Twitter: Marcus Spears was not fond of the Cowboys slander today

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nothing’s guaranteed, but to me, the team SEEMS to have improved their depth AND acquired a better DC. A healthier team with proper prep time and a TC will help, too!

I don't know either of those things are true, to be honest. I hope it is but I can't say that for certain, at this point.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't know either of those things are true, to be honest. I hope it is but I can't say that for certain, at this point.

Yeah, at this point, NO ONE knows. No guarantees in a year to year league. We’re all just speculators, and this is a “prove it” league, but to me there’s two choices: remain hopeful and optimistic and enjoy the ride, or call yourself a realist, expect the worst, and never “appreciate the moment”.

conner01

Reaction score
Mike Nolan deserves a lot of blames but to make him the lone scapegoat is totally wrong and simplistic approach .....too bad we will never hear his side of the story
Lots of players as well as staff caused the epic failure of last year
Nolan certainly doesn’t deserve all the blame
MM, assistant coaches and plenty of players did their part in the fiasco

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So last years excuse was all the injuries and Nolan but the year before when neither of these excuses were in effect we went a wopping 8-8. The excuse may change yearly but the results are nearly the same. Its a problem that stems from the top and since that is the same I expect the results to stay the same until proven otherwise. 7-9 here we come, with the excuses being Daks amount on missed time and new defense w/ young players.

plymkr

Reaction score
Mike Nolan deserves a lot of blames but to make him the lone scapegoat is totally wrong and simplistic approach .....too bad we will never hear his side of the story
He's not the lone scapegoat. We still got Jaylon.

Flamma

Reaction score
One of the bigger tests will be the Commanders for Dallas. Is their D going to be better and able to handle our offense? Same with their O against our D. If they jump out in front it could be a long miserable game for Cowboys fans. The Cowboys can't be playing catch up against that line.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Of course. Glass half full, glass half empty. “Realists” think the worst, until guaranteed they have something to brag about. Prove it, we’re doomed, blah, blah, blah…

I tried to argue with you but it seems to be very hard for you to accept that somebody has a different view of things.

But do you have to dencounce him to feel better ?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Trying to implement a totally new scheme last year with basically no offseason and limited practices was STUPID beyond belief.

ESisback

Reaction score
I tried to argue with you but it seems to be very hard for you to accept that somebody has a different view of things.

But do you have to dencounce him to feel better ?

Why is ok for you to present YOUR side, but if I disagree and present a different opinion, that means I can’t accept different views, causing me to denounce others to feel better? Isn’t that what you’re doing too?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Why is ok for you to present YOUR side, but if I disagree and present a different opinion, that means I can’t accept different views, causing me to denounce others to feel better? Isn’t that what you’re doing too?
Are those trick questions Sweetpea -------> runs

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Did i post that crap or did you ?

Of course. Glass half full, glass half empty. “Realists” think the worst, until guaranteed they have something to brag about. Prove it, we’re doomed, blah, blah, blah…

starfrombirth

Reaction score
It’s not just scapegoating him though. Spears is right. When everyone picks who’s going to win the NFC East the narrative is never the Commanders took advantage of injury riddled team in the Cowboys who’s defense coordinator was bad.

Nolan was bad. If those same players are bad this year then maybe we can revisit Nolan’s career here but as of right now? The defense was never this bad under Rod.
If our defensive players are bad under multiple defensive coordinators, especially when those coordinators had success elsewhere, isn't it more likely that our players are bad and not the coordinators???

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If our defensive players are bad under multiple defensive coordinators, especially when those coordinators had success elsewhere, isn't it more likely that our players are bad and not the coordinators???
The defense was not bad two seasons ago. We wanted turnovers but they weren’t bad.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Again, what you post is reasonable, but what I post is “crap”?

Seriously you dont see that you are the one who denounced me initially ?

I mean i get what you are trying to do. It just doesnt work that way. If you want to turn things around in your favour try at least with some smarts.