Martellus Bennett continue to impress

Deefens

Reaction score
Did you see him throw a block for witten on one of his catches? He hammered and flattened Julian Peterson... love me some Marty B.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Deefens;2447903 said:
Did you see him throw a block for witten on one of his catches? He hammered and flattened Julian Peterson... love me some Marty B.

Was that Peterson? I saw him put someone literally on their back in the open field on one play. Awesome block.

And he's still just a kid... Imagine when he physically matures after a year or two in the weight room. He's going to be unreal.

Deefens

Reaction score
Our tight ends could be big time weapons in the passing AND running game for a long time. The league caught a break with our injuries... if felix and austin were added to this offense the way they were coming along, wow. Unstoppable.

yesfan

Reaction score
Bennett,Scandrick,and Felix,i'm liking these kids.Oh
and Tashard as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've never seen a guy get so much hate before he ever played a snap like Martellus only to be highly loved now.

Dudes gonna be a beast.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Witten is the best in the league but Bennetts athletic ability is up there with Antonio Gates'. Still has a ways to go though!

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
yesfan;2447948 said:
Bennett,Scandrick,and Felix,i'm liking these kids.Oh
and Tashard as well.

I agree and would also add that Jenkins has done some good things for us as well. Looks to be a pretty awesome draft up to this point!

yesfan

Reaction score
What about a heavy dose of Two tight end sets against Pittsburgh.

2much2soon

Reaction score
ajk23az;2447953 said:
Anyone still pissed we traded Fasano? :lmao:

It kinda makes me you scratch your head and think "Dallas' drafting and player evaluations were really good, even without Ireland, Parcells, et al".
Bennett and Felix are just simply better athletes, at their positions, than many, many guys in the league.

Deefens

Reaction score
I got to add that it was nice to see him on the sidelines with Witten going over some blocking techniques during the game.

yesfan

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2447966 said:
I agree and would also add that Jenkins has done some good things for us as well. Looks to be a pretty awesome draft up to this point![/QUOT

Yeah it does.Now if we can keep the intensity up and finish out like the
Giants did last year,this team could be awesome.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
'Tellus has made big plays blocking and catching this year. We are obviously very stacked at the position.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I love what he is doing, but honestly he will never have anything more than a late safety or LB on him because of all the weapons we have. I don't know how he couldn't look great w/ how little attention you can give him.

That said, great job Bennett! I doubted you in preseason, but you are proving to be a great weapon for us. It sort of reminds me of what the Saints did to us 2 years ago. They constantly threw to a FB in the endzone because everyone else got so much attention. You now have to be on the mind of every DC and that will give more 1 on 1s for our other guys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm loving every play he makes for us cause I was one of those who was quite pleased to have him when we drafted him instead of crying about the fact that we traded Fasano just to draft a new TE.

Well for those who thought that was stupid, this is why they did it, cause this kid is 10x the playmaker Fasano was for us.

I mean how many TD's did Fasano catch in his time here? I don't think he even had the 4 that Bennett already has but if he does it couldn't be many more than that 4.

This kid is a playmaker and it was a great job of trading Anthony and using our second round pick on this kid.

Deefens

Reaction score
yesfan;2448032 said:
Lifetimeboyzfan;2447966 said:
I agree and would also add that Jenkins has done some good things for us as well. Looks to be a pretty awesome draft up to this point![/QUOT

Yeah it does.Now if we can keep the intensity up and finish out like the
Giants did last year,this team could be awesome.

They had rookies like Ross, Bradshaw, Smith, and Boss contribute big... now our rookies are coming up big in the same positions. Ross-Jenkins/Scandrick, Bradshaw- Choice, Boss-Bennett, and Smith-RW11(kinda like a draft pick). The Giants GM Reese got a lot of love for his draft, maybe Jerry might actually get some credit.

yesfan

Reaction score
They had rookies like Ross, Bradshaw, Smith, and Boss contribute big... now our rookies are coming up big in the same positions. Ross-Jenkins/Scandrick, Bradshaw- Choice, Boss-Bennett, and Smith-RW11(kinda like a draft pick). The Giants GM Reese got a lot of love for his draft, maybe Jerry might actually get some credit.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Jerry deserves credit for sure.

Eskimo

Reaction score
2much2soon;2448010 said:
It kinda makes me you scratch your head and think "Dallas' drafting and player evaluations were really good, even without Ireland, Parcells, et al".
Bennett and Felix are just simply better athletes, at their positions, than many, many guys in the league.

It is not even necessarily that they are better "pure athletes" in terms of combine type numbers, but rather their athleticism just translates itself onto the field better than most players. The scouts truly found a couple of good football players, there. I think the same is true of Jenkins, Choice and Scandrick - excellent draft.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as we like Bennett now, he will be even better next year.

We have the best 1-2 punch at TE in the league.