Manti Te'o

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
The general consensus around league scouts is that Manti will be drafted between 15-25. With us moving to the 4-3, would you draft him if he was available? Could be more realistic than you would think.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Even though a Teo, Lee, Carter LB core makes me salivate, we have more pressing needs for our 1st round pick

newlander

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;4961112 said:
Even though a Teo, Lee, Carter LB core makes me salivate, we have more pressing needs for our 1st round pick

..plus: he looked WEAK vs. Bama: only TRUE top 10 team they played all year and he wiffed, along with his teammates: PASS:rolleyes:

tm1119

Reaction score
Yeah Te'o is the softest so called star MLB I've ever seen. He got over hyped because he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a bunch of INT's. 5.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 0 FF and only 55 solo tackles are all very unimpressive stats for a 1st round MLB.

RS12

Reaction score
They have to draft and hit on either line in round one. There is no other choice.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'll take either of Geno Smith or Matt Barkley if they fell that far.

They won't, but I would if they did. Would not hesitate.

Andrew Luck comes once ever 10 - 15 years. Griffin isn't as good as made to be. Luck is.

In saying this, Smith and Barkley are more talented than currently being said.

Since neither will be there, I go d-line first, o-line 2nd.

Nevermind this bum of a LB.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I would pass, he is a great player but we can find good OLBs that will fit perfect with lee and carter. I would love to have olgetree from Georgia as a SOLB

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4961102 said:
The general consensus around league scouts is that Manti will be drafted between 15-25. With us moving to the 4-3, would you draft him if he was available? Could be more realistic than you would think.

So we're moving to a scheme that requires LESS Linebackers, and we should draft ... a linebacker?

:facepalm:

Gaede

Reaction score
Honestly, I think we should just take the BPA. Don't really care about position. This team needs youth, talent and physicality and I don't care if that's another LB or G or QB. If the player meets that criteria and is truly the best available, just take him. So yeah, I'd take Te'o.

Just as long as it's not a WR or CB.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4961621 said:
So we're moving to a scheme that requires LESS Linebackers, and we should draft ... a linebacker?

I do not agree with the drafting of Te'o for Dallas. But I have heard some rumblings that if he fell he could be a target for us.

RS12

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4961903 said:
I do not agree with the drafting of Te'o for Dallas. But I have heard some rumblings that if he fell he could be a target for us.

Would I draft him at 18? No. Will Jerry? Not so sure but he shouldnt.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
tm1119;4961454 said:
Yeah Te'o is the softest so called star MLB I've ever seen. He got over hyped because he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a bunch of INT's. 5.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 0 FF and only 55 solo tackles are all very unimpressive stats for a 1st round MLB.
I would say that the vast majority of INTs come from being in the right place at the right time...and that's an underrated skill.
Rack Bauer;4961621 said:

As of now, the signed LBs on the roster, assuming we switch to a 43, are Lee, Carter, Alright, Wilbur, Connor, Lemon, and McSurdy.

I'd say LB is a need at this point, and Te'o or, miraculously Otree slips, they should be the pick. Then go safety in the second and guard in the 3rd, and you can have a serious haul in the draft.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Future;4963757 said:
I would say that the vast majority of INTs come from being in the right place at the right time...and that's an underrated skill.

As of now, the signed LBs on the roster, assuming we switch to a 43, are Lee, Carter, Alright, Wilbur, Connor, Lemon, and McSurdy.

I'd say LB is a need at this point, and Te'o or, miraculously Otree slips, they should be the pick. Then go safety in the second and guard in the 3rd, and you can have a serious haul in the draft.

It's not even CLOSE to being a need at this point.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
The chances of Te'o in a Cowboys uniform next year are slim tbh. I doubt he slides that far, and even if he does I think Dallas would trade back because teams like Baltimore and Indianapolis would love to trade up and snag him and we could accumulate more picks. Im a ND fan, so id welcome it with open arms tbh, but we have more pressing needs on the O and D-lines. I'm really hoping Warmack slides to us, although I doubt it.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Don't need him. 4-3 LBs are not something you need to have premium draft picks/stars at all 3 positions. Just look at the Seahawks and Falcons playing today.

You can find depth at this position easily, whether it is late in the draft or free agency.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I wouldn't. I'd still go OL, DL or Safety. You can find a guy later in the draft to pair with Carter and Lee.

I do think Te'O is gonna be a good one though.