Markquese Bell fast becoming a star on the Cowboys defense

CCBoy

Reaction score
You just responded to your own nonsense. Have a great night. My momma taught me not to invite crazy to my own house. Zippadee dooda!!
Hey, a singing in the rain candidate...but no, your MOMMA wasn't a fool, you are. Play more with those crap loads... :popcorn: No football, that is your handle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise - Markquese Bell — There was a lot of justifiable hype surrounding rookie linebacker DeMarvion Overshown, who was a star in training camp before suffering a torn ACL in the preseason. The loss of the former Longhorn left the Cowboys looking for someone to step into that specific hybrid safety-linebacker role, and Bell was tossed the keys. It's almost like he was born to play it, despite being lighter than traditional LBs. His speed and quickness leaps off of the tape and, as seen in his domination of the Chargers and Austin Ekeler, the former FAMU talent is just getting started.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/3-dimension-evaluating-this-defense-after-6-games

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/20/cowboys-markquese-bell-2023-breakout-campaign/

Bell, a former four-star recruit, had a somewhat odd college career. He was suspended indefinitely from Maryland before even playing a single snap. He rebooted in junior college for a year before resurfacing at Florida A&M who didn’t even play in 2020 for COVID-19 concerns.

At 6-foot-2, 212 pounds, Bell impressed in the areas of speed, stature and athleticism. The Cowboys looked past his winding path to the NFL, or any possible red flags along the way, and envisioned what he could be in Dallas.

Dan Quinn, the Cowboys defensive coordinator, saw a player who fit the mold. Quinn values large and long box safeties on his defense. In Quinn’s scheme, the lines were often blurred between safety and linebacker so having a safety stout enough to hold up to the demands of the position was critical.
He's looked good, but I'd put away the anointing oil just yet in terms of being a star.
They limit his snaps due to his lack of size.

Chargers Game:
Bell 53%
Clark 99%

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Said it before but really bummed we didn’t get to see Overshown this season.

Bell is a keeper and heir apparent to Kearse’s role in the defense.
This.

His future is at the hybrid role that Kearse plays. Bell to small for full time LB.

Chargers game:
53% of snaps for Bell
99% of snaps for Clark

doomsday808

Reaction score
It will be awesome to see Bell, Overshown and Clark. on the field at the same time next year.

starfan1

Reaction score
Now you have gone and done it. The curse of the cowboy zone annointing thread

He’s gonna get beat like drum next time out lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
Interesting how Bell hasn't even put two good games together, yet he's a rising star :oops:.

This.

His future is at the hybrid role that Kearse plays. Bell to small for full time LB.

Chargers game:
53% of snaps for Bell
99% of snaps for Clark
I agree, I'm eyeing Kearse's position for Bell next season. Honestly, I need someone behind Kearse now getting ready, and that may be Thomas right now.

I like the experience Clark is getting too, the development of these young players is about to accelerate.