Many posters on this site think we may end up

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
neosapien23 said:
Say what you want, but there were alot of fans that didn't want Marco Rivera. You can't give a 32 year old guard that kind of signing bonus. As for Ferguson, he lost his starting job to small pass rushing DT. That is what we call a turd. Once he got paid. he puffed up and turded out. Henry, Bledsoe, and Glenn though were all great signings.

Well I think given the amount of money we paid both Rivera and Ferguson that we have to give both another season to fix their games before we go drumming up a replacement.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I pretty much well agree with everything you have said here but if Ngata slides to #18, that is the pick. You don't let dominant players like that slip if they miraculously fall to you. In reality, he is likely a top 10 pick and should probably be on the cusp of top 5.
I agree with you... But would Parcells do it and in effect admit a mistake on one of his old players to whom he just gave a ton of money? I doubt it...

Frankly, I hope Ngata is already gone when we pick so we don't have to find out the answer... :(

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Parcells was real high on Pepper Jr. Johnson last fall. He'll take Glover's place.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I'd look at Maake Kemoteau as a potential FA.

I wouldn't be opposed to raiding the Ravens roster of free agents actually.

Kemoteau, Demps and Bart Scott would all be great additions.

neosapien23

Reaction score
junk said:

Is Scott an UFA or is he restricted? How much does he weigh in at?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Say what you want, but there were alot of fans that didn't want Marco Rivera. You can't give a 32 year old guard that kind of signing bonus. As for Ferguson, he lost his starting job to small pass rushing DT. That is what we call a turd. Once he got paid. he puffed up and turded out. Henry, Bledsoe, and Glenn though were all great signings.

Parcells and Jerry brought in FAs to help improve the roster, and missed on a couple, although 1 year is still too early to tell...that's life, can't fault them for trying

btw, we outbid the Jets by 1 mil in bonus money for Ferg, and Detroit was offering near the same for Rivera, so it's not like we jumped the gun on these guys, we actually had to bid for their services

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Is Scott an UFA or is he restricted? How much does he weigh in at?

Scott is an unrestricted free agent. Took over for Ray Lewis in the middle this year. He is 6'2", 240.

He'll be 26 in August.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
aardvark said:
Too small... Seattle's DL is the smallish, quick first step, swarm to the ball type... Not suited for our D. Trade Glover to Seattle for a 2nd rounder if Dallas is really interested in moving him... He would fit their DL very nicely and only make it better.

Maybe Dallas can then go out and get Grady Jackson if he's available. He's a big run stuffer type lineman. But only if he can keep his weight under 785 lbs.

He is listed at 293 but clearly the guy is about 315-320 LBS go look at him no way he is the list weight. I do not think at 6'3 and at that weight he is too small to play in our scheme...I think he will want too much $$$.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
junk said:

I do like these guys could be a smart look-see!!

ddh33

Reaction score
Are we all assuming way too quickly that Glover is gone? Is it possible that he restructures some to stay in Dallas?