March Madness 2021

DFWJC

Reaction score
Individual teams win championships, not conferences

But if anyone is interested, here are conference representations in the Sweet 16

4_Pac 12: (USC, Oregon, UCLA, Oregon St
2_ACC (Florida St, Syracuse)
2_Big East (Creighton, Villanova)
2_SEC (Alabama, Arkansas)
1_American (Houston)
1_Big East (Villanova)
1_Big Ten (Michigan)
1_Big 12 (Baylor)
1_MVC (Loyola-Chicago)
1_WWC (Gonzaga

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Was rooting for Loyola, that didn't work out.

My Hoosiers women's team is in the elite 8!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Oregon vs USC should be a good matchup. Oregon is healthy now where as earlier in the season when they lost to USC they were dealing with injuries.

Oregon State continues it cinderella season and advanced to the Elite 8. They really came on late towards the end the regular season and have pulled several consecutive upsets.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This Michigan vs Florida State going right now should be interesting.

Looking forward to the other two later as well
Oregon vs USC (as viman mentioned)
UCLA vs Bama

DFWJC

Reaction score
Either way....assuming Florida St doesn't win it all....we are going to have a team and or conference rep win a title this year that hasn't happened in a while, or ever.

Largest droughts from remaining teams and representive leagues:

West Coast (forever): Gonzaga....as great as they are, they have never won a title...and the 1st from a team while representing this conference. Note ...San Francisco won two titles back in 60s in a diff league.

Pac 12 (24 years): (no titles from league members in 24 years)
It would be the first title ever for USC and Oregon St...and 1st since 1939 for Oregon...It would be UCLA record 13th, but 1st in 26 years.

Big Ten (21 years):
Michigan--it would be their 2nd title and 1st in 32 years. Also 1st title from a team in this league in 21 years

Big 12 (13 years)
: Baylor--would be their 1st ever title and the 1st from a team in this league in 13 years. Side note, Texas Tech was the National runner-up last year.

American (10 years): Houston: surprisingly, this would be Houston's 1st ever title. It'd be the 2nd from the American in 10 years

SEC (8 years): Alabama--this would be their 1st ever title. Arkansas this would be their 2nd title (won in 1994). It would be the 1st title from a league team in 8 years.

ACC : (n/a). UVa won last title. Florida St: This would FSU's 1st title, but no drought for their league, as the ACC has had teams win it all 5 of the last 10 years.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
So far nothing too shocking this weekend. Oral Roberts almost pulled off a game to remember. I'll probably watch and see if UCLA can pull off the upset though college basketball burn out is starting to set in with me.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Got exactly zero right in my brackets except the Final two I have is Baylor and Gonzaga with Baylor winning.

Given I had like one Pac 12 school in the sweet sixteen I could get both those two and overall winner right but still be about 30th place in my 350 bracket pool.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Got exactly zero right in my brackets except the Final two I have is Baylor and Gonzaga with Baylor winning.

Given I had like one Pac 12 school in the sweet sixteen I could get both those two and overall winner right but still be about 30th place in my 350 bracket pool.

My bracket is a blood bath in the early rounds but 3 of my final 4 are still standing. I actually have Gonzaga winning yet I really hope they don't.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My bracket is a blood bath in the early rounds but 3 of my final 4 are still standing. I actually have Gonzaga winning yet I really hope they don't.
They are really really good and with Timme inside and Suggs speed to go get easy buckets they are just so efficient offensively.
Baylor has some really good guards and when they get hot it spreads the floor so much.
Def the best two teams I saw this year.

My other two were Bama and the Illini.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
They are really really good and with Timme inside and Suggs speed to go get easy buckets they are just so efficient offensively.
Baylor has some really good guards and when they get hot it spreads the floor so much.
Def the best two teams I saw this year.

My other two were Bama and the Illini.

That Illini loss probably messed up a lot of brackets. Mine included.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I didn't watch a lick of basketball this season, just followed on ESPN.com, so i went heavy on the favorites. At one point I was 51% on ESPN but have jumped up to 77%. I have Gonzaga beating Baylor in the final so if that happens I should have a respectable finish.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
After being terrible all tourney in my prognostication last night I got both games on parleys.
CLOSE but two wins.
Mannn wish I had the guts to put them together and make it a 4 teamer.

But I had OSU + the under. Scary as they scored a lot late.
And I had Baylor -7 and the over. Scary again as it was close late on both fronts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Baylor’s first Final 4 since 1950. And first in my lifetime as been following for about 60 years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Has the state of Texas ever had two Final Four teams in the same year?
It seems doubtful but was curious anyway.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Has the state of Texas ever had two Final Four teams in the same year?
It seems doubtful but was curious anyway.
Probably not. Houston and Arkansas were only teams from SWC who ever made it. Texas once since being in Big 12. Baylor’s 1st trip. Tech last year . My guess would be no.