Mark Schlereth - Dallas was running wrong D scheme

CCBoy

Reaction score
I just don't get going on a chat board and complaining about the chatting. Nobody is forcing him to be here or read anything.

Ranching is a good fan...just disgruntled right now with the loss.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I get that Skip usually just plays a character on his shows, but you can see how his football knowledge in that clip was severely lacking compared to the guys that actually played in a ZBS.

Anyway, it sure explains a lot about our defensive performance Sunday. If you already know there's a slanting/stunting lineman about to take himself out of the play, you can double the point man and / or fire off to the second level to pick off LBs.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Tom Landry Flex Defense. Jimmy Johnson attack 4-3 Defense. Garrett, Marinelli, Richard, and Linehan got out coached. You let OL get to your LBs you are going to get ran on. Its is that simple.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think it’s very cool to dump on Richard’s defense like that. Schlereth better keep his head on a swivel.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't watch that video because of horsefaced Sharpe. I just refuse.

Who wants to tell Uncle Risen what Schlereth's talking about? There may be a like in it for you.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
The idiot Garrett used to do it all the time when Romo was QB
Yep. I remember dominating GB on the ground and going completely stupid in the 2nd half with pass, pass, pass and we lost the game. I think we did the same against the Lions, also.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
They didn’t gain 273 yards right up the keister because “We were in the wrong defense.” It’s called players. Guess this guy didn’t see what the Rams were doing with Anderson the last couple games either. We simply don’t have the beef upfront to shut down a powerful o-line and backs like that. End of story,nothing mysterious to disect about it.
I agree with you, but there were times there was no beef. As in where's the beef?

Common Sense

Reaction score
Skip said the Cowboys ran a zone blocking scheme in the 90s. I thought they ran man most of the time?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
They were struggling because they weren’t establishing a consistent ground game. McVay started rushing more and I was thinking before the game the Rams have ‘found something’ to cure their woes.

They basically went back to allowing their OL to impose their will rushing.
This.

Goff' multi int games were making the offensive Genius Sean Mcvay worried , hence he went back to board started sprinkling CJ A ( to his credit he did have success, Rams OL is big plus) which meant Goff is off the hook didnt need to throw that much and still won games easy.

And in the Div game Rod and Richard had no alternative in place once they couldn't stop the initial bulldozing, Rams just continued to pile on . 2 Qtrs and 170 yards , no punts game over.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

OMG....scheme theme....we got our Bu@@@ whipped ...can we move on please and the FO take notice and get us some STUD DEF lineman and STOP with the collections of off lineman and the Dallas Wall BS which by the way is hindering our Cap dollars big time !!!