Many people are blaming the Jones but they are teaching Dak a lesson

Hadenough

Reaction score
After Dak performance the last 3 years in the playoffs he doesn't want to make it there anymore. It gets worse for him each year.
Jones are letting him play out this year and will be getting rid of him and coaches next year.

egn22

Reaction score
I'm rarely if ever on the side of the owner when it comes to the Cowboys. They make mistake after mistake and rely on fans to blame the players for their incompetence. You could have Dak extended at a discount right now in comparison to the rest of the league, and you could be getting Lamb done before other WR's like Chase set the going rate.
Things like extending Jaylon Smith and Zeke before getting Dak done. Trading A Coop away for nothing and seeing that the contract we had him on was actually solid in comparison to others of his caliber.
Paying TP $10M but not being willing to pay Derrick Henry. Paying Dalton Schultz $10M when we now see Ferguson is actually better than him.
I can go on and on and on and on.
Teach Dak a lesson? wow

Toro9

Reaction score
Reverse psychology on a 31-year old man? I doubt they're all that concerned. Dak is the guy until he's 40, or retires.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
They tell Dak, players go where the money is. He refuses to budge and expects top dollar. They don’t like 3 early exits recently and no deep playoff runs in 8 years. Here…we…go.

They tell him to waive trade clause or Conditional tag, so we can get to high round picks for him. He will, of course refuses.

Then they will say OK you Dak hold all the cards…for now.

Fast forward to TODAY. No free agents. Dak WILL NOW Carry the team at 60 million UNDER CURRENT CONTRACT. You have a top wr, a top pass rusher, a cb. A good 12-5 roster. We will get players in the draft to fill in those who leave. Ownership refuses to mortgage the future. Dak will be the difference maker.

THE POINT IS TO SHOW HIM THAT WINNERS LIKE BRADY AND PAT TAKE LESS MONEY TO WIN. IT HELPS THEM WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Draft happens, fill holes with players. Time will tell.

See you at training camp. Once training camp starts, I assume dak wins the competition. I doubt lance plays 20% better to take daks job.

Season starts.
Case1: If he is .500 (rough start) AND LANCE PLAYED SOLID, ownership tells him to the waive the trade clause. He of course does not. bench him for the season to go with Trey Lance, the rest of the way. New coaches have a good cap and a good start.
Case2: Dak plays average. Play him until playoffs are out of reach and start lance. He walks after season.
Case3: He plays hero ball. Pay the 3 years/180 m you were gonna give him anyway. They want to make him earn it.

Marino took the money and never won. Elway gave up money and won 2x. So did Tommy and Pat. Dak has to decide if he want to walk in the footsteps of champions or Kirk Cousins.

I am on board with ownership’s hardline here. Prove it or we clean house. They just want results and to meet in the middle.
Oh for the love of god please. Stop defending anything they do because they don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

They haven’t proved **** in 29 years. It’s not like they are this forward looking, cutting edge, calculating, astute owners.

Charlotte Jones is the only savior of this organization. Everybody else is wannabe , narcisstic trash and yes - it hurts me to say that after 56 years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They tell Dak, players go where the money is. He refuses to budge and expects top dollar. They don’t like 3 early exits recently and no deep playoff runs in 8 years. Here…we…go.

They tell him to waive trade clause or Conditional tag, so we can get to high round picks for him. He will, of course refuses.

Then they will say OK you Dak hold all the cards…for now.

Fast forward to TODAY. No free agents. Dak WILL NOW Carry the team at 60 million UNDER CURRENT CONTRACT. You have a top wr, a top pass rusher, a cb. A good 12-5 roster. We will get players in the draft to fill in those who leave. Ownership refuses to mortgage the future. Dak will be the difference maker.

THE POINT IS TO SHOW HIM THAT WINNERS LIKE BRADY AND PAT TAKE LESS MONEY TO WIN. IT HELPS THEM WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Draft happens, fill holes with players. Time will tell.

See you at training camp. Once training camp starts, I assume dak wins the competition. I doubt lance plays 20% better to take daks job.

Season starts.
Case1: If he is .500 (rough start) AND LANCE PLAYED SOLID, ownership tells him to the waive the trade clause. He of course does not. bench him for the season to go with Trey Lance, the rest of the way. New coaches have a good cap and a good start.
Case2: Dak plays average. Play him until playoffs are out of reach and start lance. He walks after season.
Case3: He plays hero ball. Pay the 3 years/180 m you were gonna give him anyway. They want to make him earn it.

Marino took the money and never won. Elway gave up money and won 2x. So did Tommy and Pat. Dak has to decide if he want to walk in the footsteps of champions or Kirk Cousins.

I am on board with ownership’s hardline here. Prove it or we clean house. They just want results and to meet in the middle.
You Dak focusers are letting 28 years of bad FO off the hook ...you dont like Dak ..cool i dont care, its Jerry..you really need to figure this out.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This org is a joke. It took me years to finally realize this. They have zero clue on what they are doing. We should've had 2-3 rings post Aikman. 1-2 with Romo and 1 with Dak. But this team pulls mess like this yearly. Then under value key positions groups every year. Once all said and done they wonder why they always fall short in the playoffs every year.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You Dak focusers are letting 28 years of bad FO off the hook ...you dont like Dak ..cool i don't care, its Jerry..you really need to figure this out.
Once Dak is gone they'll find another poster boy to take the blame....The only constant for 28 years of failure is the Joneses.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This org is a joke. It took me years to finally realize this. They have zero clue on what they are doing. We should've had 2-3 rings post Aikman. 1-2 with Romo and 1 with Dak. But this team pulls mess like this yearly. Then under value key positions groups every year. Once all said and done they wonder why they always fall short in the playoffs every year.
Who lets their team play all season minus linebackers???? Jerry Jones that's who. Yet all I hear is Dak.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If it was truly all about teaching Dak a lesson, then we should see Stephen and Jerry get super active and aggressive in free agency for the next Cowboys rookie QB who comes along. If we don't see them attempting to sign at least mid to respectable free agents to the team within the first 2 or 3 seasons of the next rookie QB's contract. And don't see them get active within the first days of free agency in which the best players are available during and throughout the next QB's first few seasons on the team, then Cowboys fans just have to accept that we are never going to see a front office who is aggressive in free agency. Not for a long as the Jones family owns this franchise.

But some need hope to cling to, so therefore all we can do is wish that they are just trying to ride out Dak's contract, rather than this just because the way that they'll forever run this team no matter who the QB of it is.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Like why is Dak the one that needs to be taught a lesson. Look, yall gotta stop carrying the Jones family's water man.
exactly at this point the "Daksters" are the enablers of the jones..."I hate Dak so 28 years of Jerry has been good"...*** wake up it aint the 5th 6th QB this guy has had...its him

lostar2009

Reaction score
Who lets their team play all season minus linebackers???? Jerry Jones that's who. Yet all I hear is Dak.
Right, recall when they refuse to draft or obtain a quality safety while we play Jeff Heath? All the years they skip over OL and DL help? But they loved a DB or a shinny new WR. Tbh they never really valued the QB position either. Romo and Dak has been nothing but pure luck.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Right, recall when they refuse to draft or obtain a quality safety while we play Jeff Heath? All the years they skip over OL and DL help? But they loved a DB or a shinny new WR. Tbh they never really valued the QB position either. Romo and Dak has been nothing but pure luck.
Then we trade for Trance instead of a LB and carry over $10M. Apparently everyone knew we needed a LB except the Jones'.

For some reason they thought LVE was going to make throw 17+ games.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Then we trade for Trance instead of a LB and carry over $10M. Apparently everyone knew we needed a LB except the Jones'.

For some reason they thought LVE was going to make throw 17+ games.
Complete joke of thinking by the FO. I knew it was over after the 49ers game blow out. Went into bye and ignore the trade deadline and thought they was good. No one can make this stuff up. This team isn't serious at all.