Many people are blaming the Jones but they are teaching Dak a lesson

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm rarely if ever on the side of the owner when it comes to the Cowboys. They make mistake after mistake and rely on fans to blame the players for their incompetence. You could have Dak extended at a discount right now in comparison to the rest of the league, and you could be getting Lamb done before other WR's like Chase set the going rate.
Things like extending Jaylon Smith and Zeke before getting Dak done. Trading A Coop away for nothing and seeing that the contract we had him on was actually solid in comparison to others of his caliber.
Paying TP $10M but not being willing to pay Derrick Henry. Paying Dalton Schultz $10M when we now see Ferguson is actually better than him.
I can go on and on and on and on.
Teach Dak a lesson? wow
Excellent points....................the decisions this organization have made over the past couple of seasons are truly head scratchers.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Complete joke of thinking by the FO. I knew it was over after the 49ers game blow out. Went into bye and ignore the trade deadline and thought they was good. No one can make this stuff up. This team isn't serious at all.
when complete joke is how the other 31 FO's describe this one...yeah thats the problem..our FO thinks its good to be the punch line on ESPN everyday.."Bad press is good press!!!" yeah not so much ickead!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
They tell Dak, players go where the money is. He refuses to budge and expects top dollar. They don’t like 3 early exits recently and no deep playoff runs in 8 years. Here…we…go.

They tell him to waive trade clause or Conditional tag, so we can get to high round picks for him. He will, of course refuses.

Then they will say OK you Dak hold all the cards…for now.

Fast forward to TODAY. No free agents. Dak WILL NOW Carry the team at 60 million UNDER CURRENT CONTRACT. You have a top wr, a top pass rusher, a cb. A good 12-5 roster. We will get players in the draft to fill in those who leave. Ownership refuses to mortgage the future. Dak will be the difference maker.

THE POINT IS TO SHOW HIM THAT WINNERS LIKE BRADY AND PAT TAKE LESS MONEY TO WIN. IT HELPS THEM WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Draft happens, fill holes with players. Time will tell.

See you at training camp. Once training camp starts, I assume dak wins the competition. I doubt lance plays 20% better to take daks job.

Season starts.
Case1: If he is .500 (rough start) AND LANCE PLAYED SOLID, ownership tells him to the waive the trade clause. He of course does not. bench him for the season to go with Trey Lance, the rest of the way. New coaches have a good cap and a good start.
Case2: Dak plays average. Play him until playoffs are out of reach and start lance. He walks after season.
Case3: He plays hero ball. Pay the 3 years/180 m you were gonna give him anyway. They want to make him earn it.

Marino took the money and never won. Elway gave up money and won 2x. So did Tommy and Pat. Dak has to decide if he want to walk in the footsteps of champions or Kirk Cousins.

I am on board with ownership’s hardline here. Prove it or we clean house. They just want results and to meet in the middle.
Dak is not the GM. But, his Dak's agent is better than the Jonesboys GM.

What lesson is Jerry Jones going to teach Dak Prescott being a 30 year failure as a GM and defacto Head Coach since firing Jimmy Johnson.

Lesson learned, Dak is paid by a GM that has not and is not trying to win Super Bowls.

Irv88

Reaction score
Like I (OP) said a few weeks ago, you gotta earn it.

No contract extension.

Results matter. Jones wants accountability and wins.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe Dak is being taught a lesson, but not on purpose.
Maybe Jethro is learning from his mistakes.

Dak's agent was the one giving out lessons. I am sure new GM's study GM Jethro, on what mistakes not to make.

SBWinner

Reaction score
Dak's agent is seeking a series of short contracts at a time to maximize his value as QB salaries continue to rise higher than other positions. It is a smart move, and the Cowboys are smart not to play that game. Get at least 5 years to manage the cap, or look for other options. I think the result we see this year with Dak were to be expected, looking back on it, given how each side is playing the issue. I expect the Cowboys to renegotiate next year, and if Dak wants top QB money without playoff wins, the Cowboys will move on to other options. There is Lance, the draft, and free agency. They suspect with a bevy of new young stars and their recent draft success that they can reload the team with cheaper players and pay players with high positional value. If they do this, they increase their chances of winning. But if they resign Dak to a max deal, then they haven't learned anything...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak's agent is seeking a series of short contracts at a time to maximize his value as QB salaries continue to rise higher than other positions. It is a smart move, and the Cowboys are smart not to play that game. Get at least 5 years to manage the cap, or look for other options. I think the result we see this year with Dak were to be expected, looking back on it, given how each side is playing the issue. I expect the Cowboys to renegotiate next year, and if Dak wants top QB money without playoff wins, the Cowboys will move on to other options. There is Lance, the draft, and free agency. They suspect with a bevy of new young stars and their recent draft success that they can reload the team with cheaper players and pay players with high positional value. If they do this, they increase their chances of winning. But if they resign Dak to a max deal, then they haven't learned anything...
No. The Cowboys would be smart to sign it without a no trade clause. Then simple trade him.