Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend is a Hoax *Merge*

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Why do simple-minded people rush to make up their minds about what happened instead of waiting for the truth which will eventually come out?

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;4971243 said:
Why do simple-minded people rush to make up their minds about what happened instead of waiting for the truth which will eventually come out?

Will the truth come out? The denial is strong with ND. The rapists are still at large 2+ years later.

Rogah

Reaction score
MonsterD;4970151 said:
Why delete it last night and not 3 weeks ago when they knew? This all is happening now because ******** released the article.
Um, where's you evidence that that publication has any knowledge of any of this prior to the ******** article when all the world found out?

Rogah

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4970770 said:
ND spin doctor's hard at work.

Not only are we asked to believe that Te'O is a victim, but now they are saying that this weighed heavy on his mind and that's why he played poorly in the National Championship game.
That I actually believe. Probably pretty tough to perform well in the national spotlight when your entire life has fallen apart and all your lies are unravelling.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Rogah;4971266 said:
Um, where's you evidence that that publication has any knowledge of any of this prior to the ******** article when all the world found out?

Espn knew at least 10 days ago. They were "trying to get an interview".

Rogah

Reaction score
DIAF;4970809 said:
The rumor is that ND only did all of this to insulate themselves as a "lied to us too" party when the actual truth does come out. After watching the fake-as-hell crying and hilarious reaching in last night's press conference, I believe this to be the case.
I gotta tell you, I doubt the university knew that this was all just a big hoax while it was ongoing. Don't get me wrong, they certainly found out before all the rest of us. But I don't believe for a single second that the administrators or coaches at ND knew during the Michigan State game that Te'o was full of crap.

Rogah

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4971273 said:
Espn knew at least 10 days ago. They were "trying to get an interview".
OK well first of all, your answer has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked. I didn't realize "ESPN" was an acronym for "South Bend Tribune."

Second of all, in the world of journalism, ethical reporters will often find out something happened but simply not have enough evidence to bring it to print, so they conduct further investigations until they get more.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4971219 said:
The world is filled with people with academic, book sense and no common sense.

yea, this x1000

Then on top of that, if he's a guy who has social anxiety, ala Ricky Williams, I can see him falling for someone online.

Rogah

Reaction score
MonsterD;4970151 said:
Why delete it last night and not 3 weeks ago when they knew? This all is happening now because ******** released the article.
I'll ask you the same question I asked the other guy: Where is your evidence supporting your belief that they knew 3 weeks ago?

Diogenes

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4971262 said:
Will the truth come out? The denial is strong with ND. The rapists are still at large 2+ years later.

Maybe, maybe not. Whatever eventually surfaces, the public will be expected to accept it as the truth whether it is or not.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Hows about this:

Via ESPN:

"Dan Tudesco, a 2006 graduate who now works in public relations in New York, set up an online account at fundraising website indiegogo.com on Jan. 9 to solicit $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. The initial pitch said donations would go to the society in memory of Lennay Kekua and in honor of Te'o, "two individuals who have been an inspiration to us through an iconic season."

Tudesco said he and three friends got the fundraising idea after a seeing a video that went viral of Te'o holding his head in dismay during the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the national championship game on Jan. 7.

The goal was to turn the loss -- and the player's sudden popularity -- into something positive.

"I think we were all kind of disappointed in the result of the game ... and the Manti story was very inspirational," Tudesco told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Notre Dame took notice of Tudesco's tweets about the fund drive and sent a university videographer to shoot an interview with him. The video was posted on the Notre Dame athletics YouTube channel Tuesday.

Tudesco said he didn't believe Notre Dame was aware of the hoax when it promoted his fundraiser.

"It would surprise me that Notre Dame would want to promote this if they knew something like this was going on," Tudesco said.

However, Notre Dame officials said Wednesday that they became aware of the hoax on Dec. 26, nearly two weeks before the championship game. University spokesman Dennis Brown didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment Thursday."

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Its time for NEW MEMES

http://i1207.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb465/bottomofthemap1/477F022D-C5F6-4843-9781-00E0BA63DFA1-16028-0000103A2BFA0ED9.jpg

http://i1207.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb465/bottomofthemap1/81AD4E71-9F9D-47BC-B879-C303EAA40E99-15646-00000FBC5D7A7DF7.jpg

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Rogah;4971275 said:
I gotta tell you, I doubt the university knew that this was all just a big hoax while it was ongoing. Don't get me wrong, they certainly found out before all the rest of us. But I don't believe for a single second that the administrators or coaches at ND knew during the Michigan State game that Te'o was full of crap.

Yeah, I doubt ND knew about it either until the story started to unravel in early/mid December.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
DIAF;4971533 said:
Yeah, I doubt ND knew about it either until the story started to unravel in early/mid December.

What I just posted clearly says they were going to film an interview with a guy trying to raise funds for Fraudi's invisible lover AFTER THE BCS game.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4971537 said:
What I just posted clearly says they were going to film an interview with a guy trying to raise funds for Fraudi's invisible lover AFTER THE BCS game.

And?

I stand by what I say. Notre Dame did not help him FABRICATE this story. Nor did they know it even was a thing until early December. Which is why last night's presser happened. Notre Dame is making it VERY clear that they walked in at the tail end of this thing and have now put the entire onus on Mantei Te'o to answer for his (what will surely be exposed) lie.

Tricericon

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4971537 said:

Right, because Notre Dame isn't a large bureaucratic organization of the sort where the right hand routinely has no idea what the left knows...

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
DIAF;4971545 said:
And?

I stand by what I say. Notre Dame did not help him FABRICATE this story. Nor did they know it even was a thing until early December. Which is why last night's presser happened. Notre Dame is making it VERY clear that they walked in at the tail end of this thing and have now put the entire onus on Mantei Te'o to answer for his (what will surely be exposed) lie.

And again, do you trust what Notre Dame has to say?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4971553 said:
And again, do you trust what Notre Dame has to say?

Why do you not? Anti-Notre Dame bias? Sounds like it.

I dont like ND either, but what reason would they have for helping make up this completely idiotic story that has holes so big in it you could drive a truck through it? If they did, it would have been a lot more airtight than this. Sheesh, some people just like conspiracy theories.

I trust that Notre Dame didn't know until it was brought to their attention in early/mid december or whatever..however, I DO think Notre Dame quickly realized that Mantei is lying like hell..which is why you saw that fake pony show last night. Feigning belief in their player so they won't be accused later on of being in on the hoax.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
DIAF;4971554 said:
Why do you not? Anti-Notre Dame bias? Sounds like it.

I dont like ND either, but what reason would they have for helping make up this completely idiotic story that has holes so big in it you could drive a truck through it? If they did, it would have been a lot more airtight than this. Sheesh, some people just like conspiracy theories.

I trust that Notre Dame didn't know until it was brought to their attention in early/mid december or whatever..however, I DO think Notre Dame quickly realized that Mantei is lying like hell..which is why you saw that fake pony show last night. Feigning belief in their player so they won't be accused later on of being in on the hoax.

Why even bother supporting him? He is graduated. He isnt the schools problem any more. This is the same program that bullied a rape victim and let the perpetrators suit up in the championship game.