Marcellus Wiley off his meds

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. All Dak's fault

Defense had nothing to do with it. They were great

Never said it was all Dak's fault.

I was replying to someone that thought our record would be much better with Dak. I don't think he would've made any difference based on what I saw the first 4 weeks.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak is going to get paid by someone. That much I am confident about.

biggest question is whether it’s the cowboys or not.

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s an opinion and based on the first 4 games I’d say it’s not a very good one.

meh....some like dak, some dont....but the certainty is that this team wins more games this year with him than without him....anyone stating otherwise is simply hating dak and delusional about what the qb position is.

also, saying this team wins more with dak than without him doesnt mean you are saying dak is a top 5 qb....but it does mean hes substantially better than anything else we have.

HungryLion

Reaction score
meh....some like dak, some dont....but the certainty is that this team wins more games this year with him than without him....anyone stating otherwise is simply hating dak and delusional about what the qb position is.

also, saying this team wins more with dak than without him doesnt mean you are saying dak is a top 5 qb....but it does mean hes substantially better than anything else we have.

Anyone that doesn’t think Dak is a top 10 QB and arguably top 5. They don’t know what they’re watching. Period.

Now, if they want to argue that only the elite of the elite should be paid. Due to salary cap
Ramifications. It’s a fair argument.

But any of the arguments about Dak being “average” or “easy to replace” is just football stupidity.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's rare to find an ex-player who will say someone doesn't deserve to get paid. I don't know if i've ever seen or heard that.

So you were in Cabo last summer when Emmitt said Dak should lower his salary demands for the good of the team and got blasted for it?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Never said it was all Dak's fault.

I was replying to someone that thought our record would be much better with Dak. I don't think he would've made any difference based on what I saw the first 4 weeks.

lol.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How do you figure that? We had 1 win before he went down against the giants. And that 1 win was due to the idiots who play for the falcons.

It's actually pretty simple. As you Dak must go-ites keep reminding us.. Dak only beats bad teams.. The WFT and the Eagles are both bad teams.. ergo Dak would have beaten both of them. That's three more wins right there.. Give Dak the defensive effort we got against Pittsburgh and we probably beat them too. Give him 180 yards rushing support against the Vikings and he wins that one as well. But let's go ahead and say we lose to the "good teams" AZ and Pitt.. That's still 4-2 in that stretch and already clinched the division! LOL!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak should be franchise tagged. That’s the right move. And we should be looking to trade up in the draft if we make the top 10.
I like Dak, but I don't like paying him close to $37 million against the cap. I believe that's what the second FT pays.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak deserves to get paid. I just hope it's a team friendly deal. I won't mess with another man's money but I just hope both sides are able to come to a great team team. After this season any fan should realize how lucky we are to have Dak. I mean Wentz is a joke now. Not to mention any other quarterback in our division or any other division to be honest. Of course minus the Super Star types-Mahomes, Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak deserves to get paid. I just hope it's a team friendly deal. I won't mess with another man's money but I just hope both sides are able to come to a great team team. After this season any fan should realize how lucky we are to have Dak. I mean Wentz is a joke now. Not to mention any other quarterback in our division or any other division to be honest. Of course minus the Super Star types-Mahomes, Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

I am with you 100% here. We need to sign Dak and then continue to build a good team with him. We got a good QB who continues to get better.. which means we have solved the hardest part of the NFL success riddle. I will never be in favor of revisiting that problem all over again a day before we absolutely have to.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I like Dak, but I don't like paying him close to $37 million against the cap. I believe that's what the second FT pays.
Me either l. I don’t know how cap works but I know 37 mill is a lot of mulah!

blumayne38

Reaction score
Anyone that doesn’t think Dak is a top 10 QB and arguably top 5. They don’t know what they’re watching. Period.

Now, if they want to argue that only the elite of the elite should be paid. Due to salary cap
Ramifications. It’s a fair argument.

But any of the arguments about Dak being “average” or “easy to replace” is just football stupidity.
Same could be said for someone who thinks he does.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Same could be said for someone who thinks he does.

Thinks he “does” what?

In all seriousness Dak is clearly a top 10 QB in the league. It’s not even debatable at this point. Both his tape and any real statistical analysis supports that conclusion.

superonyx

Reaction score
The problem is I've seen Dak play with good defense too and it didn't really matter.

My problem with Dak is he feasts on bad teams and is nowhere to be found against good teams. He piles up stats on the weak but does nothing against good teams.

There were plenty of times in 2019 where our defense couldn't have played any better than they did and Dak just couldn't deliver.

So if the defense is so bad that no qb in history could win with, which I disagree because I think some QB's could get off to better starts offensively in games then Dallas did, then I just don't see the point of locking us into mediocrity with Dak.

Right now you're telling me he can win if everything is perfect. I want to pay a QB 40 million a year that can win when surrounded by chaos.
No QB is winning a SB with a defense that was the worst defense in the history of the NFL. Thats what we were at the time of Dak's injuiry. Its an inconvenient truth.

So you agree we need to fix the defense and OL and your plan to do this is blow a bigger hole in our lineup by letting Dak walk and using valuable resources to try and replace him AND somehow fix the defense and O Line.

Whats your plan? Where are we getting a better QB than "dak mediocrity"? How are we fixing this?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No QB is winning a SB with a defense that was the worst defense in the history of the NFL. Thats what we were at the time of Dak's injuiry. Its an inconvenient truth.

So you agree we need to fix the defense and OL and your plan to do this is blow a bigger hole in our lineup by letting Dak walk and using valuable resources to try and replace him AND somehow fix the defense and O Line.

Whats your plan? Where are we getting a better QB than "dak mediocrity"? How are we fixing this?

Yeah when I did the research I found that there has only been 5 or 6 teams in the Super Bowl era who have won the championship surrendering more than 20 points a game on defense. And there has NEVER been one giving up more than 30. For people to continue to proclaim that Dak has any hand in why this team wasn't a contender this season is ludicrous. The QB has not been born who can overcome a 35 ppg defense.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The thing is, if Dak will work with the team so better players can be drafted and a few key free agents can be brought in, I'm all for keeping Dak. No doubt he's a top 10 QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Well i'm going to replace Dak with a cheaper option. I'm not just blowing a huge hole in it and leaving Andy Dalton or Garrett Gilbert back there.

I'm getting a cheaper QB / possibly better , and using the rest of my resources on defense including all the money saved.