Manti Te'o

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
LB is not as pressing as need as everything else we have.

rags747

Reaction score
After seeing him vs Bama no way I want him + LB is not our biggest need.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4961621 said:
So we're moving to a scheme that requires LESS Linebackers, and we should draft ... a linebacker?

:facepalm:

I like a rookie OLB to replace Albright who should be depth and not a starter. We need a DT much much more though. I don't like Ratliff at the nose anymore.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
No thanks! Albright showed me he can play some football, I want to see more.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4963885 said:
It's not even CLOSE to being a need at this point.
Considering the fact that neither Lee or Carter has stayed healthy, Albright and Wilbur are serious question marks, and Connor does not have anywhere close the the athletic ability required in a cover 2 scheme, yes it is.

Say Lee gets hurt.

That probably leaves us with Wilbur - Carter - Albright at LB.

I would be horribly uncomfortable with that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
AKATheRake;4961494 said:
I'll take either of Geno Smith or Matt Barkley if they fell that far.

They won't, but I would if they did. Would not hesitate.

Andrew Luck comes once ever 10 - 15 years. Griffin isn't as good as made to be. Luck is.

In saying this, Smith and Barkley are more talented than currently being said.

Since neither will be there, I go d-line first, o-line 2nd.

Nevermind this bum of a LB.

Barkley will drop that fall and will probably drop out of the first round. That being said, I would not draft him in the first or second. I don't think Dallas should draft him at all. He is not an NFL talent in my opinion.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Future;4965475 said:
Considering the fact that neither Lee or Carter has stayed healthy, Albright and Wilbur are serious question marks, and Connor does not have anywhere close the the athletic ability required in a cover 2 scheme, yes it is.

Say Lee gets hurt.

That probably leaves us with Wilbur - Carter - Albright at LB.

I would be horribly uncomfortable with that.

So we should draft a backup "incase Lee gets hurt" instead of drafting starters?

Again, LB is not even CLOSE to being a need on this team right now. Not a need that requires a first round pick.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4965626 said:
So we should draft a backup "incase Lee gets hurt" instead of drafting starters?

Again, LB is not even CLOSE to being a need on this team right now. Not a need that requires a first round pick.
No.

You draft a guy who is a capable starter, so that the position becomes one of the elite groups in the entire league and when one guy gets hurt, it remains a strength.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
If we're going LB round 1, Ogletree is the guy you want. His speed and athleticism would fit much better in a Kiffin system than Te'o.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Future;4965730 said:
No.

You draft a guy who is a capable starter, so that the position becomes one of the elite groups in the entire league and when one guy gets hurt, it remains a strength.

Unbelievable.

You must be a ND fan? I'm a ND fan and I love Teo, but LB is nowhere NEAR the need that OL, DL, and safety are.

We have some young LB's on the roster. You have to give them a shot to earn that job or else drafting anyone outside the 1st round is a waste of freaking time.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4966061 said:
Unbelievable.

You must be a ND fan? I'm a ND fan and I love Teo, but LB is nowhere NEAR the need that OL, DL, and safety are.

We have some young LB's on the roster. You have to give them a shot to earn that job or else drafting anyone outside the 1st round is a waste of freaking time.
I'm not an ND fan, and I'd rather have OGletree than Te'o...

I don't like the young LBs on the roster. I don't like Albright seeing significant time, and I don't think that Wilbur showed anything at all this season. Considering the fact that its not that difficult to find solid players at safety, OL, and DL in rounds 2-4, why not grab a playmaker at LB, a spot where we don't have 3 quality starters at right now?

I'm not saying that LB is necessarily a greater need than OL/DL/S, but if a guy slips to 18, you can make that pick and still get those other guys later.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
LB isn't a position of need for us. We need true DE'S, a safety(possibly 2) and O linemen not more linebackers.

RS12

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
“@Tyson_McKyle: @BryanBroaddus Cowboys Have Any Interest In Manti Te'o?” Didn't get a great vibe there.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4961102 said:
The general consensus around league scouts is that Manti will be drafted between 15-25. With us moving to the 4-3, would you draft him if he was available? Could be more realistic than you would think.

You know league scouts? LOL i doubt Te'o would get past the top 10 picks

The Realist

Reaction score
I doubt he falls that far.

I hate the 4-3 but Teo, Lee, Carter would make me love it.

That "not very dynamic player" only had more picks than our D this year.

TXCowboyVol

Reaction score
Assuming with first 3 picks, we addressed Guard, Safety, DL...would ya??

Imagine....Will Carter......Mike Lee.....Sam Te'o