Twitter: Marcus Spears was not fond of the Cowboys slander today

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
He IS the only scapegoat - he was in charge of that s**tshow “D” last season. He needed to be taken out to the woodshed for that fiasco. Total IDIOT.
who hired him? the one who did should have been gone too

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
DId the title get changed because if not, I knew exactly what Catgirl meant.
Thank you Beaker. Seems as though it went over some heads. (yes mod edit title to prevent more ignorance)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nolan seems to be the reason but we will find out this upcoming year if it was all him or the players that are still around are the REAL reason we sucked.
Nolan was at the wrong place at the wrong time,, He did himself no favors ever coaching here, coming here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So you pick Dallas to finish 3rd? Seriously?

Right now, yes.

I do think we are strength wise the same team like last year. And even with Dak we werent competetive. Even against lesser teams.

ESisback

Reaction score
At which positions ?
QB…Dak back
OL…healthy again
TE…Jarwin back
RB…Zeke streamlined and rededicated
DL…improved run defense with Urban,
Big Bo, Odiggy. Full season of
Gregory, plus Basham helps pass
rush
LB…Parsons, Cox, Neal, healthy LVE
make LB a strength
DB…Diggs in second year, improved
depth with Kazee, Kearse and draft
with Joseph, Wright, Israel Mu

Just speculating, of course, but I imagine now you’ll dispute/downplay each position.

visionary

Reaction score
Philly may be a reach but especially NYG have improved significant in the offseason. Still i view WFT to win the division with the Giants coming in second.

As long as NYG have moron Garrett and Danny Dimes I’m not worried. The only real competition will be WFT

ESisback

Reaction score
Right now, yes.

I do think we are strength wise the same team like last year. And even with Dak we werent competetive. Even against lesser teams.

Historically bad defense and ST absolutely crippled the offense, then snowballed as line disintegrated, then Dak hurt, then Dalton hurt…

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Historically bad defense and ST absolutely crippled the offense, then snowballed as line disintegrated, then Dak hurt, then Dalton hurt…

The offense was a problem even without the defense. this offense cant score against good defenses. And we lost almost all games even against medicore to bad teams with Dak in 2020.

The defense was bad. But the defense didnt change a lot. Most players we drafted or signed are no more than backup players that also will replace other backup players we lost (Woods etc...).
Our new LB may be an upgrade, but he is more of a finess player who excels at run and pass blitzing. he needs a very good DL to keep him free. We dont have that. So i dont think he will make such an big impact some here hope for.
Joseph may be a good CB but i think he will struggle like Diggs in the first 8-10 weeks.

And those two essentially are the players at starting positions. All others a rotantional players or backups.

Quinn is just hype like Nolan was last year. The exact same blabla happend last year because of Nolan. Now he is gone, in comes another guy. He wont make that big of a difference. The problems are to be searched elsewhere.

In short: This defense overall does not have significant more talent than last year. And the offense is very suspect against better competition.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
QB…Dak back
OL…healthy again
TE…Jarwin back
RB…Zeke streamlined and rededicated
DL…improved run defense with Urban,
Big Bo, Odiggy. Full season of
Gregory, plus Basham helps pass
rush
LB…Parsons, Cox, Neal, healthy LVE
make LB a strength
DB…Diggs in second year, improved
depth with Kazee, Kearse and draft
with Joseph, Wright, Israel Mu

Just speculating, of course, but I imagine now you’ll dispute/downplay each position.

Dak: didnt win with the same offense last year and cant drive the ball or score against good defenses. Even without AllPro talent around him.
OL: I dont consider TS or LC to play a full season. Not after the injuries they had. It may happen, but at this time to expect that it will be else than last year is not very smart.
RB: zeke has slowed doen in the last two year. To expect something else is the way to think as a fan. Realistically you cant expect another 2016 Zeke. He will be like 2020
DT: Big Bo and Urban are replacing Woods. They are no more than backups right now. None of them is considered starting material right now. So this is no upgrade. If even that.
DE: Gregory moght have a good year, but he also might miss another 8 games because of his phsycological condition. We also lost Smith. Right now that must be considered a wash.
LB: Parsons is a good player. But he is no run stuffer. He is more of a finess LB who excells in blitzes. He need a very good DL so he can roam. We dont have that.
Cox is not a LB. He is a LB/Safety tweener who will be used in special situation.
LVE was hurt the last two year. To say he will have another season like his rookie year again is nice fan talk, but nothing that is realistic.
Neal comes from major injury.
DB: I give you Diggs. On the other hand Jospeh will certainly need the same time it took Diggs to adjust. That means at least 8 weeks of low CB play at one side of the field.
Safety: Sorry, but the safeties we have are all crap.

I dont see any major improvement at the starters level - which btw this defense needs on many positions to be considered average at least.

ESisback

Reaction score
The offense was a problem even without the defense. this offense cant score against good defenses. And we lost almost all games even against medicore to bad teams with Dak in 2020.

The defense was bad. But the defense didnt change a lot. Most players we drafted or signed are no more than backup players that also will replace other backup players we lost (Woods etc...).
Our new LB may be an upgrade, but he is more of a finess player who excels at run and pass blitzing. he needs a very good DL to keep him free. We dont have that. So i dont think he will make such an big impact some here hope for.
Joseph may be a good CB but i think he will struggle like Diggs in the first 8-10 weeks.

And those two essentially are the players at starting positions. All others a rotantional players or backups.

Quinn is just hype like Nolan was last year. The exact same blabla happend last year because of Nolan. Now he is gone, in comes another guy. He wont make that big of a difference. The problems are to be searched elsewhere.

In short: This defense overall does not have significant more talent than last year. And the offense is very suspect against better competition.
Predictable. Enjoy being miserable.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dak: didnt win with the same offense last year and cant drive the ball or score against good defenses. Even without AllPro talent around him.
OL: I dont consider TS or LC to play a full season. Not after the injuries they had. It may happen, but at this time to expect that it will be else than last year is not very smart.
RB: zeke has slowed doen in the last two year. To expect something else is the way to think as a fan. Realistically you cant expect another 2016 Zeke. He will be like 2020
DT: Big Bo and Urban are replacing Woods. They are no more than backups right now. None of them is considered starting material right now. So this is no upgrade. If even that.
DE: Gregory moght have a good year, but he also might miss another 8 games because of his phsycological condition. We also lost Smith. Right now that must be considered a wash.
LB: Parsons is a good player. But he is no run stuffer. He is more of a finess LB who excells in blitzes. He need a very good DL so he can roam. We dont have that.
Cox is not a LB. He is a LB/Safety tweener who will be used in special situation.
LVE was hurt the last two year. To say he will have another season like his rookie year again is nice fan talk, but nothing that is realistic.
DB: I give you Diggs. On the other hand Jospeh will certainly need the same time it took Diggs to adjust. That means at least 8 weeks of low CB play at one side of the field.

I dont see any major improvement at the starters level - which btw this defense needs on many positions to be considered average at least.

Of course. Glass half full, glass half empty. “Realists” think the worst, until guaranteed they have something to brag about. Prove it, we’re doomed, blah, blah, blah…

ESisback

Reaction score

See? I was right!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not counting the Commanders out. Giants either, but Dallas looks to me like they’ve improved the most.

I think it's certainly possible but again, going to depend on how the OL holds up and how well the D plays. It's basically the same scenario as last year, IMO.

ESisback

Reaction score
I think it's certainly possible but again, going to depend on how the OL holds up and how well the D plays. It's basically the same scenario as last year, IMO.

Nothing’s guaranteed, but to me, the team SEEMS to have improved their depth AND acquired a better DC. A healthier team with proper prep time and a TC will help, too!