RELEASED Martavis Bryant and three others released from PS

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I told someone yesterday he would be cut possibly dang!!!

What was the need to get another wr in here with Bryant already here

Mr_437

Reaction score
All these cuts seem to make sense. I kinda liked the speed of WR Johnson, and I think he's much better than McMath but who cares, just glad JMC is still on PS.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on the tweet, it seems like he was released due to taking up a veteran slot which are limited.

My guess is the team likely had no plans to play Bryant this season and were simply evaulating him while a veteran slot was available so they could consider re-signing him in the off-season.

Praxit

Reaction score
..just posted a thread on Bryant yesterday. >>lol.. got my answer today...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Based on the tweet, it seems like hey was released due to taking up a veteran slot which are limited.

My guess is the team likely had no plans to play Bryant this season and were simply evaulating him while a veteran slot was availble so they could consider re-signing in the off-season.
Would you want to come back???

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Nate Newton and Jesse Holley really trashing the ‘depth signings’ on their podcast. As Nate puts it, just another way of saying you can’t say anything positive about the guy. They seem to like the Damien Wilson signing, but think LC is a lost cause that fans are overrating and will only touch the field in worse case scenario. Nate said he had no hips left, and one knee already gone when he left the team and the only good thing about the signing was we can get back some of that dead money were still paying to him. (Joking.). Both said this franchise loves to hold on to guys forever and not release rookies so when you release LC with $10 million in dead cap, you know he’s done, and just perpetuates more of the bad habits this FO has on keeping guys too long. Said if you know you have a depth problem already, and you believe LC is capable of playing again, why are you waiting until the very end of the season, why didn’t you move on this earlier in the year or someone else on the trade deadline? I agree.

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you want to come back???
An out-of-work NFL receiver? Absolutely.

My guess is they were upfront with him when he signed that he was unlikely to be promoted to the active roster this season outside of multiple injuries to active receivers, but they would consider bringing him back next season if things went well.

Any decent sports agent would ask those questions for their client before he signs with them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I told someone yesterday he would be cut possibly dang!!!

They apparently decided Bryant wasn't going to be what they hoped he would be

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
An out-of-work NFL receiver? Absolutely.

My guess is they were upfront with him when he signed that he was unlikely to be promoted to the active roster this season outside of multiple injuries to active receivers, but they would consider bringing him back next season if things went well.

Any decent sports agent would ask those questions for their client before he signs with them.
Good points