Manti Te'o

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
respectdatstar;4970231 said:
So, you think the same thing happens to Te'o that happened to Burfict?
Burfict fell because he was a head case AND didn't play that well as a senior.

We don't know all the details of what happened, and even if they are awful, I don't see him falling out of the 2nd.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't know talent-wise whether he'd go in the first round anyway. He was majorly exposed by Alabama.

Having said that, he won't get out of the second round. I say he's low first round at best.

Reaction score
Future;4970297 said:

We don't know all the details of what happened, and even if they are awful, I don't see him falling out of the 2nd.

What I was getting at was, at some point I saw Burfict mocked in the 1st round of the draft and then he goes undrafted.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Future;4970297 said:

And then he was a very productive player for the Bengals.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If Te'o goes in the 4th he will just claim he was drafted #1 overall.

DFWJC

Reaction score
respectdatstar;4970316 said:
What I was getting at was, at some point I saw Burfict mocked in the 1st round of the draft and then he goes undrafted.

Burfict's issues were 10x Teo's....

Manti Teo is a 2012 National Scholar-Athlete. He's been active in the community and has kept his nose clean.

Up until this weird situation, he has been a real model for what you want in an All-American and Student Athlete.

He's the most decorated defensive player (did not say the best, mind you) in the history of college football.

Night and day vs Burflict. Not remotely comparable.

If he drops at all, it will be 1/2 round or so. Most still put him anywhere from 10th to 25th or so.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Hell no...I'd avoid him at all costs. Not only because he's turning out to be a weird guy but also the media scrutiny would be out of this world, even for Cowboys standards. Too much of a distraction

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
respectdatstar;4970316 said:
I know. My point is that Te'o isn't going to see that kind of fall because he had such a tremendous season.

Great players with a character concern might fall a round or two. Ones who have a mediocre season before the draft will fall a ton if there is a character concern.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4970305 said:
I don't know talent-wise whether he'd go in the first round anyway. He was majorly exposed by Alabama.

Having said that, he won't get out of the second round. I say he's low first round at best.

He had a bad game vs. Alabama but the word is this story had already been exposed by that point so you could excuse him for being a bit distracted.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4970305 said:

I have a feeling he wasn't all there mentally because he knew all of this was going to come out. I don't care who you are, if you are not 100% mentally in the game, you will look like he did that night.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Will never happen. Worst case scenario for Te'o is that he falls to the 2nd round. I still say he goes first, although it's more likely now that he goes in the 20-30 range.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
This thread was part of the hoax, wasn't it?

Sorry... had to be done.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tyke1doe;4970305 said:

:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
tm1119;4961454 said:
Yeah Te'o is the softest so called star MLB I've ever seen. He got over hyped because he happened to be in the right place at the right time for a bunch of INT's. 5.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 0 FF and only 55 solo tackles are all very unimpressive stats for a 1st round MLB.

ND changed their scheme this past year. They used Te'o to fill gaps rather then scrape and make plays, which is what he did for ND in past years. Look at his numbers in 2011 and 2010. Huge difference between then and last year. I don't love the guy and I would rather see us take somebody else but if you are looking for a guy who can shed and tackle, he's very good at that.

RS12

Reaction score
Scouts reaction to Te'o story 'very negative'

According to ESPN's Todd McShay, the initial reaction among NFL scouts has been "very negative" to Wednesday's revelation that Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o's allegedly deceased girlfriend never existed.
McShay is in Los Angeles for this week's NFLPA bowl, a postseason all-star game with 70-plus scouts in attendance. "It was amazing," McShay said. "You could kind of sense everyone in the stands watching practice starting to read their phones and the story regarding Te'o. And within 20 minutes from the end of practice I had spoken to more than ten NFL scouts, all coming up to me asking if I had more information. ... The initial reaction was very negative. But in the long run, NFL teams have their own security departments. And they're going to get to the bottom of this story. They are relentless in pursuit of truth."

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
With the move to the 4-3 we are more then set at LB with Ware, Lee, Carter, Sims and hopefully by a miracle Spencer.