Marinelli needs to go!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aww, sorry you got your cheerleader feelings hurt because fans like myself don't like the pick at such a costly round.

No hurt feeling here just commenting on a person who has not done jack as a defense coach in the NFL but you know ? People whine about not drafting DT and now because a safety was not taken because you think so Marinelli should be fired? Hell he knows his job his defense ranked pretty high last season

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I love defensive linemen. That's how I made a name for myself in the business. I think Rod can coach that kid up. So, yes. I like the pick

Rod is a terrible coach, though. That's the issue. You believe in this illusion that he's some great coach that can coach guys up. He takes trash players because he loves to hide behind this mantra that he gets so much out of guys. But he doesn't. His pet is the DL, especially the DT and they are junk when it counts year after year. Yet he is not held accountable at all. He was as bad as Linehan. Maybe worse. Tired of these junk coaches we have getting propped up. Rod is responsible for passing on TJ Watt and Thornhill for junk like Taco and this spare. Yet fans keep justifying this and then wonder why we fail year after year. There is zero direction with this team. We move in circles.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No hurt feeling here just commenting on a person who has not done jack as a defense coach in the NFL but you know ? People whine about not drafting DT and now because a safety was not taken because you think so Marinelli should be fired? Hell he knows his job his defense ranked pretty high last season
How did that defense perform in the playoffs against the Rams? Where were the halftime adjustments? Got outsmarted, outplayed and run over when it counted most. But, hey, we've got Taco in the 1st round and now Hill in the 2nd.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod is a terrible coach, though. That's the issue. You believe in this illusion that he's some great coach that can coach guys up. He takes trash players because he loves to hide behind this mantra that he gets so much out of guys. But he doesn't. His pet is the DL, especially the DT and they are junk when it counts year after year. Yet he is not held accountable at all. He was as bad as Linehan. Maybe worse. Tired of these junk coaches we have getting propped up. Rod is responsible for passing on TJ Watt and Thornhill for junk like Taco and this spare. Yet fans keep justifying this and then wonder why we fail year after year. There is zero direction with this team. We move in circles.
Jerry is the one responsible. Do you really think Rod has that much stroke? The pick is in, live with it. It's not like we can go back and change it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just check out this film. Tune out them Cowboys homer hosts talking...making all kinds of excuses. Better yet, listen to them struggling to even believe their own words. Unbelievable.

Just watch some tape and see how bad of a pick and reach it was for the Cowboys to draft DT Trysten Hill, 6'3", 308 lbs. with that 2nd round #58 overall pick.... all while both Safeties Juan Thornhill and Nasir Adderley were still there waiting to be picked. Crazy.

Would have been better to pick up one of them Safeties in the 2nd round, then either use their 3rd or one of their two 4th round picks on a DT, which there are still plenty of to pick from.

This is clearly a Marinelli move. Another Taco persuasion by Marinelli in that Cowboys Draft Room. Another several rounds "over reach" for a player that should have been taken several rounds later just like Taco.

If this Trysten Hill DT doesn't show up this first year and proves he was worth "over reaching" for in the 2nd round, Marinelli needs to go!

I like the pick. you always build inside out, and the one thing we lacked last year was pressure up the middle and this kid has that ability to break into the pocket and force the QB out.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How did that defense perform in the playoffs against the Rams? Where were the halftime adjustments? Got outsmarted, outplayed and rareun over when it counted most. But, hey, we've got Taco in the 1st round and now Hill in the 2nd.

Taco future is on the line headed into year 3, He may bust out he may get things turned around. Rams beat Dallas they beat a lot of teams, I don't excuse it but I accept the fact you don't always win. I watched Landry teams get their butt kicked as well yet did not cry about wanting him fired. As for Hill I don't I don't care if you like him or not, this is not your defense you have nothing to do with the defense. What I do care about is the people who do run this defense likes him and drafted him so deal with it or pout I really don't give a damn

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Taco future is on the line headed into year 3, He may bust out he may get things turned around. Rams beat Dallas they beat a lot of teams, I don't excuse it but I accept the fact you don't always win. I watched Landry teams get their butt kicked as well yet did not cry about wanting him fired. As for Hill I don't I don't care if you like him or not, this is not your defense you have nothing to do with the defense. What I do care about is the people who do run this defense likes him and drafted him so deal with it or pout I really don't give a damn
Then why comment if you don't give a damn? I'll be thinking of you when Marinelli is gone after this season or next.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Then why comment if you don't give a damn? I'll be thinking at you when Marinelli is gone after this season or next.

Stupid comments deserve to be called out. You wanted attention you got it. Yeah and if Marinelli is gone after this year or next I will not be shocked after all he will be 70 this year and 71 the year after. Please do me a favor don't think about me, that is just creepy

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stupid comments deserve to be called out. You wanted attention you got it. Yeah and if Marinelli is gone after this year or next I will not be shocked after all he will be 70 this year and 71 the year after. Please do me a favor don't think about me, that is just creepy
I was trying to be nice. Finished.

Instead, I will be laughing at you defending Marinelli to such extremes. Almost like you've got a man crush or something. Yuck.