Martellus Bennett continue to impress

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who would've thought that he would contribute this much? He is an awesome athlete. On his last catch, I thought that was RW11 leaping up for the ball. Marty B is as fluid as a wide receiver, but has the size of a TE, a big TE. I love it. And the youthful enthusiasm he brings to the team is priceless.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's an incredible athlete. I really love this kid. I hope he doesn't cross the line with his humor and manner.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2447714 said:
He's an incredible athlete. I really love this kid. I hope he doesn't cross the line with his humor and manner.

what the hell are you talking about?

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
I remember a lot of people on this board wanting to cut Bennett. he has been nothing short of outstanding.the sky is the limit for this guy.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xWraithx;2447719 said:
what the hell are you talking about?
Not to speak for jobberone, but any Cowboy with an outgoing personality has to be careful because the media is full of haters who want to misconstrue anything a Cowboy has to say. And Bennett has a lot to say.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
A true man-child.

He's going to cause headaches for defenses for years. I can see him being a sort of secret weapon against the Giants and all their blitzing.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2447732 said:
Not to speak for jobberone, but any Cowboy with an outgoing personality has to be careful because the media is full of haters who want to misconstrue anything a Cowboy has to say. And Bennett has a lot to say.

well here's to hoping jobberone doesn't ask his church to pray for Martellus the next time Martellus refers to his favorite super heroes (which is as far as his humor has ever gone from what I've heard)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xWraithx;2447746 said:
well here's to hoping jobberone doesn't ask his church to pray for Martellus the next time Martellus refers to his favorite super heroes (which is as far as his humor has ever gone from what I've heard)

Actually Bennett is a very funny guy, cracking jokes about not having the NFL Network, Oprah Winfrey v. Halle Berry, calling himself the sexiest guy in the league, etc. It's all in good fun, but you know the Dallas media.

sago1

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a TE named Fasano who used to play for the Cowboys before we traded him to Miami? Thought not. Took me several minutes just to remember his name. Hope Bennett continues to develop but he sure looking pretty good as a rookie.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2447784 said:
I feel like a ping pong ball.

funone.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I felt going into the bye that one of the adjustments we needed to make was getting Bennett more involved. We weren't really making use of the fullback as anything more than a lead blocker, and we need that extra blocker to also be a threat in other areas of the game.

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
During the press they was saying he had a chance to play pro basketball in highschool but, he rather play football. I didn't realize he was that tall and heavy. He really pulled a fast one on us through hard knocks.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Mr.davon24;2447821 said:
During the press they was saying he had a chance to play pro basketball in highschool but, he rather play football. I didn't realize he was that tall and heavy. Hard Knocks really pulled a fast one on us.

fixed.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Bennett has really come on and his confidence is bulletproof. I do agree some of his immaturity scares me, but it hasn't translated to the football field in any way- in fact there is no sign of him doing anything resembling dogging it.

He's a beast... I just don't think it shows in the way he carries himself. In some ways, this is a good thing because just when you forget about him he shows up with a big grab. Good job Rookie!!!