Signed by Cowboys Martavis Bryant Speaks

RonWashington

Reaction score
Brandin Cooks disappeared but here we go with another shot . What’s wrong with targeting who’s already here behind Lamb . Tolbert & Cooks namely .

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I suppose it doesn't hurt to kick the tires, but I'm not expecting much.
Risen was the first to mention it. The more I look at it, the more i like it. 31 really isn't a long time for a guy who has been out of football. He's got serious athleticism, and size. It could be what the Dr. ordered.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Ty Hilton still had his speed….so let’s see what he has but I stand by I’d rather see more of Tolbert and Turpin. Maybe Bryant is a redzone option.
To me, I just wonder who doesn't go. You can't sit Turpin so homeboy would have to take time away from Tolbert right now. I just think he could be a good option down the line. I still like my chances our other two rookies too. Especially by next year. But I'd be tempted to warm them up some this year. I'm actually happy to see the Cowboys looking around hard for WRs.

I'm actually supportive and appreciative of the F.O.'s approach here. And these last few years, especially overall. I know we probably won't win it all. But there's a chance we do, and that's what makes it fun, especially during the regular season. All we have to do is get in the playoffs.

This team has to prove they can win four in a row, at some point, and go on a streak. I'd say that time starts now.

Can you prove it?

Let's here it, guys?

One time.

We won't be playing the Giants and February. But this is a warm up for us.

Four in a row from here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To me, I just wonder who doesn't go. You can't sit Turpin so homeboy would have to take time away from Tolbert right now. I just think he could be a good option down the line. I still like my chances our other two rookies too. Especially by next year. But I'd be tempted to warm them up some this year. I'm actually happy to see the Cowboys looking around hard for WRs.

I'm actually supportive and appreciative of the F.O.'s approach here. And these last few years, especially overall. I know we probably won't win it all. But there's a chance we do, and that's what makes it fun, especially during the regular season. All we have to do is get in the playoffs.

This team has to prove they can win four in a row, at some point, and go on a streak. I'd say that time starts now.

Can you prove it?

Let's here it, guys?

One time.

We won't be playing the Giants and February. But this is a warm up for us.

Four in a row from here.
Nice little test to see where their head is at. You can take one bad loss early in the season but on the way to the playoffs? Gotta dominate these guys the next 3 weeks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you can't help this team with a marginal QB sapping up 160 mil of your cap space. It will get much worse from here trust me.
Dak is not marginal. He is playing at an elite level the past 4 games. Agreed on the overpaying part.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry is panning for gold. If he doesn't find any with this scoop of sand and rocks it really doesn't cost him anything. But, there is a small chance he finds a little gold so why not?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry is panning for gold. If he doesn't find any with this scoop of sand and rocks it really doesn't cost him anything. But, there is a small chance he finds a little gold so why not?
This is fully upon McCarthy and his new offensive scheme. Jerry is fully informed and aware of the reasons...it is McCarthy.

First, all the way from his 2nd season with Green Bay going to the playoffs and then his 5th season winning a Super Bowl, he has used an offense that spreads the field apart. That is more than just a technique. It opens things up for his running game. That will happen in Dallas as well.

Now to his more subtle cause for spreading the field...he is betting his #3 and #4 receivers on a play, will beat opponents #3 and #4 defenders on the other team.

McCarthy is improving potential at just that by design. It could be a great move...

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol has a player ever been gone for an extended period of time and come back to play at a high level? Especially a player whose play wasn't all that good begin with
Howley missed 1 7/8ths of a year. Retired.

Trying to think of someone who missed longer, hard to come up with.

Hey, you didn't say the NFL. How about MLB, Jim Morris. Came back at 35.

rambo2

Reaction score
Howley missed 1 7/8ths of a year. Retired.

Trying to think of someone who missed longer, hard to come up with.

Hey, you didn't say the NFL. How about MLB, Jim Morris. Came back at 35.
The guy they had a year or 2 ago.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Martavis is no longer a druggie, good pickup. Nothing else matters.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We’ve had some success with bust / problem players.

Bigg Davis, Colombo, Laurent Robinson, Aldon Smith, Rolando McClain etc
Laurent Robinson? Colombo? Leonard Davis?

I can see Smith and McClain were busts, but these other players weren't busts.