Martellus Bennett continue to impress

Eskimo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2449190 said:
Fasano isnt here because Garrett said he didnt fit the offense. There was talk he couldnt get his assignments or routes down, and we all saw he was never more than average blocker at best.

Bennett is already a far better player than Fasano ever was (or probably will be) and is a hard nosed blocker, something else Fasano will never be either. Bennett also had the handicap of coming out of the Dennis Franchione offensive system at Texas A&M so the learning curve for him was greater, but he is already better. Imagine how good he'll be in another year or two.

Wasn't the argument at the time that Fasano had played in a similar system at ND, so he should step right in and be a contributor here.

The guy was just awful here - he has played better in Miami this year as a receiving TE. He was never going to be that guy here playing behind Witten.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2451603 said:
Wasn't the argument at the time that Fasano had played in a similar system at ND, so he should step right in and be a contributor here.
That is correctamundo. I still hated the pick at the time. It made sense when it was explained, but I still hated it.

Eskimo

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2451718 said:
That is correctamundo. I still hated the pick at the time. It made sense when it was explained, but I still hated it.

I never bought it - this was clearlyl a BP guy - ND, Italian, Charlie Weiss, NJ, TE - as if Parcells was not going to pick him.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451721 said:
I never bought it - this was clearlyl a BP guy - ND, Italian, Charlie Weiss, NJ, TE - as if Parcells was not going to pick him.

i'm Italian and from the northeast and even I am not afraid to admit that
Fasano is a bad football player. Ok I take it back... he might be adequate elsewhere but Martellus is 10x the prospect and player RIGHT now.

newlander

Reaction score
I remember all the Fasano apologists when he got traded: and there were a few spouting off about how great he was: god the guy was avg. at best, anyone but BP could see that. I'll never forgive him for dropping that ball against the gspots either.....

Eskimo

Reaction score
newlander;2451808 said:
I remember all the Fasano apologists when he got traded: and there were a few spouting off about how great he was: god the guy was avg. at best, anyone but BP could see that. I'll never forgive him for dropping that ball against the gspots either.....

People always blame Crayton but forget that one. I think the ball hit him right between the numbers on the 1-yard line and was a very catchable ball.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Eskimo;2451603 said:

The guy was just awful here - he has played better in Miami this year as a receiving TE. He was never going to be that guy here playing behind Witten.

Remember Parcells and Jerry that day after the draft, talking about how dynamic the two tight end set would look? I believe Fasano was referred to as a weapon, or giving the offense juice or some such.
:banghead: