Marcus spears on w/norm at 10:30 to talk dysfunction

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Spears railed against Parcells once Wade was brought in. Blamed Parcells for his lack of production. Still never produced though.

Yep, that is what he said today, bill taught them and made them tough, wade came in and let guys do what they want. Said then he realized what it was bill taught them.

And it's not a coincidence three are of our best players are still bill guys. Romo,witten and ware.

Zordon

Reaction score
I thought you hated this guy? He is one of the guys that doesn't act like a thug you so desperately desire.

Vontaze Burfict is a thug? Richard Sherman is a thug? HAHAHA....you don't know the meaning of that word man.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yep.

I guess the only question was how much do the players know it... But they know better than anyone. I've heard Greg Ellis say the same thing on the Fan.

So did bradie, so did brad Johnson, so did Keyshawn, so did parcells. And on and on...

Everybody knows it. It's why they can't get over a hump.

khiladi

Reaction score
So he said both Bill was tough and good and Wade was a grandpa type and could win with veterans.. Can Spears enlighten us on the young guys that Wade had, considering he pretty much played veterans even in his last year?

Anything on the clown Garrett and why he sucks so bad?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So he said both Bill and Wade were good.. Anything on the clown Garrett and why he sucks so bad?

Nope. Said he played for three great coaches.

He did say Garrett is not in charge and that Garrett didn't deserve credit for the turnaround in 2010.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nope. Said he played for three great coaches.

He did say Garrett is not in charge and that Garrett didn't deserve credit for the turnaround in 2010.

So who did he credit with the turnaround?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yep. None of this is new.

But it's still depressing to get confirmation from a guy who was there and knowing things will never change until Jerry is 6 feet under.

He said Stephen and Jerry jr were great football guys.

Interesting to hear why he thinks that.

khiladi

Reaction score
Anything on Romo in particular? I'm trying to wonder that if it is so bad, why do want to stick around and then only enlighten us when they are done? I mean players like Ware and Romo are always extending during the season... Ratliff did when he was a monster.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So who did he credit with the turnaround?

He didn't really talk much about it because he'd already hurt his calf and I guess was out when all that happened.

BTW, if Norm were in court he'd be stopped for leading the witness about 100 times.

Spears says he loved Ryan as did all the defensive players. Says he thinks Jerry made the hire.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Sounds like Spears doesn't agree that our team is run just like every other one around the league. Or that the head coach is running the organization. Strange.

Unless you are being sarcastic our team is not run just like every other team in the league. Far from it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
On rob Ryan

Polar opposite of Garrett, Jason is well spoken, stern, guarded, Princeton guy.

Rob was loud and fun, loved playing for him, felt like rob wanted to play, wanted to battle the offensive coordinators and would put up the bio's.

Doesn't know who fired him. Thinks it was collective.

Thinks Garrett didn't hire rob Ryan, thinks Jerry hired rob Ryan.

Injuries hurt this years team, they drafted for 34 and then payed a 43 and losing lee hurt bad.

Jason hatcher is a 43 end or tackle. Stuck playing in the 34.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Okay, with all this 34/43 stuff I think he's stealthily defending his lack of production here. We all get that DEs in a 34 aren't going to put up big numbers, etc. Tell us about the inner workings of Valley Ranch -- that's what no one talks enough about.