Marcus spears on w/norm at 10:30 to talk dysfunction

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So norm just teased the 10:30 segment as Marcus spears in studio to talk about the dysfunction of the cowboys and who really runs everything.

Sounds like an odd sell, Marcus spears is not usually the type of guy that talks like this.

I wonder if he knows this is being sold like this. He never talks bad about anyone. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever listened to in the past.

I imagine norm is overselling.

Anyway 10:30 on the ticket.

anava

Reaction score
He is an ex disgruntled player, what does he know. <Sarcasm off>

Zordon

Reaction score
Spears will be settling in Dallas post-career as he just built a big house in Frisco. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a media gig here soon, he was always very good with the media when he was playing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dysfunction, huh? It's not surprising that an ex-player who eventually got relegated to the bench might see fit to find fault with his former team. Even if that weren't the case, it's no big secret that the Cowboys are somewhat disfunctional and especially so with a GM who insists upon micromanaging the team in a mindless manner.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dysfunction, huh? It's not surprising that an ex-player who eventually got relegated to the bench might see fit to find fault with his former team. Even if that weren't the case, it's no big secret that the Cowboys are somewhat disfunctional and especially so with a GM who insists upon micromanaging the team in a mindless manner.

Please understand I just repeated what norm said when he was setting up the show.

I have never heard spears bad mouth anyone,

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Coming on at 10:50 now.

Weather talk apparently.

Did u guys know its cold in the winter? Huh, who knew.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Please understand I just repeated what norm said when he was setting up the show.

I have never heard spears bad mouth anyone,

That's cool -- all's well and good but it sure sounds like that's about to change. If not, I'll happily admit I'm mistaken.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I saw him on Doocy's show one night kind of hinting around about that. Of course he didn't just take out the hatchet and act like a T.O., but you knew what he was getting at.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Basically confirming what everyone knows about bill and wade.

Bill built the team and the toughness. Said bill was the hardest coach to ever play for until he realized who he was as a man and what he had taught them. said bill was tough on everyone and that's why they were good.

Called wade a grandpa and a great guy. won with veterans(bills guys) couldn't win with young guys.

Said it right out Jerry runs everything, he is there everyday and doesn't let coaches do their job.

Said the team needs to hire a gm, Jerry is a problem. Said in a year he saw Baltimore owner Steve bischoti one time. Newsome, harbaugh were allowed to do their jobs everyday.

Said Jerry has a heavy hand in who is on the staff.

Cont'd

Zordon

Reaction score
"jerry should hire a GM"

"it's tough when you're boss is around every day"

i always liked marcus. even though he wasn't a very good player, i always liked him. now i know why.

robert70x7

Reaction score
"When you have your owner as a GM, it's a little more nervous energy geared towards making those decisions and the checks and balances becomes a little too much."

davey999

Reaction score
Norm - "Is there a feeling that Jerry runs the show?"
Spears - "Not a feeling - its the truth"

Zordon

Reaction score
"When you have your owner as a GM, it's a little more nervous energy geared towards making those decisions and the checks and balances becomes a little too much."

So somebody backing up Will Allen's comments about the uptight atmosphere in Dallas. We are a mess.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Said Jerry as gm and owner is to much to do.

Team needs a gm. Wants Jerry to sit back and relax and let someone else build a team.

Said Jerry should focus on marketing.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Spears railed against Parcells once Wade was brought in. Blamed Parcells for his lack of production. Still never produced though.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
"jerry should hire a GM"

"it's tough when you're boss is around every day"

i always liked marcus. even though he wasn't a very good player, i always liked him. now i know why.

I thought you hated this guy? He is one of the guys that doesn't act like a thug you so desperately desire.