one tough SOB:) As hard as it was for Mark May being a Washington Commander to compliment Randy White being a Dallas Cowboy he gave the ultimate Sportsman's tip of the cap to arrival..... much respect to you Mark:thumbup:

The Manster was one bad mutha...Thanks #54:clap:

Scotman

Reaction score
I wish I was able to watch that style of NFL player. The type who simply loved the game, stayed with one team their entire career, and worried about more than just getting paid or their personal "brand".
I understand that free agency has leveled the playing field and is more lucrative for the players. But, it demolished team loyalty. Many fans today are fans of players and not teams. I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing...but it's a thing. I'm glad I grew up watching Staubach and the like.

cowboyec

Reaction score
so damn proud that Bob Lilly,Randy White,Too Tall,Lee Roy,Howley,Big Harv,Renfro,Staubach,Tony D,Drew,Meredith.....so damn proud that they are OURS.
They are Cowboys!!!!!!!
Everson,Cliff Harris,Waters,Jethro Pugh,Ray Wright,The Triplets,Don Perkins,Walt Garrison,Bill Bates....They belong to US.
and of course...........Coach.
OURS.
SO DAMN PROUD.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went to see a pre-season game against the Bears at Texas Stadium. I think it might have been 83. There was a brawl during the game and White took off his helmet and was pummeling a Bear with it.

He was ejected, of course. But that scrum backed away pretty quick when Randy lost his temper that day.

I remember him ripping an opponent players helmet off and pummeling people with it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Have met him twice both times were at Richland Chambers lake he is a cool dude My 15 pound catfish impressed him Offered him a beer he said no thanks it is to hot I replied no it is on ice he laughed Dude loves bass fishing

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I remember him ripping an opponent players helmet off and pummeling people with it.
Hollywood Henderson got out of control in the locker room with him once it did not last long Hollywood got owned Randy made it really clear and very rapidly that he could hurt him if he wanted to and he did not do it with words

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I loved all the players in that team. I always liked Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris. They were beast and worked so well together.

Tons of great players that have put in that Star. Randy was an all time great no question.

conner01

Reaction score
White, TooTall, Lily and company were like super hero’s when I was a kid
The good old days
Great football and no drama
No twitter
No salary cap

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I wish I was able to watch that style of NFL player. The type who simply loved the game, stayed with one team their entire career, and worried about more than just getting paid or their personal "brand".
To be fair, they stayed with one team cause they had no choice (no free agency) - If they had free agency back then you would have the same type of movement as we have today imo.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great player. That was an awesome DL. So undersized for the position but he more than made up for it with speed, strength, and tenacity. Ah the good old days...

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
loved Randy White, hated that he went and played with the scrubs. It hurt his image at the end of his career.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
You mean there were great Cowboys before Romo? Did they win or did they choke like him?

How many rings did they win?

That video must be a fabricated film.. no way this organization had anything close to Romo's greatness :rolleyes:

:cool: