Signed by Cowboys Martavis Bryant Speaks

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, maybe he’ll make an entertaining guest on Micah’s weekly podcast.

stinkface

Reaction score
"If he was that good, why was he available". Micky. Spags every damn year.

Asklesko

Reaction score
This dude is 31, out of the league for years. Hell is the braintrust thinking?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Worth a gamble I don’t think this board understands how important an X receiver is to this offense. Gallup can’t beat one one coverage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I see your Martavis Bryant and raise you a Cole Beasley….

first of all cole beasley burned his bridge here, he's not coming back.. players coaches and GM keep receipts.... he's straight ran off at the mouth... that's why his return here was never gonna happen

blueblood70

Reaction score
they are thinking put him on the practice squad and case him emergency, NO risk so who cares.... what if he comes in and makes 5 plays towards the end of the year like TY Hilton. hes not stunting anyones progress being on the PS.. what are you thinking bothering to be bothered by something that the ownership decided to do for a ps add??..

by the way jerry doesn't come up with these things on his own... i guarantee a coach came to him with the idea.. most likely they wide receiver coach or another low-level coach or it could be the head coach/oc somebody knew Bryant was reinstated and wanted to give him a look..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not comparing myself to a professional athlete by any stretch.. but running and catching the ball were two abilities that never left me no matter how long I went without playing football. I was always fast and I could always track and catch the football. I did not play football of any form from about age 26 to age 31. That age 31 year I finally decided that maybe flag football wasn't for sissies after all so I joined a flag league. I ran by every guy the other team put on me in that first game and scored about 6 touchdowns. More importantly, I didn't drop a single ball. I had zero trouble picking up the ball in flight and running under it or positioning my hands properly to catch it on the short routes. It all came naturally. No practice, no ramp up.. just some guys who saw me chase down a couple of ridiculous fly balls at in softball league asking "Hey you're fast as hell! Do you wanna play on our flag football team?" and me showing up the next day to the game. Point being.. This guy is probably 10 times the athlete I was so if I could go out and show out after 5 years of not playing ball then an athlete of his caliber can do it too. His challenge will be recovering from the soreness that's going to come from practice. I was stiff as a board and sore all over for two days after a friggin FLAG game back then. I can't imagine what 3-4 hours of football practice must have felt like the next day. Oh yeah and there's a small matter of the guys covering him ALSO being 10 times the athlete the guys trying cover me were!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's no reason I'd consider the move other than a fire under the underachievers butts on the WR roster.

JustChip

Reaction score
first of all cole beasley burned his bridge here, he's not coming back.. players coaches and GM keep receipts.... he's straight ran off at the mouth... that's why his return here was never gonna happen
I understand. I was just saying Cole’s catch was just about as impressive as Maravis’. I give the nod to Martavis’ because he maintained it through hitting the ground.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I think it was 3 times testing positive for weed. I don't think they care about that now.
Nor should they. The fact they had no problem pumping up players with pain killers but acted like weed was so detrimental was just stupid.