Marcellus Wiley off his meds

Adreme

Reaction score
Not what he wants though. I feel he may be in Dallas but for a significantly lower price then he is asking.

He is going to get what he wants. The only question is over whether Dallas is willing to do it. They could have had him for 35 2 years ago but now it will likely cost 40+. That is what the market dictates. That is why good organizations extend players AHEAD of time to avoid this exact scenario because they know the price ALWAYS goes up.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He is going to get what he wants. The only question is over whether Dallas is willing to do it. They could have had him for 35 2 years ago but now it will likely cost 40+. That is what the market dictates. That is why good organizations extend players AHEAD of time to avoid this exact scenario because they know the price ALWAYS goes up.

That's what's so hard for people to understand. It's not a question of what Dak may or may not be worth; it's what the market dictates. When you find a QB, you keep him. Dallas screwed up a couple years ago and now it'll come back to bite them.

blumayne38

Reaction score
That's what's so hard for people to understand. It's not a question of what Dak may or may not be worth; it's what the market dictates. When you find a QB, you keep him. Dallas screwed up a couple years ago and now it'll come back to bite them.
I just don’t get this...how is it that a team has to be strapped to a player?

HungryLion

Reaction score
And paying dak 40 mill to not be the same guy or even worse is less risky. I’m with you. It’s nothing personal with dak. It’s just as risky to give him the money as it is to not.

Both situations carry risk. Sure. I’m just glad you can be straight about it.

Some people seem to think it’s a slam dunk the cowboys will draft a QB and won’t skip a beat as far as production from the QB position.

both situations carry risk.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Both situations carry risk. Sure. I’m just glad you can be straight about it.

Some people seem to think it’s a slam dunk the cowboys will draft a QB and won’t skip a beat as far as production from the QB position.

both situations carry risk.
Now this is a good post.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Is this post was a stat line for a game 566 pass yards 25/56 with a 92.7 QBR 75-60 loss. We are on the way!!! I’m losing it. You win. That’s not how any of this works :muttley:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
the defense in 2018 was the main reason the cowboys got bounced from the playoffs.

in the game the cowboys were eliminated..... they gave up 30 points and over 280 yards rushing. They also forced zero turnovers in 2 playoff games.

that’s not good defense. Not at all. No QB wins a super bowl with a defense playing like that in the playoffs.

If the cowboys draft a QB. Then so be it. But no matter who they have at QB. That kind of defensive play isn’t going to win a super bowl. I don’t care if Pat Mahomes is the QB.

But in 2018 the defense and running game got us to the playoff. For a fanbase obsessed with stats didnt Zeke run for most yards?

Agree that we wont win any SB's with this defense. The problem is how long it will take to improve it enough to be able to challenge.

This years (excellent) draft has shown how long it takes most non-first round picks take to develop.... Digg looks a very good prospect, but it wont be for another say 2 years before he's a lockdown CB.

Im not saying that signing Dak (long term, paid in signing bonus and overcoming the next two years of CAP hell) isnt a viable course to take....I agree it is. However the opposing view that we spend so much on this offense and that a good (or even decent) QB (veteran or rookie) whilst giving up some offensive output will allow the defense to strengthen is also viable.

Its the denial from Dak Obsessives to acknowledge: there are options other than Dak, the CAP issues over the next two years, the help our QB's get from our overall offense, making out that he's some excellent game winner which we cant afford not to have ....IS JUST WRONG.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Right but you said I said something about Dak? Where?

Its your immediate inference and insecurities that someone mentioning Lawrence is referring to a QB and then your subsequent defensive support of Dak as you see Trevor as a threat.

Your original response was trying to pick up on my point that i'd actually probably pick a defensive player in the first round and how i'd manage on getting Lawrence in the second round.

Im not that concerned at needing a 'franchise' or yard making QB. Balanced teams win SB's....hence only 2 of the last 10 QB's to play in the SB were in the top 10 paid QB's.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Its your immediate inference and insecurities that someone mentioning Lawrence is referring to a QB and then your subsequent defensive support of Dak as you see Trevor as a threat.

Your original response was trying to pick up on my point that i'd actually probably pick a defensive player in the first round and how i'd manage on getting Lawrence in the second round.

Im not that concerned at needing a 'franchise' or yard making QB. Balanced teams win SB's....hence only 2 of the last 10 QB's to play in the SB were in the top 10 paid QB's.

And how many of those QB's were top 10 QB's? 90%? You need one. Brady has probably won half of them and he took a bargain deal. Sorry, that theory is garbage.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We may have "looked worse" but we won 1 game with Dak on a fluke. He and Dalton combined to win the Giants game and we beat Minnesota with Dalton.

We are getting similar team results regardless if it's Dak on the field or Dalton in their first four games.

They both go as the team around them goes.

I'll admit Dak's L's are a lot prettier.

So are you now claiming that Dalton is better than Dak again? :lmao2::lmao::lmao:
Similar results? Our offense was scoring 37 per game with Dak and setting all time NFL records. QB's dont play defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
But in 2018 the defense and running game got us to the playoff. For a fanbase obsessed with stats didnt Zeke run for most yards?

Agree that we wont win any SB's with this defense. The problem is how long it will take to improve it enough to be able to challenge.

This years (excellent) draft has shown how long it takes most non-first round picks take to develop.... Digg looks a very good prospect, but it wont be for another say 2 years before he's a lockdown CB.

Im not saying that signing Dak (long term, paid in signing bonus and overcoming the next two years of CAP hell) isnt a viable course to take....I agree it is. However the opposing view that we spend so much on this offense and that a good (or even decent) QB (veteran or rookie) whilst giving up some offensive output will allow the defense to strengthen is also viable.

Its the denial from Dak Obsessives to acknowledge: there are options other than Dak, the CAP issues over the next two years, the help our QB's get from our overall offense, making out that he's some excellent game winner which we cant afford not to have ....IS JUST WRONG.

It wasn’t just the defense that got us into the playoffs. Yes Zeke was playing well. But Dak was playing really well down the stretch that year too in the second half when the team went 7-1.

I understand the argument about cap space allotment. I really do. There is a reasonable consideration to be made, on whether Dak is worth a particular cap hit or not.

I just can’t stand the fans who give him no credit, or claim he is “average” or don’t want to be honest about the fact that finding QB’s as good as Dak, at the NFL level is hard. I mean some franchises literally spend decades trying to find a QB as good as Dak is. That’s why QB’s of his caliber get paid so much in the first place.

We have to be aware of that fact and the risks involved with drafting another QB. Even recognizing that hey, there’s risks associated with paying him long term

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And how many of those QB's were top 10 QB's? 90%? You need one. Brady has probably won half of them and he took a bargain deal. Sorry, that theory is garbage.

Another Dak Obsessive living in denial.

The list is made up of players on their rookie deals and yes Brady who accepted that winning was more important than money..... it still doesnt decry from the fact that having a QB taking up so much of the CAP isnt a strategy for success.

Teams win, not highly paid QB's.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It wasn’t just the defense that got us into the playoffs. Yes Zeke was playing well. But Dak was playing really well down the stretch that year too in the second half when the team went 7-1.

I understand the argument about cap space allotment. I really do. There is a reasonable consideration to be made, on whether Dak is worth a particular cap hit or not.

I just can’t stand the fans who give him no credit, or claim he is “average” or don’t want to be honest about the fact that finding QB’s as good as Dak, at the NFL level is hard. I mean some franchises literally spend decades trying to find a QB as good as Dak is. That’s why QB’s of his caliber get paid so much in the first place.

We have to be aware of that fact and the risks involved with drafting another QB. Even recognizing that hey, there’s risks associated with paying him long term

I'm on the fence as my signature confesses. If you look at this board you've got the obvious Trolls who are finding it entertaining to deliberately wind up Dak fans and there's the Dak Obsessive who overrate Dak and how much reliance is placed on a QB/

@CowboyinMD post sums it up, we'll have a top 5 pick and it MAY be time to draw a line on the Dak years (not because of his abilities, but because we just arent going to win in the next 2/3 years due to the composition of the roster).

It will be an interesting off season and I expect Dak is signed (hopefully for on a longer contract), however, if he hasnt signed by the draft i'm convinced we'd have no alternative other than drafting a QB with the first round and looking at trading the draftee or tag and trading Dak (Indianapolis are a perfect fit).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So I assumed you were speaking on Lawrence.....which in your mind is a indirect way of of supporting Dak even though I never mentioned Dak once? Interesting theory. So smart its dumb......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Another Dak Obsessive living in denial.

The list is made up of players on their rookie deals and yes Brady who accepted that winning was more important than money..... it still doesnt decry from the fact that having a QB taking up so much of the CAP isnt a strategy for success.

Teams win, not highly paid QB's.
Looking at your post history all of your posts are about Dak yet you are calling others "obsessive" over Dak? Pot calling the kettle.............