Marcellus Wiley off his meds

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another Dak Obsessive living in denial.

The list is made up of players on their rookie deals and yes Brady who accepted that winning was more important than money..... it still doesnt decry from the fact that having a QB taking up so much of the CAP isnt a strategy for success.

Teams win, not highly paid QB's.

I hate to break it to you, but we dont have the defense for a rookie to have success here. Teams win with great QB's, they dont win with rookie QB's and horrible defenses.

You Dak haters are just going to have to swallow your pride. You were all dead wrong about Dak and hes going to be here for a long time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I had to stop there. Wentz did pretty well his rookie season before he got hurt. Goff beat Dak h2h in the divisional. You’re points are good but you’re homerism is just to much when it comes to dak.

Did you miss the part where I said that they both have had stretches where they played better than Dak but overall he has been better? Neither fact is really open for debate. Dak has been the better player to date. Goff and Wentz have had moments.. or hot streaks.. Dak has simply been better that's why he has a higher passer rating, a higher QBR, a higher completion percentage and most importantly a higher winning percentage. Dak has 7 more career wins than Goff and 11 more than Wentz.. which means that even if they both go undefeated the rest of this season they can't catch him. To me that says "Dak is better" .. loud and clear. Throw in that Dak played for easily the worst coaching of the three and has had the least defensive support and that about seals it.

And it's "YOUR" not you're."

blumayne38

Reaction score
So are you now claiming that Dalton is better than Dak again? :lmao2::lmao::lmao:
Similar results? Our offense was scoring 37 per game with Dak and setting all time NFL records. QB's dont play defense.
And losing, dak was the king of three and outs.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I said that they both have had stretches where they played better than Dak but overall he has been better? Neither fact is really open for debate. Dak has been the better player to date. Goff and Wentz have had moments.. or hot streaks.. Dak has simply been better that's why he has a higher passer rating, a higher QBR, a higher completion percentage and most importantly a higher winning percentage. Dak has 7 more career wins than Goff and 11 more than Wentz.. which means that even if they both go undefeated the rest of this season they can't catch him. To me that says "Dak is better" .. loud and clear. Throw in that Dak played for easily the worst coaching of the three and has had the least defensive support and that about seals it.

And it's "YOUR" not you're."
I apologize

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Looking at your post history all of your posts are about Dak yet you are calling others "obsessive" over Dak? Pot calling the kettle.............

Go read my post on page 11 or my signature.

I'm actually on the fence and can see all sides (other than a 3 year deal), but this obsession from some who have to defend Dak ON EVERY COUNT, is, in my view ridiculous. It appears that some on here are Dak, not Cowboy fans, I also acknowledge that there are Trolls who love to wind up the fans.

Ive seen that if you're not 100% in favor of Dak, the Dak Obsessive's strike and lump you as a Dak Hater, as I say read @CowboyinMD 's post for an acurate and erudite appraisal of the situation.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but we dont have the defense for a rookie to have success here. Teams win with great QB's, they dont win with rookie QB's and horrible defenses.

You Dak haters are just going to have to swallow your pride. You were all dead wrong about Dak and hes going to be here for a long time.
Im sorry to break it to you, however:

1) We dont have the defense for ANY QB to have success, therefore the argument is ....why try over the next two/three years, skip paying $40m on a QB as it wont make any difference.
2) Teams DON'T necessarily win with GREAT QB's. Great TEAMS are much more likely to succeed, you're only as good as your greatest weakness.
3) The fact that Garappolo, Wentz, Mahomes, Newton all got to SB's on rookie deals counters your point about winning rookies.
4) You totally miss my point about QB's, im saying about CAP % as being the issue not the league of tenure.
5) Dak hater????? Im no Dak Hater.....and you are the very type of poster ive just referred to above....if a poster doesnt 100% agree with the position of sign Dak 'regardless' you call him a "HATER".
6) I have no problem with a long deal, so long as we (and by 'we' I mean the Cowboys) can structure it away from the CAP in years 2021/22.
7) Just because I accept that there is another view that's equally beneficial (in the long/medium term) .... building up the O-Line depth and Overhauling the Defense (maybe drafting a QB, BUT THAT'S A SECONDARY CONCERN) doesnt mean im a Dak Hater, it means i'm open to options rather than what we've done for the last 10/20 years .....maybe its a time to start again?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak was on a record-setting pace before he was injured. Why does nobody appreciate this?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak was on a record-setting pace before he was injured. Why does nobody appreciate this?

People do appreciate him....but yards don't necessarily equate to wins and some prefer wins REGARDLESS OF WHO'S THE QB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Im sorry to break it to you, however:

1) We dont have the defense for ANY QB to have success, therefore the argument is ....why try over the next two/three years, skip paying $40m on a QB as it wont make any difference.
2) Teams DON'T necessarily win with GREAT QB's. Great TEAMS are much more likely to succeed, you're only as good as your greatest weakness.
3) The fact that Garappolo, Wentz, Mahomes, Newton all got to SB's on rookie deals counters your point about winning rookies.

Winning as rookies is not the same as winning on a rookie deal. Those are two different arguments.

1) Garappolo was NOT on his rookie deal last year.. and he lost..
2) Cam was not on his rookie deal either. The Panthers extended him before the 2015 season.. and he also lost
3) Wentz watched the Super Bowl just like you and me. And after seeing him crumble when the lights shine brightest does anyone here honestly believe his getting injured and letting Foles take over wasn't the best thing that could have happened to the Eagles?
4) Russell Wilson would have been a better example.. He was on a rookie deal, and won the game.. big..
5) For every QB that gets the Super Bowl on his rookie deal I can show you five who were NOT. Other than using it to justify wanting to be rid of Dak I can't understand why people keep citing it as some sure fire magic formula for winning. Yes it HAS worked.. but so has keeping a good QB when you get one and building around him. It's an inarguable fact the latter has worked far more often than the former.

4) You totally miss my point about QB's, im saying about CAP % as being the issue not the league of tenure.
5) Dak hater????? Im no Dak Hater.....and you are the very type of poster ive just referred to above....if a poster doesnt 100% agree with the position of sign Dak 'regardless' you call him a "HATER".
6) I have no problem with a long deal, so long as we (and by 'we' I mean the Cowboys) can structure it away from the CAP in years 2021/22.
7) Just because I accept that there is another view that's equally beneficial (in the long/medium term) .... building up the O-Line depth and Overhauling the Defense (maybe drafting a QB, BUT THAT'S A SECONDARY CONCERN) doesnt mean im a Dak Hater, it means i'm open to options rather than what we've done for the last 10/20 years .....maybe its a time to start again?

We agree that signing Dak to anything shorter than a 4 year deal would be cap suicide. For cap purposes the longer the better. I want Dak here because he is on a trajectory that has him being a top 5 QB in the league for the next decade. I have no interest in trying to trade my girlfriend who is a 9 but a 10 with make up for the hot chick who looks great from afar but when she gets close up I see the make up covering up her zits and then I notice her fake boobs, fake hair and veneers on her teeth. Frankly I trust this front office to build a defense more than I trust them to draft and develop a QB. The Joneses have built a defense that ranked #1 in points allowed three times in their 30 year tenure and have had a top 10 scoring defense 11 times. However they have not done so well at finding QBs. They have pretty much lucked into all three. Aikman was the no brainer #1 pick when they took over.. Romo only came to Dallas to work with Sean Payton and we know how they backed into Dak.. Maybe they're due to get one right again.. but history says they won't and as I keep saying, drafting a QB #1 does absolutely nothing to help the defense.

blumayne38

Reaction score
If you read my post I didn't JUST compare Murray to Dak. I compared ALL the first round QBs to come into the league since Dak, including the ones from his draft, to Dak. The only one who has outperformed Dak is Mahomes and the only other one even on Dak's level is Watson. The rest either have not ascended to Dak's level yet or in the case of Paxton Lynch, Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold, probably never will. Come to think of it you could probably say the same about Goff and Wentz. Though they have had stretches where they have played better than Dak, overall Dak has been better and he was certainly the best of that group this season. Lamar Jackson had a great run last year but has regressed badly this year. The jury foreman had almost handed in the card on him but had to pull it back after the playoff meltdown and subsequent stinker season he is having now. He now ranks firmly below Dak too where I might have been inclined to rank him ahead of Dak last year.

I have been consistent in my stance that Dak has earned his deal. But he and his camp need to recognize that whatever deal he signs needs to help with the cap. Otherwise there is no point in keeping him as the team will crumble around him and he will spend the next 5 years trying to carry a team of rookies and castoffs. Basically Romo 2.0. If he doesn't have to sense to see that then I don't want him here because he will have shown himself to prioritize money and ego over team and winning. That's never really been who he is.. so I honestly don't expect it now. But the Joneses can't come with some cockamamie 80 cents on the dollar offer with basically a two year guarantee and BS signing bonus that's half what others have received. They need to come correct.. make the dollars match Dak's value then work with the agent to construct the contract in such a way that we have room to maneuver under the cap. It may be difficult .. but who cares? That's what they (Stephen and the agent) get paid to do.. so go do it.
Dak is not savior or great QB waiting to return. He has had issues his entire career. Dallas does a good job of keeping him with in the system and Within his own limits. Because he does have limits. Will he ever improve in accuracy I say no...maybe mechanics maybe decision making. But he is what he is when it comes to throwing the rock.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak is not savior or great QB waiting to return. He has had issues his entire career. Dallas does a good job of keeping him with in the system and Within his own limits. Because he does have limits. Will he ever improve in accuracy I say no...maybe mechanics maybe decision making. But he is what he is when it comes to throwing the rock.

LMAO.. so some youtuber showing us games from two and three years ago is now the final word on Dak. Dude that's desperate even for you. This guy doesn't even take it seriously enough to buy the All-22 so you can see the full end zone views of the game. He's friggin watching TV copy and runnin his yap. GTFOH. Any moron watching TV can claim "I saw this or I saw that" but unless you're standing at field level you simply have no idea what the hell the players see. Dink and dunk? You mean the guy who was leading the NFL in yards per attempt when he got hurt was just throwing short? Not accurate? Completing 68% of his passes while missing throw after throw.. It's like magic or something. .. Doesn't lead receivers? So the fact that they Cowboys receivers were leading the NFL in yards after the catch when Dak was playing was just a coincidence? As is the fact that they aren't even in the top 10 since he went down? Yeah all of this confirms it.. Dak is not a good passer and he misses half his throws.. and even the ones he completes are just for short yardage.. I mean I know it LOOKS like he's completing a high percentage for a ton of yards and leading the #1 offense in the league for a year plus.. But don't believe your eyes and don't be fooled by the numbers.. Believe the youtube nerds and the Zone experts. They say it with conviction so it must be true.

If you and this youtube nerd have declared that Dak is never going to get any better then what are we arguing about? You guys need to buy the team from Jerry, build the team around YOUR draft picks and get on with winning Super Bowls. I know I'll watch! When do we start?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That may or may not be true. I used to like Dak but his performance has deteriorated. It seems he only produces when the defense has let up. He is slow to read and slow to react to pressure. Color me a hater.
HATER!!!!:muttley:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wins will come when the rest of the team improves. Dak is already doing his part.

Exactly.. Dak's heroics were the only reason we had a chance in those games. We've seen how it looks when there are no heroics. Not only do we lose but we get embarrassed. All we need to do is marry the defense that played the Philly though Minny games and the first three quarters of the WFT game with the offense that Dak was piloting and this is a 12-13 win team. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for people to see or admit.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That may or may not be true. I used to like Dak but his performance has deteriorated. It seems he only produces when the defense has let up. He is slow to read and slow to react to pressure. Color me a hater.

The operative word here is "seems." I am duty bound to remind you that with Dak the offense was scoring 15.4 points a game in the first half. Are defenses really letting up in the first half? I am likewise duty bound to remind you the defenses "let up" to the point that we had a lead in every game Dak started.. but the defense gave it back.. Or is your argument that the opposing defenses WANTED to let the Cowboys come back and take the lead so there could be some drama in the game?